What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

"
Zenshii wrote:
"
MatokMalorn wrote:

Heck, why not do something creative like making the sentinels upgrade monsters with random archnemesis mods when shot, and make that be the only way you get archnemesis rares, but you get the extra reward as well? Put the control back in the player's hands like with 3.17 to some extent. You want hard and more rewards, then push the sentinel button. That would have been really cool.

This! +11111111!1!!oneone
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
SOUNDS LIKE HAVING A DECOY TOTEM WONT BE A BAD IDEA THIS LEAGUE :D
Any plans on extending the league by however much time we'll end up wasting doing the beta testing for you? Not everyone likes to buy their gear with currency (trade league) or spend 12+ hours a day grinding (ssf). You wanted to slow the game down and for those on limited time the 40/40 challenges were already going to take longer than ever before, if even possible in the time frame given.
remove archnemesis mods entirely from normal game and put them into hard mode. why did u even think that any1 wanted the mods to be overhauled ? no1 ever had a problem with monster mods before. crazyness
:3
So, as original post asked to tell about any mods that basically disable builds, there i go: encountered it today (17.05.2022) - wardloop (a.k.a. fakeblood ascendant) build against temporal bubble, the problem is - temporal bubble reduces cooldown recovery rate but not increases duration of skeletons which just basically breakes the loop and stops build from working, haven't managed to kill temporal bubble mob in any way, no other mods presented, possible solution: make temporal bubble slow down minion duration tick rate by the same amount as it reduces cooldown recovery rate (increasing skill effect duration won't do cause it will stack with the existing reductions and instead of adding 60% to 0.25sec skele duration it will make it around 6 seconds (cause 98% duration reduce + 60% duration increase))

P.S.: and ofc mod also makes it impossible to kill mob from outside the bubble, maybe another possible solution is make mob not immune to damage from outside of bubble, but like take 90% less damage or something

P.P.S.: encountered temporal bubble with assassin.. HELP ME
Last edited by Notrum666 on May 17, 2022, 5:14:13 PM
thinking of quitting this league, monsters too hard, dying too much to enjoy it. Doing same build as previous few leagues, always had fun, not now though.

Looked at the list of new mob mods - i really dont wanna read pages of info and try to memorize anything or have to look up on second monitor what mob i am fighting.... this is too much.

I just want to die less.
It's unplayable with anything that isn't meta.. Character deleted. Maybe next league will be better. If this is the direction Poe is heading I need a new passtime
GGG - Fun is not allowed, you have to suffer
What happened with the monsters in general? It feels like their life pool and damage were huge buffed. I can't even one-shot a white mob. This league makes the worse campaign and mapping progression i have ever experienced for over 10 years playing POE. It's the first league i have to avoid most blue packs and rare mobs or it will take ages and several portals to clear the map. Why don't just make the AN mod in engame map (T14+) only?
I will try to stay positive in my feedback and suggestions, here as I think the intention to add more interesting encounters throughout PoE is a positive one, but with the current implementation of Archnemesis mods there appear to be myriad issues for new and experienced players alike.

It might be beneficial to introduce Tiers to all the Archnemesis mods, e.g. instead of just Toxic there are Toxic I - X.

As an example, perhaps tier I and II are introduced in part 1-2 of the campaign, tiers III-IV correspond each to white, yellow, and red maps, and juicing could push into tiers that don't occur naturally.

With multiple Tiers of a mod each one could keep the core identifying element, usually the unique visible mechanic, such as Toxic's homing bombs. This allows players to become familiar with a mod and its name and visible effect during the campaign. The lower tiers of the core ability of a mod could be tuned to be extremely weak and mostly demonstrative, with the latter tiers ramping the effect up.

Furthermore, the copious stat boosts that most mods heap on top of the core ability could phase in gradually as the tiers increase. In the case of some of the most punishing effects like ailment resistances (please not immunities) could then only appear in the tiers introduced by juicing.

Adding tiers introduces a separate lever to adjust the difficulty of a pack, instead of only having the option of adding a 2nd 3rd or 4th Archnemesis mod. Lets say that both things might be possible, roll this choice a number of times depending on map mods, or other sources of juice, like the atlas passives. Each time either upgrading a mod (likely) adding a new mod (rarely), and a simple stat multiplier(most likely?). This could even be codified using a term coined in Sentinel (empowerment), sources of empowerment could come from many places, and each empowerment is randomly a choice from those options. If sentinel goes core it then provides +x empowerments to mobs hit?

There are obviously other considerations like how Archnemesis integrates, or doesn't with league content. Monster base-type + mod combo issues, like avoiding having tunnel worms getting rejuvenating. Perhaps it would be better to restrict Archnemesis modifiers based on the monster base types, with league specific base creatures having no access to the "interesting added ability" mods, because those creatures are an interesting encounter in their own right. If necessary they could have some vanilla stat multiplier modifiers available in their pools that fulfill the "more modifiers = more reward" checks?

As for some of the individual obviously contentious mechanics:

- Invulnerable : Have the cycle be really short and repeat fast since most of the issues arise from such an elongated invulnerability window. Or make this conditional on something other than a timed phase, e.g. takes no damage from a specific direction for the duration.

- Effigy: Keep the same theme and visual linking but change the effect to something less "oops you're dead", perhaps have the link cause degen when the creator rare is standing in the beam linking the effigy and player like a reverse ancestral bond, bonus points for having that visually effect the beam.

- Trickster: having to deal with Whakawairua Tuahu more than once a league makes a cheeky joke greatly overstay its welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info