South African server down?

Sucks big time after getting to experience low latency gameplay.

Communication shouldn't be this hard GGG, getting your network engineers to give an update to customer service is such basic stuff.
I believe it's only fair that a refund can be requested for funds spent on private server with friends and points spent on stash and cosmetics.

1. Non of our friends are playing because the South African servers are down
2. Latency to EU is way to high and death is unavoidable
3. Guild stash stabs were purchased and now unused.

Surely we can get this official refund request processed.

if anything it is probably poor services by our local providers. I work in IT and daily i am awe struck at how terrible our service providers are. Especially in the ISP and hosting space. Either that or perhaps they underestimated how many SA players there are and now those servers can't handle it and now we require upgrades, of course our hosting providers didn't think to keep more stock and now have to order which means 3 weeks to get from suppliers (which are also terrible usually).

I hope I am wrong :P
Nothing much I can say that has not already been said. Just want to +1 to the community.
Guess what time of the day it is...
Servers are down again. Seems to always be around 7pm at night, as load picks up.
As I finish work the server goes down. :(
This is becoming surreal. A major failure, day after day, on one of GGG's international realms, and there is nothing but silence from the company.

We can only assume that we don't matter to them. They must get log files from the server or provider. They must be reading these forums (so they claim).

Bottom line -- it's obviously not worth the effort or cost to resolve this for us. Therefore, we don't matter to them. What other conclusion is there?

I've supported this game financially over the years, and I would like to continue to do so, but there is no way I can bring myself to purchase a Supporter Pack, or anything else, when the lack of response from GGG is so obvious 😒

The only thing we can do is to ensure that this thread does not die.
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
The only thing we can do is to ensure that this thread does not die.

Cannot agree more. I am really bleak about it.

Thankfully I have not bought mtx or anything like that yet, with the exception of stash tabs 2/3 seasons back, which are almost a required buy if you want to play for more than just the campaign. And we get like 16x less value thanks to the exchange rates.
Bump.

What is with the total silence from GGG??
TimeZone: GMT(+2:00) Southern African Standard Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info