Thaumaturgic Dust - now useless basically

And here I am, picking multiple divines from shipments.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
The only relevant question is, is the smallball strategy still worth it? I am sure there are all kidns of possibilities for people that play dozens of maps per hours to get a mirror shard with a 40 mio shipment.

I made a good amount of divs with shiping 520 of each grain(+a larger amount of the grain that was in demand at the specific harbour, like 3k or sth) and 8k dust...
Those ships now have 100k value and to get to where they were before i would need 200k instead of 8k dust which means the disenchanter has to run msot of the times, which means i have to play alot more maps than before...

Do i at least get the same amount of currency or better? So far nothing but this might jsut be variance^^

Has anyone continued shipping low value to ribbon fell and stil lgot the single divs every now and then?
Last edited by Strickl3r on Aug 14, 2024, 9:36:08 AM
"
Strickl3r wrote:

Do i at least get the same amount of currency or better? So far nothing but this might jsut be variance^^

Sure, you'll get comparable rewards if you have a high level town running, pumping in rares for dust 24/7, maxed out disenchanters, maxed out high level farming, hording resources for shipments,and devoting your life to farming gold to sustain this abomination. This is now the intende way to be rewarded by the league mechanic.

"

*Looks at account profile and characters and achievements and challenges*. Yep, sounds about right.

Anyone human with human level playing hours and commitment to the game getting comparable rewards now?
Last edited by mnieradko on Aug 14, 2024, 9:43:01 AM
I got a div from the 500 8k strat but it seems like the quantity of stuff is lower. Less runes and whatnot.
Div shipment
Spoiler

Total 3 that came back
Spoiler
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 14, 2024, 10:32:47 AM
Horrible Dust changes, it is already incredibly hard to sustain gold, now that you have to invest a ton in disenchanting it is even harder, while the ceiling for shipments has been raised the floor dropped dramatically. At least stop calling shit a buff when it isn't. Really upset.
"
Mashgesture wrote:
I got a div from the 500 8k strat but it seems like the quantity of stuff is lower. Less runes and whatnot.
Div shipment
Spoiler

Total 3 that came back
Spoiler

Well if this is just 8k dust after the patch, it clearly would be a buff. Those look like my shipments from before the change. So if oyu add tons of dust this should look even better...

Unfortunately for me my shipment haven't looked liek this, yet^^ But i am still hoping that the div shows up every once in a while like before...
Last edited by Strickl3r on Aug 14, 2024, 10:50:34 AM
Its honestly hard to say because the stuff I am seeing on reddit, stacks of 3-4 power runes and 10+ divs....

Is the result of people saving up for 5+ days and then sending out.

Where you would just make that if you played, probably more actually, but.... to have enough crops for that you would have to have enough gold to have them paid for ... days ... so you either played a crap ton to get a week in the coffers... or already ARE playing.

Not enough information is given in those posts, as usual.

Like I originally said. They buffed the high investment it seems and the very low investment saw a nerf. I was getting more than this before in quantity have screens from another post.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
1. Disenchanting was basically worthless past a certain point. You get tens or hundreds of thousands of dust by melting down small uniques and after that, you forget the job even exists as you dump 100-8000 dust into your shipments. This nerf incentivizes you to actually use the disenchanter more.

2. I'll be honest, I'm glad for this "buff". With the town being less profitable, I feel less pressured or incentivized to maintain it. Once I am done with the relevant challenges (quotas and conditional boss kills), I am free to do whatever I want to pursue currency, including content that drops little to no gold. If GGG only wants the town to be good for people who farm T17s and rake in hundreds of thousands of gold per hour, fine, they can have it. But I am free.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Aug 14, 2024, 11:04:56 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:

Another 39/40 challenge completer saying everything is A-OK. Of course it is... for you, and everyone else in the category of completing the entire league in 2.5 weeks.

For everyone else, it's not really OK.

Last edited by Galtrovan on Aug 14, 2024, 11:07:59 AM
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Another 39/40 challenge completer saying everything is A-OK. Of course it is... for you, and everyone else in the category of completing the entire league in 2.5 weeks.

For everyone else, it's not really OK.

No it's okay.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info