What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

I have no godforsaken idea why any of the devs would think that nemesis mods were the direction to go: they sucked absolute ass in Archnemesis league and they don't even remotely address the main concern that NO ONE on the team seems to understand and is probably resulting in a massive disconnect between people that *actually* play the game, both high-skill and casual, and the people that make the game; the assumption that fuckin *anyone* actually stops in the middle of a freakin map to read what mods a rare has.

Some of the reasons why no one stops to do this:
1. 90% of the time they're going to aggro to you while you're trying to read it, even with there only being a few words for the mods, and some of these mobs will just straight up clap you within that time frame.
2. You become stationary for *all the other mobs* around you, resulting in you getting clapped.
3. PoE has not been designed to reward patient gameplay; it's designed for you to go fast, and if you don't go fast, you die. Anyone that's actually played Path of Exile for more than a month knows this.
4. It's jarring gameplay to have to stop and read the modifiers on a MONSTER that's *actively fighting you* when there are no mechanics to actually assist in doing so. This isn't a problem for most "stop to do a thing" content because those things didn't require you read the shit as you're fighting; you were able to read it ahead of time in safety. Expedition, Heist, Ultimatum (Ultimatum fuckin PAUSED the game, so we KNOW a similar function can be done), Harvest, etc. Even fuckin Archnemesis allowed you to know what you were getting into. Slapping these mods onto all magic and up mobs does not let you know what you're getting into.

"Explore content" is a cop out for re-using content that you guys had a hard on for and are upset the rest of us didn't like. I don't want to "explore" what the fuck is causing this random ass yellow mob on a fuckin Tier 3 map to, for whatever reason, have more HP than a T6 map boss, take less damage than a T6 map boss, and regen/leech enough that we are literally at a fuckin stalemate and neither can kill the other when I'm over level 81 with my swings clapping entire packs of other yellows and blues.

[Removed by Support]

It'd be one thing if I could actually *choose* not to fuckin deal with these god awful changes that very much did change builds (seriously can't believe the PR-speak that was "your builds will be untouched," it's like you knew this was a bad idea), but it's forced and now I have to just fuckin run past rares.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 1, 2022, 11:10:42 PM
Please consider at which level some of these mods are fair to encounter, theres absolutely no way to deal with alot of these modifiers in acts 1-3.
Like WTF... I know my gear is not good at all, with LA build and stuff, but still I can deal decent damage to everything in t15 maps, killing them without issues...
Then comes in Archnemesis mods... [Removed by Support].
I just got 4 rare enemies from harvest.. 4 spawns that negatet all damage I could do to them + one-shot me whenever I came in to try and DO damage
Temporal bubble+Hasted... Can't hit it from range, can't run from it... Would be OK if not for next buddies here
Consecrated+Sentinel... Just runs around with Temportal bubble, permanently regenerating life to everything in bubble, dunno what kind of DPS u need to kill that shit, but ok, u might have 93274598174395 dps and just one-shot them, they're not fatty or anything, just needs some more dps.
Gargantuan+Steel-infused+Incendiary... now I can't even get close, this shit just literally bitch-slaps me and I'm dead right there on the spot... and he's also inside same temportal bubble with first guy and second guy... meaning if I stop to deal damage inside the bubble, they all just stand on Cons ground regenerating 2% life every second... with first 2 buddies it would be OK, but not 3rd that's just fat as f*ck.
Permafrost+Deadeye... The goddamn culmination of THEIR BUILD against... dunno, everything I guess ?
--
With this kind of bullshit, I've got not idea how to even properly play...
U meet 3 of those in any combination and u're just fucked, u have to run around from them as if it's Sirus posessed with 120348790852 tormented spirits... [Removed by Support]

How dafuq do u play this now ???
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 16, 2022, 4:18:08 PM
From what I heard GGG wants to "slow down" the gameplay and curb gazzilion dps numbers.

But how do you do that with those ridonculous mob mods?

My experience with rares (harvest, metamorph) with 4+ of those new mods:
- unable to kill them, 2 million dps is WAY too low
- getting 1-shot by... idk what, no effect, no telegraphed attack, as if my character trips over a pebble and dies

Considering making one of those meme builds with 50-100m dps instead of moderate dps and heavy defense... if you can 1-shot the whole screen, you won't get hit. And in rare case I do die, well.. I die anyway.
This game is bullshit right now with all of this AN mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info