What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

By the way, lost the lab due to a crash.

Skipping the league again guys. You don't deserve players anymore.
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
Describers are plain shit (both defense, offense or else). Just a little testing might have shown you that obviously (temporal buble protection from outside ? rofl I guess ice spear from a full/half screen away is "inside" the non displayed area then ?).
Crystal skin do NOT work at all like described. And so on.

Remove all the *^^$ù=. That league (archnemesis) like previous ones was a mistake, just like sentinels is and will also go void. No depth. Bring us back synthesis mecanics (and lore and hipe).

Edit : my ranking posted after seeing league teaser :
----------
- fun and mecanics : 1/10
- balancing : 1/10
- QoL features : 2/10
- dev strategy/integration into poe's future probability : 1/10
- solo Vs team playing balance : 2/10 ?
- business model news : 0/10

summary : 7/60.
----------

well, to bad I missed about balancing, but negative values are not allowed lol.

Don't forget to say about the crashes and disconnects. I'm skipping the league again.
It feels like there's still a hefty power problem, but in part I'm actually quite enjoying some of the Archnemesis mod experience now. Some of the time it's actually pretty fun. A small amount of the time it's really fun.

It feels like more mods should be on rares only; I'm looking at you, Toxic. When a massive pack dies piecemeal (levelling) it's a lot of dodging or, if busy as usual, death. More tiresome than problematic, but I'm not playing hardcore. And either Storm Strider or Heralding Minions (forget which, blue proximity beacons/totems) is a bit too harsh.

Still feels like rares and magic mobs are either about 50% too common per minute of gameplay (bearing in mind normal mobs die quickly), or about 50% too powerful. Fighting 2-3 archnemesis rares at once is common, they're nigh on a pack, and it's pack after pack of distinct magic mobs, often mixed with rares. Easier as I level, despite climbing map tiers and poor gear, which suggests imbalances at different progression points.

Blight is lethal, even the first tutorial round, shame. Harvest was massively rippy before so no change. Torment is painful. Essences are borderline. I'm avoiding Ritual, Incursion, Abyss, Breach for now.

All this has made the whole experience a lot more twitch, which is tiring on the fingers. Levelling traps versus essences I'm trap and flask pianoing heavily.
I personally really enjoyed the new modifiers, crybabys got it nerfed to the ground already leaving me without much interest in the league as the sentinel thing is simply underwhelming. Was a great league for changes not so much the mechanic but now nerfed horribly because zoom zoomers cannot build defense layers to save their life.
PLEASE DO NOT NERF THE LEAGUE MECHANIC.
YOU DO IT EVERY LEAGUE, WHEN PEOPLE START CRYING.

The league is so freaking fun right now, cause its accually hard.
Running a somewhat squishier witch here - self-cast Trinity + Unleash + Eye of Winter/Ball Lightning/Firestorm. A few really noticeable issues with the Archnem mods leaving optional content and going mainstream:

1) Elemental Ailments + Stun. Almost as often as not, Rare monsters are immune to freeze/stun, keeping me from effectively controlling them (and incoming damage). Also, they very often hit me with the same, leaving me with max strength Shock + Chill (yes, flasks exist, can't keep them filled enough to consistently remove effects). (Definitely Related - the changes to Elemental Ailment prevalance have really hurt Chaos Innoculation; they all hit at max potency. Any chance of a source of ES-based ailment calculations?)

2) Monsters responding to hits with automatic effects - Sentinel, Corruptor, and Frost/Flame/Storm Strider: All 3 of my primary attacks hit multiple times per second - even before they go off four additional times with unleash, meaning that these retalatory effects are going off on-cooldown (and sometimes simultanously, if I hit 2 of these monsters in the same tick). Feels like I'm spending far more of my time dodging self-inflicted bullet hells than firing in dense areas (or just dying to the instant 10 stacks of corrupted blood when my flasks are out).Storm Strider is extra bad in this respect; Lightning Mirage was the primary reason I avoided Nemesis maps before this patch (and now MAGIC monsters have it, so it's *everywhere*). This is extra noticeable with Unleash; I'm rooted for a second or two while my spells trigger, and very vulnerable to "automatic" return fire.

3) Auras. The very fastest way for a monster pack to become extremely dangerous is for either a +speed or +damage aura monster to spawn in, and those auras went from "uncommon" to "almost ubiquitous". I see a +speed aura monster almost every other screen now, and, now that I'm in late campaign, it's getting close to that frequency with the +damage aura too. Invulnerable Minions is also very bad, as it prevents clearing trash mobs to get a clear shot at the Rare (or to clear enough damage sources off the field so I can pause long enough to *cast* my spells). I'm very glad all of my chosen spells have 100% pierce, otherwise I'd have issues even damaging the Invulnerable monster.

And the real kicker(s) -
4) Effigy. Again, I'm running a squishier build that survives by freezing monsters and manually dodging incoming projectiles. As soon as an Effigy monster shows up? Almost-instant kill, as I can no longer avoid damage. I can't even escape the area fast enough, as the link range is at least a screen.

(Bonus from previous league, when I ran a RF/Scorching Ray Inquisitor)
5) Rejuvenating. I at least had the luxury of being able to turn off RF to slowly kill the monster with Scorching Ray (and pray it couldn't kill my entirely regen-based build during the no-recovery phases); not all RF builds have an alternate attack to even damage the monster with.

I haven't even encountered some of the extremely dangerous/frustrating mods + combos that I triggered in Archnem league, and I'm really not looking forward to them showing up:

Invulnerable + Arcane Buffer - If you can't do more than 50% (or w/e the %HP as ES is) of the monster's HP in 4.5s, you can't kill it at all.

Trickster - Not even worth pursuing. It can keep its loot. (ran a single one for the challenge; not even remotely worth it, loot-wise.)

Ice Prison + Heralding Minions or Storm Strider (brine king recipe, so painful) - Getting locked in with high-damage elemental effects killed me more times than I can count. At least Ice Prison doesn't stop movement skills anymore.

Treent Horde - Extremely dangerous, and was only worth running for the extremely lucrative reward. (Very high-damage minions applying stacks of Vines on hit with an almost-unnoticable mine. I had to kite this mod on a build that could face-tank both new Pinnacle bosses)

Evocationist + Steel Infused - The +elemental damage scales off of the monster's physical damage, so it does +40% physical *AND* elemental damage - all of which Chills/Shocks/Ignites.

And my fave "oops" archnem:
Hasted/Frenzy/Berzerker - Doesn't matter what the monster is, attacks 30-40 times per second at low HP... and runs so fast it can't be escaped. (Accidentally made on a Wendigo; nicknamed "The Face Shredderer")

Those aside, Archnem mods *are* fun - or rather, were, when they could be opted-into for specific, targetable rewards (plus the fun of setting up and (hopefully) overcoming a (mostly-)predictable challenge). I'm actually kinda sad that Archnem shrines weren't added as another map option / bonus content roll.
Lol "extensive testing"
Lol "Chris vision"
I can't wait to hear more bs from GGG
Thank god i dodged this league and saved my sanity
Effigy is a complete non-interactive death sentence. Almost no one is reflect immune to both phys and ele early game or anywhere in the league except on purpose for HoGM and it's basically instant death otherwise if it's near a magic pack with any damage mods. This one should be removed or only based on the players damage so it can built around to some extent.
The cold snap ability from Archnemesis monsters is incredibly painful for melee builds. The rapidity with which they're able to cast it (covering a wide area in a short amount of time) combined with its high damage and unmitigatability (Does obscene damage even at 75-80 cold res) makes it a mechanic that is not only hard to avoid but insanely punishing for anyone that tries to engage at close range.
It is also insanely important that the developers understand that this game is not a 'reading' game. You have to have a blanket response to everything, there is no case-by-case basis here for rare monsters. there's dozens of mods that can all kill you almost instantly, if you have to be specifically looking for something to notice it happening, or read the monster's modifiers, not only will the Eye strain be insane, but nobody will want to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info