what the fuck is cyberpunk

If you read the article, it says it is not credible. I would be shocked if they skipped a Christmas release.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
If you read the article, it says it is not credible. I would be shocked if they skipped a Christmas release.

Are you saying people should be critical towards their sources of information? Do you actually expect people to read beyond the headline?

I envy your faith in humanity. Seriously.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
LOL dumped to off-topic. Well that was inevitable.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Cyberpunk 1977 would be a better title - as in what people in 1977 with no real vision of the future imagined the future to be like.

As a fiction genre - Technology and society still have another 20-30 years before they will reach the technology predicted in the 1980s. To give a perspective on it - imagine you have your current memory of what Path of Exile is now, but are sent to an alternate time line. In that timeline the year is 2050 and after 40 years of development of Path of Exile they've only gotten as far as Axiom Prison and the battle with Brutus. Now imagine that Cyber Path of Exile is offering a look into the "future" with development up until Merveil. How excited would you be for that?

You couldn't pay me to play a "future" game with nothing futuristic about it. I'm sure a lot of people will find it to be a fun game. Good for them, and I hope the company does well with it. We need more varieties and new things in gaming. This one just happens to be not my cup of tea.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
If they made it MMO I'd maybe be more interested.

For now it's a dark post-apocalypse sci-fi GTA.

Still the game is already very popular (25 millions views on their recent trailer).
There are too many MMOs and not many good GTA-like games.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
There are too many MMOs and not many good GTA-like games.

I haven't played a "GTA" game since "Grand Theft Auto." The very first one... Because, "Ffff' I'm old."

What is a "GTA" game? Serious question. (Anyone?)

If one was going to try to describe it, what would a meaningful definition be? "Meaningful" as in "This definition can't be applied to any other genre." It has varied in presentation and a bit in style since its inception, so perhaps only the later editions would be indicative of some "GTA Genre" game?

A first/third-person-shooter adventure with story elements in a reactive, dynamic, sandbox world? I don't know what "RPG Elements" are there aside from "character equipment."

Would an "Assassin's Creed" game fit in the same genre? Don't they have some similar play elements?

Honestly, the only thing that would differentiate the game from other genres is its general focus on "criminal activity." So...

A first/third (is that correct?) shooter adventure with story elements that focus on criminal activity in a reactive, dynamic, sandbox world.

(Why? Because I'm curious as to how fans view their gameplay experience and what they may consider to be "unique" enough about it to define a genre of game.)
Cyberpunk seems like precisely the exact kinda "woke" game I'm looking for, where gender is just a matter of getting it fixed to be however, or whatever you want in the nearest back alley mod shop. If I was able to do that now, they'd have to add an extra + or 2 onto LGBTQ+ just because of me.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 29, 2020, 8:02:04 AM
You try too hard. :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
You try too hard. :)

In Cyberpunk I can be a cybernetically enhanced chimera, with reptilian skin graphs who can reproduce asexually, who identifies as pansexual. I'll make current alternative designations look like they're "cis".
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 29, 2020, 10:04:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info