what the fuck is cyberpunk

"
aggromagnet wrote:
Removed from the PlayStation Store for both PS4 and PS5, and Sony is actually offering full refunds. Yikes.

Yep, just read that. I figured the drop in CDPR stock value was just normalising after the hype, but there's no denying this is a massive blow. My PSN was fucking nothing but hype for CP2077 for ages. I honestly didn't think the reviews reflected such a drastic move, but jesus. Ironic that a game with Keanu Reeves in it would leave me feeling like I dodged a bullet by not buying into it.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Morkonan wrote:
Anyone know, can provide reference to confirm, if RedEngine 4 is using their own proprietary physics engine or if it's using PhysX or Havok?

They worked pretty closely with nVidia with regard to DLSS and ray tracing. RE4 doesn't use PhysX though (which could help explain some of the absolutely bizarre physics bugs in the game lol), and IIRC only Witcher 2 used Havok.

"
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Removed from the PlayStation Store for both PS4 and PS5, and Sony is actually offering full refunds. Yikes.

Yep, just read that. I figured the drop in CDPR stock value was just normalising after the hype, but there's no denying this is a massive blow. My PSN was fucking nothing but hype for CP2077 for ages. I honestly didn't think the reviews reflected such a drastic move, but jesus. Ironic that a game with Keanu Reeves in it would leave me feeling like I dodged a bullet by not buying into it.
I've seen the game firsthand on one of my nephews' PS4, and it is thoroughly awful. It barely qualifies as a game, let alone one playable enough to be worth anyone's time. I'm truly baffled as to how they thought releasing it in that state was better than delaying again.

TBH, they probably would have been far better off outright dropping support for last gen consoles long ago. Whatever resources they've been throwing at PS4/Xbone versions could have gone toward native versions of the game for current gen.

They clearly knew for quite some time that it was in really bad shape, and from what I saw it may not be truly fixable without gutting it and starting over. Some of their decision-makers were definitely blinded by their own hype and couldn't see past the $$$$ attached to it.

And it's a real shame they did that to themselves while screwing over that portion of their fanbase, because it is a pretty good overall experience on PC.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
honestly i wouldn't be surprised if they just scoop the money and run. tank the company and start fresh under some other name etc.

one thing about the gaming industry is that it has an extremely short memory.
PC master race, baby. 25 hours so far and not a single crash.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

TBH, they probably would have been far better off outright dropping support for last gen consoles long ago. Whatever resources they've been throwing at PS4/Xbone versions could have gone toward native versions of the game for current gen.

I think in a 'normal' year they might have. The Ps5's backwards compatibility makes it a no-brainer upgrade for Ps4 owners. But right now, there just aren't enough ps5s floating around to justify such a move.

I get the feeling they were fucked either way. There was no way a ps4 pro was going to handle what CP2077 was promising, but it's a pretty big chunk of the market. And they couldn't afford to delay again because that would make Grinding Gear Games look really foolish, and I'm sure they really care about that.

And not to derail this one too much, but Jesus Christ am I sick of my ps4 pro sounding like a jet engine while I'm idling in town in a cutesy little adventure game or waiting to get into a match in a fighting game. I don't know if devs just stopped optimising for the ps4 with the imminence of the 5 or if the damn thing has some sort of built-in planned obsolescence (I try not to wear that particular foil hat) but it just seems overall performance of what was not long ago a pretty good machine has gone through the floor.

Oh, and FTR I do have a decent PC rig. This isn't about masterrace or untermenschen. That frankly moronic analogy seems to imply that one can't be both a PC owner and a console player, the same way a person can't be circumsized and not-circumsized at once. It's just...the dumbest dichotomy.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 18, 2020, 3:27:16 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
honestly i wouldn't be surprised if they just scoop the money and run. tank the company and start fresh under some other name etc.

Geez! One bad release (particularly on consoles) and people dismiss the company as a goner. This kinda reaction is as bad as the people who treated them as the second coming after Witcher 3. CDPR ain't going anywhere.

And you should hope so, since they also run GOG.

Anyhoo, at least this once again shows why PC is the master race. \o/ :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 18, 2020, 4:58:01 AM
"
"
aggromagnet wrote:

I think in a 'normal' year they might have. The Ps5's backwards compatibility makes it a no-brainer upgrade for Ps4 owners.

There's just that small matter of $500, and during an economic crash too... :p
"
Exile009 wrote:

D

Well there is this thing with GOG and a particular game that got pulled because of some china-taiwan problem. Right now people are also thinking boycotting GOG too.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 18, 2020, 7:45:33 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

D

Well there is this thing with GOG and a particular game that got pulled because of some china-taiwan problem. Right now people are also thinking boycotting GOG too.

Go boycott steam. It has been removed from Steam too.
"
awesome999 wrote:

Go boycott steam.

I don t use steam at all since 4 years already. I started to really hate the constant update steam is doing each time I was starting it. It tickle me a little since I really loved playing team fortress but I won t accept a program that bloat my pc like steam is doing each time I start it .

But also I would be an hypocrite to boycott Steam for political reasons ( or GoG )and not GGG over some China things. Since I am still playing poe pvp I won t do that yet.

I just pointed out that right now GoG is also targeted by some sort of controversy.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 18, 2020, 8:34:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info