What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

these changes are not fun or difficult, they come across as made by someone that badly wants to emulate a souls game in an arpg with a sadistic level of difficulty.

Keep that aspirational crap in your high end boss fights which I will never bother doing.

Some of us just want a relaxed monster grind of normal/magic/rare mobs while going thru acts 1-10 and up till red maps.

These changes basically ruined casual/off meta players trying to do basic content like abyss/delirum/delve/incursion/blight/etc with this horrible profileration of rares with archnemesis mods everywhere.

Cya
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
I had a good laugh at the "rewards" dismissal statement.

These are the same mods that gave us loot explosions on every rare last league.

But this league they barely have more drops than a white mob, and you consider that "on average" better loot. Ridiculous thinking.

It's cute that in the spirit of the Toxic modifier, you also neglected to mention it spews homing chaos balls on death.
Seems like they dont know the only reason archnamesis did well was because of the atlas tree and the amazing loot some mod combinations dropped.

Everything else was shit.

I can give you 3 mods I really hate and a few other others that make the game difficult but are tolerable (not tolerable for the same shiity drops as usual, who cares about a 10 rare items piñata).

Worst mods for me: Consecrator when it made mobs invunarable to ailments.
Invunerable: This mod its a joke and completly unfun, good luck doing blight with this mod.
Mana Siphoner: Even if inside the ring you arent effected, some builds have low to none mana regen or dont use mana flask. Even standing 0.2 seconds on the ring can render them worthless. Combine that with no regen mana maps or no leech and its GGG.
Leaguestart, day 1, engage with new rare monsters: i knew my random league starter character would s*ck, but monsters were too strong most of the time. Using league mechanic? Rewarding? Sure, if u kill them before ragequiet.
I played until act 5 on weekend, but that was enough from the game.

After nerfing rares to 1 mod: killing them was easy in league. Im happy that i dont need to struggle, but it felt a bit too easy.
I tried my last league RF/fire trap Inq. character in standard on a corrupt t16 (60% reduced life regen, chance to beyong monsters, etc) with delirium kirac mod, but it felt easier(i guess) as in 3.17.

Now, i dont mind, if monsters sometimes tankier until i can withstand a few blows, and able to kite them or something, tho i would prefer, if just rares without any extra mechanic, should be easy to manage, they dont drop anything :) But with extra mechanics, which gives more reward, it is in some degree acceptable if a few archnemesis mods are harder for specific builds. I agree with others, that there are some crazy combos, which really hard to handle.

In comparison to Diablo 2, there are less monster variety, so you know their ability well enough arriwing to nightmare and hell. As well most mods too, and the dangerous ones too. Not every monsters are super fast, lesser density, easier to find out, or run away from them. I think the simplier graphic helps too to identify which monster are dangerous for your build.

In poe, a lot of happening, harder to read the mods, and more to memorize, some mod names are not straightforward. There are not 1-2, but many rares can be on screen, auras, packs, etc. They just kill before you realize what happens. Well, many of us dont know most of time why our character died, so it's not the rare rewamp's fault.

Poe: leaving possibly rewarding monsters behind -> loss of currency (map, scarab, other investment, possible drop)
Diablo: leaving monsters behind -> save and exit

In general, i like the idea to simplifier rare monster mods. But they need some more transparency and balance (i started to read the details in this post about mods, but too many, too lazy, and too disgusting some of them, so i stopped reading).

One more thing: Chris stressed in livestream, that they tested this. That point i was sure, there will be something really wrong and ppl would cry (they always cry btw). I am curious, with what builds they tested new monsters/mechanics.

Now, after wasting time write this, i can finally play :D
What do you think is easier and do less damage, any new uber boss or just a random empowered red tier yellow pack? The answer is a bit insane lol
When you have games like Lost Ark doing pretty good, you should make your game more accessible to potential new players not the way around.

I'm in no way a pro or hardcore player, but I do like a challenging game, but as the time goes by, PoE keeps evolving into a convoluted and ridiculous harder game. I know Chris said plenty of times he wants PoE to be a hard game, but this is getting ridiculous.

Getting mobbed by 3 magic mob packs in the same map on the very first campaing maps is no fun, wasting your Sentinels on whites because you don't want to get 1 shot by a rare is no fun, wasting more time killing a juiced+sentinel'ed rare/Unique just to get not a single good drop over and over again, is no fun.

If this is how things are going to be for PoE2, well...
Last edited by CthulhuMaster on May 16, 2022, 1:40:31 PM
Just admit you made a mistake and return the old mods.
These mods are beyond fixing; they were specifically designed to screw a particular set of builds over.
Why did you change the mod system at all?
Archnemesis wasn't fun when it was a league mechanic, but could at least be avoided by not interacting with it (what I did most of the time).
But now as regular mods, that you can no longer avoid, it' more tha anoying.
To me a good mechanic is one, that I can choose to activate, to improve the risk and reward, when I want to, and choose to skip, when I know my character is not ready for it yet.
There is nothing nice about this. You added archnemesis without the rewards. The rares outclass most bosses introducing huge risk, but no reward for it. This is such a bad change. I would not care much if the archnemesis rewards would drop from those mobs, but as they are I bet this decision happened when you were drunk discussing like, "So hey, like, let's add those archnemesis monsters in droves without choice and without payout. And watch the players react to that". Jeez. Also, this change will drive new players away even more. What are you thinking.
Last edited by Pendulu on May 16, 2022, 2:03:11 PM
"
Achromat1969 wrote:
Why did you change the mod system at all?
Archnemesis wasn't fun when it was a league mechanic, but could at least be avoided by not interacting with it (what I did most of the time).
But now as regular mods, that you can no longer avoid, it' more tha anoying.
To me a good mechanic is one, that I can choose to activate, to improve the risk and reward, when I want to, and choose to skip, when I know my character is not ready for it yet.

Exactly and it might be just my imagination but it fells like a lot of mobs can chill/freeze/stun you all the time. And don't get me started with those mobs with a proximity shield+ridiculous AN mods forcing you to tele back town and reset the map because they run faster than Usain Bolt and you just can't leave them behind lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info