what the fuck is cyberpunk

"
vio wrote:
my main problem with those games is

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-drm
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
vio wrote:
sounds all good, thanks for the advertisement :)
maybe i give it a try.

my main problem with those games is, i just have one pc for gaming and working and can't infest it with some copy protection malware that breaks into windows's core functions and replaces basic api calls.

i loved ggg for not going that route and not taking over the client side.

maybe u didn't know that, but CD Project Red is also the owner of GoG, a game store like Steam that sells all their games 100% DRM free. So it would be weird if they load some bs malware on ur PC with CP2077. Btw. they have the customer friendliest refund policies aswell.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 8, 2020, 6:58:29 AM
"
handeytwo wrote:

whats the problem, you just replace one surveillance with another, its alright bruh!

wouldn't install that chinese/russian spy operating system 10 that phones home. .. wait, it's american.
phone runs on a free android fork, personal data is on a debian laptop, think i'm covered.

it's really only that some development stuff needs windows .. and games.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
vio wrote:
sounds all good, thanks for the advertisement :)
maybe i give it a try.

my main problem with those games is, i just have one pc for gaming and working and can't infest it with some copy protection malware that breaks into windows's core functions and replaces basic api calls.

i loved ggg for not going that route and not taking over the client side.

maybe u didn't know that, but CD Project Red is also the owner of GoG, a game store like Steam that sells all their games 100% DRM free. So it would be weird if they load some bs malware on ur PC with CP2077. Btw. they have the customer friendliest refund policies aswell.

sounds amazing, thanks.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Sadaukar wrote:

Yep. And GoG is gaining market share. It's still small compared to Steam, but gaining. They are much older than Steam though. (three letter address) I've had a GoG account for years and always check there first before buying anything at Steam.

The old games with built-in DosBox are great. It's so much easier than trying to get old games running on your own. Plus, it's nice to replace old games I have on CD, but are too scratched up to run. GoG has a better selection of old games than Steam. After all GoG originally stood for Good Old Games, which is what they specialized in.

You don't need an Internet connection to play. Once you get the download, it's yours forever, and you can install it on any machine you want. If you lose it, it's listed in your account and you can re-download free.

/done with shout out to GoG. They are well worth the shout.
Last edited by harddaysnight on Nov 8, 2020, 4:14:39 PM
"
handeytwo wrote:
"
Morkonan wrote:
CDPR has had employees receive death threats over this three-week delay. And, you know what? I blame CDPR.

you when there is morally grey, white, black and all that you would be fucking black, this is an extremely twisted sense of what is justified and what is not.

The point being that CDPR "et al" have gone to great lengths to promote their game, even so far as delving into "social justice" issues, purposefully presenting very controversial perspectives on their game's contents in order to increase their visibility. Sex, bewbs, transexuality, anything-sex-that-will-sell, etc.. These things aren't the result of some anecdotal game content like some "love story" to be pursued - They're in there to get the equivalent of "page-hit attention."

But, in an effort to draw in new, very devoted fans, it has "hyped" the game to levels approaching that of "No Man's Sky." And, we all should remember how that turned out... Of course, CDPR has much more experience in creating open-world games than "Hello Games" ever had. But...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/06/19/try-not-to-get-caught-up-in-cyberpunk-2077-hype/

OK, so what have we seen and what is being claimed? That "vertical" slice vs a sort of "perpendicular" slice of what we have seen is important. This is very much like watching a movie trailer and being told there's all sorts of great things in a movie, but finding out that it was only the movie trailer you had to watch to have "seen the whole movie." :)

We don't know what's in it.

But, all those people in those crowd scenes are supposed to be "living in a dynamic world." They are "doing stuff" and have "lives" in which they... somehow do stuffs in the world.

Big doings!

And, the most overhyped RPG games in existence ALWAYS market this "living world" setting for their game and, so far, most have utterly failed in providing that.

CDPR marches ahead. Maybe they will actually provide a level of detail in their world that meets the hype?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077#Awards

"Awards" for a game that has not been released...

It won OVER 100 "Awards"... at the 2018 E3 conference.

In the year Two-Thousand and Eighteen, an as yet unreleased game at the time of the writing of this post "won" over one-hundred game-related-stuffs "Awards" at that year's E3.

The hype is real.

Now, when it comes down to "action" I blame the "actor." But, when it comes down to hype-building and pushing the limits in creating and maintaining fanbase enthusiasm, this whole "Cyberpunk 2077" debacle in its little three-week hiatus before a delayed launch... Well, how many years of purposeful hype and drama can be sustained before we start blaming developers for their own over-production of hype? That inflammatory, emotional, reaction from the community they have been grooming for all these years should be expected.

Why can they manage their "hype" so very well, but can't manage the reception of one simple announcement of a very tiny delay? One involves money, one doesn't, that's "how."

They failed to manage the Frankenstein they, themselves, created. Do you want to know how they should have done this as an example of diffusing outrage before it has a chance to get to this point over such an announcement?

"We've been playing the game and we, ourselves, are having a blast with it! You guys are going to really love what we've done. And, something exciting has happened - A group of our in-house testers came forward to us the other day with a great suggestion and, after several days of discussion, the entire team has decided that we're going to add some awesome things to the game! (It's seriously cool stuffs, guys... srsly!)

Understand - We've been working hard and the game is practically ready for release. But, what do you do when a group of people come to you with a great idea? Do you leave it behind? No! We here at CDPR take great ideas and put them into our game! That's why we are known for making games that players love.

Beside adding some really cool things, we're going to go through an optimization process once more to be sure we've got the game running well for you guys across the board, from everything to control features, music, display quality across all resolution choices and console feature compatibility so you can take full advantage of some of the new features we're including.

To that end, we will be adding some new things and going back over all our optimization efforts. To do this, we're going to push back the final release of the game for three weeks. I know that sounds huge! But, it's just three weeks, which is just fifteen days for you regular working folks! (We'll be working eighteen, though, and still giving our guys a rest day once a week during this "Crunch."

Lovingly signed your devoted fan and developer, CDPR."

What new feature did they discover? I don't know, make it "in-game purchase "hats" and vehicle skins," which should take a few days tops to make. And, as far as "optimization efforts?" Make some sad QA guy work overtime a few days and... done.

Not exactly a "lie," really. But, judging by the hype and judging by the flurry of discussion revolving around this "delay" I think that fits well within the "ethical" standards of most AAA game studios. (The day-off for Crunch is stretching it a bit for CDPR, but they've supposedly been trying harder there...)

All in all, I don't really care about Cyberpunk. If I ever decide to play it, I'll be playing the year+ release version and the hype will have died down to post-No-Man's-Sky levels.
"
Morkonan wrote:
Way too much...

That's a lot of words, trying to defend your statement that game developers "deserve" death threats for delaying the game, just because they've advertised it successfully.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Morkonan wrote:

All in all, I don't really care about Cyberpunk. If I ever decide to play it, I'll be playing the year+ release version and the hype will have died down to post-No-Man's-Sky levels.

That's how I feel. Why all the other words though if you really don't care?
What the F is Cyberpunk anyway at all at F, you say?
Well, you know what? I don´t give an F about what it is, really. I don´t give a shit in fact.
But if you give an F (as in like) in titles like Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row, Crackdown and MAYBE Deus Ex, I guess you MAY give it some thouht, to actually give it an F´ng try.
https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-delay-2021-rumor/

OMEGALUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info