What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

Every map is a struggle now, almost my entire guild of 30 people quit first day because they didnt even manage to progress through the acts, are you guys becoming insane? how is this difficulty or mods on rare monsters any fun? We wanna blast through content not hitting 1 monster for several fucking minutes. You should revert the rares back to previous mods because this is a joke. archnemesis mods arent fun, its not rewarding, its rippy af and nobody wants to see it. same with the ice cages/haste buffs they all have every map. or invulnerability? FUN! everyone played alot last league because the patch and atlas tree is fucking amazing, majority of people skipped archnemesis outside of challenges because its fucking stupid, but yeah lets make it core on every monster, also find some proper testers, out of touch with the playerbase EVERY TIME. revert this idiot decision!
First off great league i like sentinel and uber boss. That beeing said there is 3 majors problem with rare/magic monster.

First you need to remove/make a huge sound for on death mecanics like toxic/stormherald... and seriouly stormherald why the hell this spawn on me if i hit a rare 2-3 screen away from me i can't read about it i can't see it!! and you should remove them in my opinion because there is no fun to come in a room kill all mob then doge on death mecanics for the next 10-15 seconds...
If you want to slow game down that's not the way.

Second you need to remove all build stopping mecanins like no mana/life/es regen, no potion, no aura... this will kill build diversity.

Third the only one you actually started to FIX and the least problematic the difficulty for average player is way to high both for damage/defence and don't get me wrong, I have a ton of fun, but I play with 10-12 friends normally each league for at least 2 months and now 8 of them already stopped and told me to let them know when you put back the old mod that where a lot more FUN to play.

On a personal note the old mod description was better in my opinion because the only time you read mod is if you are dead so you have time to read them and the old mod where more fun way less on death mecanic...

Plz remember it took you years to balance rare/magic monster dont throw that away...
Very bad decision, remove Archnemesis mod.
Drop are still shitty but mob are like God now
GGG,
this is just insane. For an occasionally player like me it is not fun anymore. If nothing major changes I am done with this league. Go back to 3.17 on magic and rare mobs.
As much as i like more challenging and longer fights, i don't like being rewarded with 2alchemy shard (if i lucky, else i got just 1), last league we fought monsters with arcnemesis mods and with SIGHTLY increased rewards, now we fight the same monsters, but with NO rewards, i hope you guys realizing what is the problem with this

And its hard to get new players or even keep the currently if they cant even make to maps or barely can make a T1 because a rare monster is MUCH stronger than the map boss

At last there is metamorph, currently metamorph is khm not good, made metamorph with curently rare modifiers and sentinel mod is stronger than a freaking uber boss and drops literally nothing.

Hope you guys drastically increase the rewards of this, or drastically decrease the difficulty (and please do not swap this too like you did now :D)
its greathe, but, you pass little hard in the first act with 8 rare with aura stakers xD the rare minions hit hard than every boss act
yeah gotta chip in - mobs too strong, rewards too bad, half end game content unplayable. Not a great direction
I can understand that some people have trouble with these mods, maybe newer players or players that play less hours during the day and therefore cannot get better gear that easy.

Within my friend group we struggle more than usual as well. I'd say it's not that bad as some people say, because we are playing variety of builds and everything is quite okay most of the time. Sometimes there is an overboosted mob that is like a raid boss but it can be prevented or you can just walk around and not kill it.

With that said I still think this new modifier system needs tweaking. I agree with all the people saying that immunity breaks diversity of builds. I know that you can sometimes just skip the pack, but if it is let's say a league mechanic, you usually don't want to do that. Maybe if the immunity was just for a second with a cooldown for a few seconds (like with the invincible mod).

Also some combinations of mods are terrible, I am playing a build that has good dps for this day of the league and I melt uniques and bosses but some rare mobs or even blue mobs take minutes to kill.

Another thing I noticed is higher occurance of degen grounds of different kinds. Degen has been the most dangerous things for most builds I played, but this league it feels like there are not enough mechanics to effectively reduce all of the degen grounds. I have corrupting blood immunity, poison immunity, less ignite duration and it still feels like there are degens more often.

And lastly, effigy modifier is just awful to come across. In some builds where you can't control the damage (minions, dot builds when you already applied dot) you just die if your dps is high enough because you won't be able to run that fast. It's also a lot harder to notice than the ele/phys reflect mobs that we had in the past in my opinion.
The last league was my first to go 40/40, and without significant changes, it looks like I’m going 4/40 this one. I can’t see struggling this much as being fun, which is kind of the point of playing a game.
remove archnemesis pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info