South African server down?

for most of Saturday, it was on South Africa and smooth with no issues at all then got kicked over to Frankfurt

So I honestly have no idea what is going on anymore, however I would like it if they can at least change it from Frankfurt to London or something as that has lower latency, or at least if there aren't any SA instances left on the logon screen show a N/A or something so I know that I can't play SA
"
Yskas8345 wrote:
I want to click on little dudes with low ping, man. :(

😁

+1

"
Yskas8345 wrote:

I think we should all buy some store stuff to show support IMO.

😒

Nope.
Why am I getting Frankfurt at 13:00 on a Sunday? 🤨
I honestly think its the host in south africa that is just incompetent. This will not surprise me at all. Why else is it on and off. If it was GGG it will just be off.

GGG should maybe look into moving the server to new host
It may well be the host where the issue lies.

However, we are 26 pages in with other posts on this forum and still no response from GGG.

Even if they responded saying 'sorry people, the host is the issue', that would be 100 times better than the silence we have been getting for nearly 3 weeks.

It makes me feel like they don't give much thought to us here but if we were a country that mattered to their sales, something would have been done.
"
Golli88 wrote:
I honestly think its the host in south africa that is just incompetent. This will not surprise me at all. Why else is it on and off. If it was GGG it will just be off.

GGG should maybe look into moving the server to new host

By that logic I could say - if it were the host it would just be off.
Lack of logic in this post.
so the instance IP's I was connecting to yesterday are still up as I get replies from it when I ping them, there were 2 that I was connecting to and both reply when pinging them.
Last edited by casper3111 on Jun 26, 2022, 3:55:39 PM
At the login screen it gives 60 ping for me(not in SA so for me this is ultra low) and then it redirects me to what seems to be Frankfurt at 250 ping. Which doesn't even make sense because London/Amsterdam is much faster at 190 ms.

Should have known better than to get exited when someone informed me there are now SA servers. Glad I picked up on this before I went crazy with the MTX.

Tried using ExpressVPN as a proxy to connect to SA servers same story.

Last reply from a mod 3 weeks ago so I doubt this is getting any kind of attention any time soon. I doubt we look financially attractive to them and then there is the state of the country so makes sense.
Hi everyone. We're aware of the problem with the South African servers and are working on solutions to try and mitigate it. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Thanks, looking forward to a speedy solution :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info