what the fuck is cyberpunk

next up, all platforms saves are limited to 8mb and going over corrupts your save.
support says this cannot be fixed and it "may" be patched in the future.

so even the people who are stomaching the game, or say they enjoy it and are playing it, maybe trying to get 100% completion, are even getting shit on.
hahaha

also, potential lawsuits for "Misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefit", probably due to not giving out review copies of old-gen console versions, and any review copy given still could only use B footage (no original footage recorded) in order to hide the fact it was a buggy broken fucking mess so as not to tank their sales.

but i still love how ppl are continuing to defend this whole thing, lol
I love the game and I don't care about consoles or the people who own them, that's how
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I love the game and I don't care about consoles or the people who own them, that's how

and you loving the game is completely fine. nobody is banned from enjoying the game.
but don't let that subjective enjoyment blind you to the objective cluster fuck that is CDPR and cyberpunk 2077 and its release.

thats exactly how these things keep repeating themselves over and over lol
"
awesome999 wrote:
...Obviously I don't believe you would think it is their feeling that matter. ..

I believe a person's feelings "matter" no matter who they are.

However, I think that a nation that considers the contents of a video-game to be a ... "think threat" is plainly ridiculous and overbearing.

One is not forced to purchase or play a video game. One can simply choose to "not play" a game that one considers offensive. And, if one would rather impose their will upon someone else so that one is no longer threatened with being offended by what that person(s) has to say.... Well, that's morally repugnant to me.

I agree that certain standards do need to be maintained and the contents of any media should be regulated up to a certain point. There is no reason to allow offending material to exist simply because one wishes to offend... But, I do not believe "political commentary and/or satire," however, should be one of those things that are publically regulated. Private regulation of privately held content is, as far as I am concerned, completely within the rights of the private owners of that media.

And, the fact that I am purposefully limiting my commentary on this subject should be an indication of how far I believe some actors will go in order to enforce their own will upon others, up to and including banning me from these forums if I address certain specific actors and include certain specific key words in my post...
"
xMustard wrote:
next up, all platforms saves are limited to 8mb and going over corrupts your save.
support says this cannot be fixed and it "may" be patched in the future.

so even the people who are stomaching the game, or say they enjoy it and are playing it, maybe trying to get 100% completion, are even getting shit on.
hahaha...

I was so astounded, I had to look it up to confirm it:

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-save-files-over-8mb-may-become-permanently-corrupt

TRUE.

Is this... actually a problem? How easy is it to get a saved game up to 8mb? I don't know, as I don't have the game. If it could be reasonable to expect many players to get their saved game file over the limit, this is... A Big Deal ™.

In a big open-world game like this one is supposed to be, with all these NPCs and things and stuffs and quests... I would think it wouldn't be too difficult for a player to manage a saved-game file of that size, given that I assume certain world generation results/options would likely need to be included in the saved game file.

BUT, AFAIK, it's not a "random world" and some "seed" strings could handle certain RNG things, if present, on generation. AFAIK, the only "replayability" attraction for the game lies directly in "dialogue choices" and some initial character starts. And, those have been demonstrated to largely be ineffectual in affecting different outcomes, so that kind of "replayability" attraction is... nil?

This is sort of turning out worse than the "OK'ish GTA Clone" game I thought Cyberpunk 2077 was going to turn out to be. :)
"
Morkonan wrote:
Is this... actually a problem? How easy is it to get a saved game up to 8mb?

this seems a bit interesting. mostly it has to do with how the game saves the ID of items and whatnot. apparently it needs to store a lot more ID numbers when you're crafting because it has to distinguish between items that are basically the same, but upgraded or w/e.

there was some type of post on some forums, which is NOT represented by CDPR (important to note) and their support response said to not hoard items, don't craft too much, and don't play around a whole lot. play the story and some side quests, finish the game and start a new character.

pretty fucking hilarious.

with people that want to craft and complete the whole game, like all side quests and whatnot, experience a lot of what the game has to offer, i think a ton of people will see this problem persist.
i mean, as ppl are continually playing now....after what, one week? we're already seeing the problem. and this is with people that haven't even finished the fucking game yet.

personally i think cyberpunk will get ditched. CDPR will get sued by investors and the project will get trashed. they'll cut their losses and hope they can ever get funding for another project.
at this rate the amount of work needed to actually fix majority of complaints (not just surface bugs) they'd have to damn near redesign the entire game. redo all the AI, redo soooo much.
with the state of the developers apparently protesting and speaking out against CDPR, the threat of lawsuits from investors etc....yeah i don't see them actually going through with "fixing" the game.

by that time the hype will be gone. and what will they actually be able to fix? will it actually get fixed? how long would that take? how much would that cost?

they won't go through with it. Sony will never put it back up on their store. its done and gone. time to move on.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:
...Obviously I don't believe you would think it is their feeling that matter. ..

I believe a person's feelings "matter" no matter who they are.

Evasive with quotation and that is a non-answer. Looking at the subsequence text, it tell me you don't value their opinions and think they stink.

"

However, I think that a nation that considers the contents of a video-game to be a ... "think threat" is plainly ridiculous and overbearing.

One is not forced to purchase or play a video game. One can simply choose to "not play" a game that one considers offensive. And, if one would rather impose their will upon someone else so that one is no longer threatened with being offended by what that person(s) has to say.... Well, that's morally repugnant to me.

You do realise western countries ban content from China or Russia in similar way. There is censorship on youtube, facebook and Twitter. There is sexually content censorship on japanese video games. The essence of promoting what we support and suppressing what we don't. We always impose our opinions and ideas on others and we interfere in the lives of others forcefully or discreetly. Freedom and restrictions on freedom are propaganda, selective and discriminating. People struggles with that truth.

Many countries around the world impose censor in one form or another. This outrage at the idea of censorship is fairly silly.
My current save is 5 MB. I've done most side quests, level 33. I don't hoard that much because I don't need to, I have the perk which allows me to salvage and item and get my mods back. I am not sure how much bigger it will get by the time I finish the game but whole 3 MB is doubtful. Unless you reeeally want to max out your storage I guess.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
My current save is 5 MB. I've done most side quests, level 33. I don't hoard that much because I don't need to, I have the perk which allows me to salvage and item and get my mods back. I am not sure how much bigger it will get by the time I finish the game but whole 3 MB is doubtful. Unless you reeeally want to max out your storage I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohARQ9kUCa4

this guy talks quite a bit specifically bout the save file size, what influences it etc.
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 21, 2020, 7:04:38 PM
"
awesome999 wrote:
You do realise western countries ban content from China or Russia in similar way. There is censorship on youtube, facebook and Twitter. There is sexually content censorship on japanese video games. The essence of promoting what we support and suppressing what we don't. We always impose our opinions and ideas on others and we interfere in the lives of others forcefully or discreetly. Freedom and restrictions on freedom are propaganda, selective and discriminating. People struggles with that truth.

Many countries around the world impose censor in one form or another. This outrage at the idea of censorship is fairly silly.

Just because something happens doesn't mean the person you're responding to here agrees with it. All that stuff is also bs. Your argument against it basically boils down to, "well, we already do this stuff, so you being troubled by it is silly". Transplant that logic to a various periods in various places in just the last century, where even worse atrocities were legally committed, and you'll quickly realize how silly your own logic is. Something already being the case says nothing about its moral and/or ethical value. If it did, we'd never change anything, since them being done would automatically mean they were okay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info