South African server down?

"
SabreWolfy wrote:
00:09 local time. Still being kicked to Frankfurt at ~200 ms ping.

Strange I was playing perfectly on SA since around 22:00. It was great no lag at all and stable under 50ms.
At this point i've stopped playing the league. Server is down more than its working in the evenings, stash and teleporting takes ages, eventually you randomly get moved to frankfurt, and lose your content in the process.

Any ping issues you guys had was ISP related, when server was up I never had more than 5ms using webafrica on a metro fiber line.

Pretty sure the problems is the servers connection/routing with GGG. Looks like client connects to server > server communicates with another GGG server somewhere. Can see it when using your stash, items are taking so long to load at times even tho server ping is 5ms. The above would make sense because your stash isnt being saved at server location(its the same regardless of which servers you connect to).

Can still see the server listed in the loggin list, and see the ping to it, but when you connect it drops you to frankfurt and closes your hideout instance, presumably because it cant retrieve your stash, character info in time and times out.
Last edited by waiora on Jun 16, 2022, 5:34:02 AM
"
waiora wrote:

Pretty sure the problems is the servers connection/routing with GGG. Looks like client connects to server > server communicates with another GGG server somewhere. Can see it when using your stash, items are taking so long to load at times even tho server ping is 5ms. The above would make sense because your stash isnt being saved at server location(its the same regardless of which servers you connect to).

Except league start, and pre-Sentinel launch, were sublime. No stash issues, flawless performance even in lockstep mode. So I don't buy this.

It's only been poor in recent weeks.
14:30 And being sent to Frankfurt hahahahaha Im about to give up
Looks like SA gateway is down again. What a surprise.
This is some garbage, man.

If frankfurt's ping wasn't a dumpster fire as well, things would be slightly better. But oh well
Surely we'll get an update soon COPIUM
Last edited by Vetman on Jun 16, 2022, 9:49:49 AM

Logging into South African server reroute to Frankfurt how do we play on this PING!

Seems these threads are not read by GGG.

Maybe Should have posted it Micro Transaction problems thread to get action.

Rg Joe
Last edited by Catfish_Joe on Jun 16, 2022, 10:05:09 AM
I started playing the game today as a new player and was enjoying myself playing a game with low ping but after a few hours I'm getting +200ms and keep getting routed to Frankfurt.

Was excited to play this game and learn everything about it but I cant do that with 200ms. I already play FFXIV with 200ms ping and that's 1 game too many for me.

If this could be fixed by GGG it would be amazing but until then, guess I will go somewhere else.
Servers are down AGAIN. It's crazy that we haven't received an update on this yet.
TimeZone: GMT(+2:00) Southern African Standard Time
"
Devarm wrote:
Servers are down AGAIN. It's crazy that we haven't received an update on this yet.

Crazy that the experimental version of the gateway was 10 times as stable as the official release
"
SwitchZA wrote:
"
waiora wrote:

Except league start, and pre-Sentinel launch, were sublime. No stash issues, flawless performance even in lockstep mode. So I don't buy this.

It's only been poor in recent weeks.

yeah, everything was fine up until last week friday night 19:30, then it was the whole weekend, and now during the week every night at 19:30.

it's as if the server config is reducing capacity instead of increasing capacity (if that's even needed so far into the league) during our "peak times"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info