What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

Triggers a Delayed Reckoning when Hit (1.5 second Cooldown)

GGG do you play your own Game? I dont think so.

Maybe with a lv 100 char and max gear but not as normal player.
The difficulty needs to be massively reduced or made optional content so people that don't want it can skip it. I hate mobs with immunities, it's the main reason I always skip expedition. Now we have mobs with not only immunities but haste and lightning mirages and poison bombs and other crap. I keep getting one-shot or running into mobs that can't be killed. Essence/harvest and I'm sure other content as well is unplayable with these new mobs. I want to enjoy POE I really do, but it's getting harder and harder every time I die pointlessly from unbalanced rippy content that I can't even skip. There was nothing wrong with the old rare system, please bring it back.
Last edited by infin1tas on May 19, 2022, 6:52:50 AM
This is probably the worst league I have ever played so far. It is not a difficulty increase if I sit at a boss with a decoy totem spamming 3000 traps to finally kill the shit in minutes of boring crawl. Then the next time some random nothing oneshots me becuse hehehe so funny it hads some op mod. Difficulty would assume a visible threat and a manageable counterplay. This is just a random roll or dice. I could deal with a reasonable difficlty increase but this isjust not enjoyable. Did you go like "o look dark soulds is popular lets make this insanely difficult too"? Let me just mention that it is an entirely different genre of game. Where extreme difficulty is a challenge - in a grinding farming game it is just ass. The sentinel mechanic would e quite decent. I would have enjoyed thsi league a LOT were it not for the archnemesis horsesh*t.
Aside from the random 1 shot invisible explosions that happens sometimes from map to map, today I got my first encounter that was impossible

In bonecryp map, -7% resist, monster frenzy on charge, -25% player armour, -30% chance to block, inhabited by sea witches and their spawn,

I get a Moonbringer, crushing glacier essence of Suffering, doubt and anger...
Gargantuan
Arcane Buffer
Temporal Bubble

So i need to get inside the bubble to kill it but it's gargantuan with frenzy. Tier 6 map and even though I 1 or 2 shots yellow mobs, this one I cannot get close enough to take off 10% of it's energy shield.

Am I supposed to have full mirror items to do a single essence dude ? I mean it was metamorph map and it was trivial.

Oh and what is that bug with about 15 frostbolts stacked up within the range of about 2 frostbolts back to back. Could see all the lines of them next to each other. That also happened on that map. That's a bug because of frenzy charge and ball lightning quick hits on the metamorph with it's minions around?

Look if i post here it's because that single map disgusted me so much I'd rather idle for a while now.

SINGLE ARCHNEMESIS mod is fine. STACKING ARCHNEMESIS MODS ISN'T.

"
Our goal is that rare monsters are worth the effort to kill, with appropriate experience gain, item drop quantity and item drop rarity bonuses.l
The effort needs to be linked to the risk in your calculation. The effort is not just 1-5min, it's also the risk of loosing 10% XP and the time to recover it because your balancing isn't done properly. Some groups of mods should never be happening at the same time. Next time I'm gonna skip. See, that's a loss on your side when a gamer prefer to avoid something he's supposed to enjoy.
Last edited by muffinn21 on May 19, 2022, 4:31:58 PM
Steel-infused
80% phys damage reduction.

WHO IS MAKING THESE DESIGN CHOICES?

Why even build a character with defenses if there are mobs like this? What's next? Remove all elemental resistances mobs?

What are you even doing GGG?
EFFIGY

are you serious?? a hidden reflect mechanic? died so many times not knowing why I just fell over... stupid, just stupid to add something like this

isn't it enough to check every map for reflect mods??
if you cant understand why that happened with this game since 3.15 you can ask yoursefl:
who needs to make all parts of the game so annoying?

and answer here:
1. do you played mobile games? dont you remember all these "crystals packs" for better progressing?
2. i think after 1-5 leagues we will see something like "+10% max hp MTX armor, +1% to max res MTX ring", vault pass, premium account with +50% loot and exp etc.
3. change my mind
These mods are fine... they just need to be incrementally applied.

10% of value on map level 1 up to 100% at map level 16.

Non of these mods should exist in acts... PERIOD!

IF YOU CANNOT PLAY WITH A TABULA AND JUNK GEAR IN A LEVEL 1 MAP THE GAME IS BROKEN.

NS
These modifiers are fine, if they werent still randomly oneshotting people, even with a tested and proven build i know to take very large hits these mobs are still hitting harder than uber elder slams for instance, its not enjoyable its just anti-fun.
these rares should have a debuff for every extra modifier they have on them, -5/10% damage per +1 mod up to 50%, so that super stacked mobs arent just instant death. you can argue that well you choose to make these mobs like this, but sadly this WOULD be true, if say an essence mob didnt generate its modifiers once unlocked, same for metamorph etc, blight mobs are now much tankier and RNG can cause a single rare to walk through all defensives no matter what.

Honestly, just revert it, and make archnemesis mobs a random chance spawn per map.
it just seems like unnessecary difficulty, gatekeeping (immunities etc) and happy vampirism, large losses for very little reward.

All in all, if the game stays this way, people will very likely quit much sooner each league.

I wont be spellchecking this as its late and im just getting off a long session of repetitive arbitrary oneshots.
Horrible changes, player base diminishing.
Moon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info