What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

It's the stacking that the problem, with so many effects interacting, just on their own it's virtually impossible to build through it. We don't start with headhunter builds, we start with nothing.

[Removed by Support]

Had to ignore the league as buffing this lot is pointless. Wiped on white maps repeatedly. Can't engage with previous league content because it is either timed (and can't kill stuff fast enough) or the inherent buffs then stack with the stupidity of the current mods.

And then map buffs buff the mods even more.

[Removed by Support] it basically breaks all the content of the game for a very large number of people. We might not be streamers and able to play for days on end, but i guarantee there are plenty of us.

I've been back to maps twice and given up both times, i'll check it out again after the balance pass - how disappointing.

[EDIT] To try and quantify this extremely roughly. My current character is a EK Inquisitor, at t1 maps, direct tooltip DPS is ~25k and then i'm having to use 4L tornado to supplement just to kill anything efficiently (not immediately, but to actually get stuff to die). I've just checked 6 previous league characters, all roughly the same level (65-70) running into yellow maps, all running off 14-18k tooltip DPS (or the equivalent). I grant you its not a very scientific comparison, but i'm outputting roughly 25-30% more DPS this league and able to reach t1/t2 rather than t5/6/7. So ignoring other mechanics, that's roughly 20% of the previous content i was able to access. That's a pretty big power gap you've built.

[EDIT2] I'd also like an explanation why the commentary on testing being inadequate has been removed, the baseline is clearly wrong otherwise you wouldn't be putting out major hotfixes on day 2. An interesting response to a mild comment that probably says more than anything else about the situation.
Last edited by Jordanic on May 16, 2022, 5:52:32 PM
i am trying my best to git gud and survive 80 mobs in the harvest but is not going well, metamorph make very tanky too, and the idea of go to melee against a mana sinphoner and a big pack of mobs that love your blood is not going well too, this attempts to make the mobs harder like the expedition league are such a bs just change 1 thing and forget all the mechanics in the game and see how this goes
Last edited by Mokurp on May 16, 2022, 7:59:26 PM
How About leave the rare and magic monsters alone and give the AN mods to the map bosses, you know if you are going to force some content down the players throat how about not ruining the game so you can make it harder for the 1% of players, you know the streamers, the only people you talk to anymore.
Ppls are so flabbergasted by the harsh impact of rare mods that there is almost no talk about the league mechanic.
How could be if even without them littul empowereres its so dangerous to be around Wraeclast... I pity those trying to play hc, streamers/nolifers/1%percenters excluded.

So, i strongly think the timer on sentinels should be removed; let them be around until the charges are expended...maybe with a kill button like delirium, in case u wind up on one of those uncrackable moded rare for your particular build...and u have time to react.

With the timer in place, there is a sense of fomo which rush u around trying to get every charge count, which lead to powering too many rares/magics or whatnot, which lead to pain...to suffering..yadda yoda.

Also that remote control node "sentinel can not empower white monsters" makes no sense, since in the seconds its live a normal no zoom-zoom build cant cover entire map to empower all rares/magics around. Or u can, if its a heavily juiced map or other rare heavy mechanics employed, in which case gods have mercy on your soul.

No good in any case for the average joe player; i really wonder how t did passed testings in this stage.
"
MatokMalorn wrote:

Heck, why not do something creative like making the sentinels upgrade monsters with random archnemesis mods when shot, and make that be the only way you get archnemesis rares, but you get the extra reward as well? Put the control back in the player's hands like with 3.17 to some extent. You want hard and more rewards, then push the sentinel button. That would have been really cool.

This! +11111111!1!!oneone
So still largely reserving my judgement as I'm not too deep into the league yet to really feel how the rare changes impact events like Harvest and ritual or heist where you really see a massive density, best I've seen comparable is some low Aliva, and still story questing in the time I have;

So far however, I generally enjoy the changes to the rares, with some outliers, and rough spots. I like that the rares feel more intersting, more telegraphed and more dangerious (to a point) where I want to think about how to fight them (or if fighting them is worth the risks). This in part is played into by the sentinal league mechanic (i.e this mob is easy, do I use a drone to juice it? This mob is already hard, can I risk juciing it? etc).

Mana Siphiner feels like shit. Most mobs are fast enough to close the distance to ranged, the aura damage is MASSIVE, and if you're at 0 mana, you can't use steals to restart the engine unless you're a life spender which for a caster can be the kiss of death, doubly so as most builds need to use a Dash (i.e spend mana) to get away from a swift mob (Mana Siphiner snake or something). Meanwhile, even with a near by blindspot for Sipher, exact control for a melee character is EXTREMELY harsh in the chaos of a fight, and hard even if you've reduced it to a 1v1 just because of the camera and input of the game, making an already iffy modifier savage. I've yet to see it first hand, but I can only imagine how rough it could be on a 2 mod rare with Sipher and something like Magma Barrier that wants to you to disengage often. I can very easily see this becoming a toxic experience that spoils the fun of the night.

This is in part a numbers game, the damage of Siphoner can be tweeked, the size of the AoE and blind spot shifted, etc. But I had a similar exiperience when proxy shields first came up, where it was sometimes hard to just get IN the AoE to do anything even when you realized that's what you had to do. The Vaal side boss snake with the proxy shield really highlights this, as it's prone to disengage and has a huge move speed.

Visibility is the other side. The rare update has improved it a GREAT deal, adding visual indicators and colored text helps create advanced warnings and information to the player. But reading unknown text is VERY hard in the game, and as it is free standing text is hard while not dying to mobs that fly across the screen and can kill durable builds in seconds. I'd suggest some sort of rework of the target frame, move away from the free standing style PoE's used traditionally (along with D2, D3, TL1&2 and most games), and look for a more intrigrated style similar to the health and Mana orbs, where a corner of the screen holds the last targeted mob (Maybe clinging the highest level or rarity mob over lessers while letting you free target? toggle a few options let players pick from a few options? All sound non-ideal but spitballing is what it is).

So, TL;DR, as a long time causal, I do think its an improvement over preivious rare mobs, but still some edges need polish and tune, but I'm not deep enough to give a clearer impression.
I'm playing a pretty strong build, and not having a hard time in T12+ red maps. But the elemental resist they've given monsters is absolutely STAGGERING.

It's not hard/challenging, it's annoying/time consuming/tedious.

GGG does this thing where they confuse annoying/tedious with challenging. They made these mobs annoying and tedious. It's the video game equivalent of eating my vegetables. That's not what I play ARPG's for.

You know my gripe about the league?

my computer is hardlocking this league, just like in 3.16... so who knows if I'll be able to continue playing. I'll play for an hour or two than my PC hardlocks and I have to manually power off the tower... And after the first one it happens every 5 or less minutes.
[Removed by Support]
fk archnemesis.
i dont get the change, who in gods name remembers all these stupid names of the mods, just call it "CASTING ICE WALL" instead of "King in the North Gigantusaurus Female LeechIceKing"

Jesus, you guys are so boring, why do you ALWAYS take the good stuff, and make some unnecessary changes to it, its like making love, if your partner says just like that, that means JUST LIKE THAT.

ffs
Some of the most common mods provide offensive and defensive bonus and considering a monster with more sustain can survive longer to deal more damage, this can scalate unfair very fast...

I'm playing with ballistas right now and for me, I don't feel is worth my time the increased difficulty. It's faster, better and easier to kill weaker mobs and go on.

The base creature being rare, per se, should be a good challenge, but with one, two or three buffs that increase offensive and defensive stats, this is a big problem.

Another thing, I enjoy a lot Delirium and Metamorph and I'm doing very well atlas 1-5 currently. I just can't kill a single metamorph post act 10... the last one I just picked the lendary organ and all the others being the weakest possible. Even doing this, the metamorph was virtually impossible to kill... damaging only 1% every 30 seconds of fight isn't fun by any means.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info