What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

What's sad is that the actual league mechanic, you know the one that this league is named after, the Sentinels, may actually be a pretty fun thing. Hard to tell though because like hell am I going to further buff the already stupidly overbuffed screen full of rares that are swarming me. The revised 3.17 stuff dropped in to core is overshadowing the actual 3.18 league mechanic.

Can you imagine, multiple beast rares wander on screen with 2-3 archnemesis mods each and get sentinel buffed? Good freakin luck with that if you get unlucky with some hasted mana siphoner bs that's constantly glued to your ass.

How can they miss the mark so badly? Were all the play testers playing nothing but DD in mirror tier gear or something? I'm honestly curious what builds they tested this with. And the builds that got bricked by a rare showing up from off screen with a disabling mod, did they just say "yeah that's cool, ship it"?

At the very least, do not stack other core mechanics and archnemesis. It gets so out of control while leveling up that your best course of action is to skip everything you can until maps (a common problem PoE already had but this just made it much worse). People skipping everything is a sign that the gameplay is not fun or engaging, it's just annoyance. And why is it archnemesis everywhere all the time on everything anyway? Why not just a 1 for 1 replacement of nemesis mobs with archnemesis mobs? Nemesis was fairly rare and from what I recall, didn't stack against other core mechanics like beast rares, or if it did, it was exceedingly rare to the point that I don't remember it actually happening.

Heck, why not do something creative like making the sentinels upgrade monsters with random archnemesis mods when shot, and make that be the only way you get archnemesis rares, but you get the extra reward as well? Put the control back in the player's hands like with 3.17 to some extent. You want hard and more rewards, then push the sentinel button. That would have been really cool. But no, lets just take the boring route of making it an on all the time everywhere thing and narrow the field of viable builds even further than it already was.
Rares like Rejuvenating which disable regen have no place in poe.
As a RF player, this instantly deletes my character and there's nothing i can do about it.

There shouldn't be build breaking mods on rares like no regen/no leech or Immunities either.

No regen/leech and Immunities need to go!
I am by no means a a great player. Would say average. This archnemesis mod implementation has destroyed the game for me. Level 72 and can't do my favorite league mechanics in maps. Rituals fucked. I have to run from rare mobs and hope they don't chase me across the map. My only saving grace is when the boss has it's own area. I have to run away from a rare mob and seek protection from the boss...

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ian_GGG on May 16, 2022, 3:05:00 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i feel like theres way too many of those mods if ur expecting people to know what a monster does when they see the name of the mod. if thats ur idea here thats there some kind of clarity and understanding when people read the text there cant be 754 different modifiers that each do 6 different things. there should be about 12.

Mod naming across the board has been changed for the worse in my opinion. Mod naming used to be perfectly clear as to what a mod did. Now, I have no idea.

On monsters, I no longer even look at the mods. Used to be if I ran into something nasty I'd mouse-over the enemy to check the mods. Doing this now is pointless, barring noting it and looking it up on a website at some point in the future. But, I'm not doing this.

On flasks however, while I don't want to do this, I have to do this. The flask mods used to be clear. Now when I want to use Einhar to add a mod to a flask, I have to use a website to lookup the mods listed in the crafting window. I mean, really?

Wish we could see what archnemesis mods essence monster will have before opening them. Ran into one that duplicated itself with Invulnerable and Consecrator. Any damage I was able to do would just become negated and healed off. Just decided to give up on them and move on. Why is Invulnerable back?

Thankfully I went with a tanky build to league start with and haven't really had issues since getting the gear in place even to 5 essenced monsters except that it feels more like a time sink. Can't imagine trying to experiment with making some weird build or coming in as a new player.

It has been a while since beta but if I recall correctly that wasn't quite as long to kill those magic and rare mobs.

Funny thing is that now the rares feel like the bosses of the maps more than the bosses do.
i just a tipical player in poe
i have capped res (chaos too)
i have 6k ehp
i have boosted skele mages with a huge dps
but i can't kill rare mob in t8 map, he kill all minions (with mega survivality) and killed me
Good job ggg, drop this league, fuck archnemesis, adding archnemesis to the main league pool is a big mistake
Last edited by Mr_Sikasu on May 16, 2022, 3:56:53 PM
[Removed by Support]

You may have been using some freaking OP build to test your stuff and think it will get away with no problems, my real question is:

[Removed by Support]

I'm really wondering cause you CAN'T do SHIT about the news mods if you're not playing a Top meta build, you don't even realize you CAN'T do any league feature, or almost, without being murdered for straight up 6 portals one a foking rare,

You did 2 nerfs, 2 !!!! On litteraly DAY 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of GOD reverse this thing, what the hell are you doing ?

You deleted old mods for a sake of "clarity", just to remember how so hilarious it is now you can't properly be aware of what the fuck they are doing with the new ones, which are still out of this world in terms of powercreep.

You play games for fun or enjoyment, in general, and honestly atm, i don't know anyone enjoying your league, the news rares/magics mods ether ; i was hyped as hell to have some hollidays on the same period of the release but woooooooooowowowo dudes you killed it quicker than i thought.

What an enjoying moment to run a yellow map with good gear, and run into hords of ice prisons, rejuvating, consecrator and mana sipho yeeeeeeeeeah everyone is having BIG, BIG FUN.

But hey, it's fine, fighting an harvest crop is now harder than a feared on steroids, i guess that's what the new uber-uber is right ? So much fun, i'm not even talking about ritual, expedition, blight or even essences that are way to hard, if not impossible, to get down if you're not with a current twink gear mage skellies build right ?

[Removed by Support]

I'd rather do NOTHING than opening POE in that state.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on May 16, 2022, 4:32:29 PM
currently playing a HoT bomber with Inpulsa's for clear.
Works like a charm. Until I meet a rare mob or magic pack with
storm strider or
storm weaver or
or dynamo
or mana siphoner or
Storm Herald

which disables my build completely
Just Revert the rare changes. Its not fun at all.
[Removed by Support]

There's this big quest in making the game more difficult and I don't understand why. There's already SSF, HC and SSFHC (for those masochists with serious issues). If for some reason, some retard thinks the game is still too easy they can always play with a 5-link, or better yet, with a 4-link. They can take a piece of gear off or two. Problem solved. You don't need to piss off 80-90% of your players.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on May 16, 2022, 5:14:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info