What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

I wondered what everybody was talking about, my campaigning was going rather smoothly.

Then I hate tier 1 maps, and suddenly I started getting one-shot.
"Alright, time to get better gear", one might say.

Yet even after getting gear that I would feel confident with in any previous league, I still use nearly all portals on my tier 1-5 maps, a vast difference from previous leagues.

I wouldn't mind if the difficulty ramped up fast in higher tier maps, but I cannot comfortably run lower tier to even start thinking about going higher.

TL;DR: the jump in difficulty from campaign to tier 1 maps is far too large in my opinion.
Could you please, maybe, just roll this whole thing back? I didn't care for the modifiers in Archnemesis, and now they are made permanent with little care to how it will affect the game... forever. It makes it more like Diablo 3, back when it was both actually hard and not rewarding, and had no Loot 2.0. It makes it take longer to kill rares but not in an engaging or fun way, because the incentive is to skip them. It forces players to memorize the keywords of affixes because only certain ones make it obvious what they actually do any more. Most new mods are actually worse than old modifiers, even the volatiles and storm chaser dudes!

This clearly needed more time in the oven - and I'm not sure it received any whatsoever - so honestly pulling the plug on the whole thing would be a pretty great idea. Otherwise I shudder to think how many more "what's next" posts we're going to get, cramming this down our throats, which never end up getting this right, until it's swept under the rug and ignored as the new normal.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Most of the mods are fine, and I love the challenge.

But I just lost *two* characters (hardcore here) to Magma Barrier and its chasing Fire Volatiles, they do massive damage even with 80% resist and pretty high armor (tooltip said 89% for my level). These floating fire volatiles are pretty fast to dodge all of them, when a bunch of stuff is going on at once.

What kind of damage is it anyway?...
i am so sad and frustrated , came back after 4 league played and enjoyed Archnemesis league where i had the full control and enjoy the content new atlas tree etc.

i was so hype about sentinel and now i have to consider leaving this league again, why ggg have to do something always to kill the fun of the game? why cannot test it better before releasing ?

i would have even considered any previous league remake rather then this sentinel bullshit league, its like i am here to entertain the monsters. managed to finish the acts and thought maybe i have crap gears and low res thats why its happening then i find out that all the archnemesis league monsters with multiplied mods and buffed killing me in one shoot fixed res put more armour etc did everything i could do but no chance against those monsters.

archnemesis league we had the option to choose whether to buff the monsters or not or which one we can and which one we skip but this league is made for monsters hugely buffed against player base.

who have tested this game? which build they were running i m very curious to know. for now i rest in peace.

the game is suppose to be fun relaxing with friends and in party.
it seems a mess which cannot be undone.

say harder the mods and monsters greater the reward chromatic orb armour quality flask quality great drops dream come true.

GGG never listen the main player based who actually play this game and donate buy mtx contribute.

had to kill their fun and laugh and enjoy.

ggg you know it is time to reconsider when even the best streamers give up and reroll into a super OP meta build.
"
List of Current Rare Monster Modifiers (before the balance pass being done over the next few days)

can we also have how mush each increase the quantity and rarity of the drop ?

(and i hope it is "more quantity" and not "increase quantity", because each mod multiply the difficulty, so it should also multiply the reward)
Last edited by GKPlight on May 15, 2022, 5:59:12 PM
Still getting stunlocked by some of these new modded creatures despite being "immune to stun" - am I wrong or wasn't there supposed to be a global cooldown on stunlocking?

It's getting really irritating to run into a pack with one of these mods with my stun-immune characters and just getting interrupted continually until they manage to wear down my defenses. Doesn't seem to matter the build, the new mods have ABSOLUTE immunity to certain elements/damage, ailments, etc meanwhile our "immune to" is being completely ignore by some of the monsters with these archnemesis mods.....

Remove Archnemesis mods from core. use a mechanic where we can opt in. This was a terrible implementation.
the casuals cry and the company has to nerf, name a more iconic duo. I waited with playing the new league to see what happens, but it seems any challenge gets removed as soon as people cry. like Zizaran said, the difficulty is fine.
Talking as a Standard endgame player, I think the most critical ones are those that, when you have a well geared build, do not allow you to kill smoothly all the mobs in the map (excluding the boss). Some such as Mana drain, ailments immunity, 100% prob. stun hits and 4.5 sec of invulnerability. I mean, all those mods that are "insurmountable" regardless of the progression of the build, leveling and getting better gear.
thanks for the consideration

i understand what you/ggg are trying to do but i am flabbergasted that you guys actually did it.

there was a time bloodmagic was a map mod. it was a hard counter to most builds and using bloodmagic in most cases were really sub optimal as auras was simply too good to forsake.

remember what you guys did? you removed blood magic from the map mod pool. most of us were happy with it.

players who dont care about xp, alc and go. but the ones who do would purposely roll maps with mods that they could handle.

some of your nemesis mods are stuff that players would have avoided to begin with, but unlike map mods, it is forced upon us. you have robbed players the ability to choose content that we want to see which is bloody ironic considering that you allowed us to block league mechanics and even block/prioritize maps.

i am very thankful for your swift action in addressing the issue, with such speed and transparency.

i am not a fan of the new league and uber bosses but i appreciate all the other things you guys have done for the game. i know a lot of negative feedback was given by players. myself included, but i guess it is out of care. a lot of us love your game. i myself came back to poe after hard ragequiting a few leagues ago.

do not be disheartened. strive on to improve the game!
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info