South African server down?

"
Devarm wrote:
"
SwitchZA wrote:
"Unexpected disconnection" at 19:30 exactly. It really looks like an automatic downscale reducing (or removing all) SA capacity at this time.

Yeah, Exact same thing happened to myself and some mates. Goodbye map :(

Yep 19:30 on the dot , I just wish there was some feedback , just tell us your downscaling or anything I don't care how bad the news is , just tell us something please .

I feel like I'm wearing the Black Sun Crest with how much were being left in the dark about this .
"
Vetman wrote:
I just email the GGG support section that handles the MTX and payment in hopes that they might forward the message to some of the technical staff. But they couldn't do anything about it.

Looks like we should just wait it out til someone, someday sees this thread.

Horrible experience with the gateway going down everyday around 7pm.

I tried the same thing last week. I received a very polite reply redirecting me to standard trouble-shooting techniques and these forums.
"
Vetman wrote:
I just email the GGG support section that handles the MTX and payment in hopes that they might forward the message to some of the technical staff. But they couldn't do anything about it.

Literally tried that too, but they just said we don't deal with that. Guess we have to hope someone sees this thread.....
"
Veraclus wrote:
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
I think we're going to lose the SA servers. Firstly, they seem unreliable and/or misconfigured and/or whatever. Secondly, GGG doesn't seem aware or interested in responding/communicating about them. Either way, easiest solution for them is to shut them down 😔

Totally agree. Lost a conqueror map with expedition, etc a few moments ago. I said to myself: "Just shut the servers down already and put me on EU." It is still better than waiting for the disconnect bomb to drop.

What if you find a mirror and you d/c. Omg!

No, I will take unstable SA server over EU servers. I cannot go back to playing on EU.
"
SystemSlay3r wrote:
"
Vetman wrote:

Literally tried that too, but they just said we don't deal with that. Guess we have to hope someone sees this thread.....

They have seen this thread -- click the "View Staff Posts" above.
"
HoloKasT wrote:
"
Veraclus wrote:
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
I think we're going to lose the SA servers. Firstly, they seem unreliable and/or misconfigured and/or whatever. Secondly, GGG doesn't seem aware or interested in responding/communicating about them. Either way, easiest solution for them is to shut them down 😔

Totally agree. Lost a conqueror map with expedition, etc a few moments ago. I said to myself: "Just shut the servers down already and put me on EU." It is still better than waiting for the disconnect bomb to drop.

No, I will take unstable SA server over EU servers. I cannot go back to playing on EU.

Yip. I'm certainly not playing this game on international latencies with the penalties that come with dying. That combined with monster being able to kill you while they are supposed to already be phased, just a huge nope with the potential frustration that brings. I only started playing after a mate told me there were local servers. Oh well, I guess.

Same mate just lost his instance with 10-way Maven after being dc'd before being put onto Frankfurt. Good luck to the people who lost their EoW/SR invitations and having to do 28 maps (assuming you don't have the currency to buy it), which you can't even maven-witness at the same time. "You can mix influences on maps now"; oh, but only with the ones we say you can.

Server was more reliable when it was "experimental" and not listed as a standard gateway.

I do wonder though, if a particular server-breaking streamer (and his party) has messed up this particular set of servers or if this is GGG doing whatever it is they are doing.

Guess we will just be left to wonder, especially with the incredible amount of feedback we have had on this issue so far.
Hmmm, SA is back again. It always seems to return around this time.
"
Veraclus wrote:
Hmmm, SA is back again. It always seems to return around this time.

Ah, that's good to know -- I thought it came back at midnight only.

Nope -- I'm still kicked to Frankfurt.
Last edited by SabreWolfy on Jun 15, 2022, 4:31:00 PM
"
Veraclus wrote:
"
SabreWolfy wrote:

Normally only comes back at midnight for me but I am currently on SA server and back to -50ms
00:09 local time. Still being kicked to Frankfurt at ~200 ms ping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info