[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

Close to getting to the first Sirius. Most T16 maps are going OK, but can't juice them too much, and some bosses are pains.

Most rips are me being greedy with casts or bad habits from last season's earthshatter jugg. Also getting higher chaos res is starting to feel imperative; chaos tears this build up.

Wondering if anyone has their eyes on specific alt. gems? The obvious pick looks like phantasmal CL with cast speed. Added cold dmg with cast speed looks spicy too.
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
"
xentaros wrote:
is there any unique chest options we can explore before crafting? i was thinking of getting a high es splendour and rolling with the punches from there

The Covenant Spidersilk Robe 6-link is going for around 12-15 chaos and that is a steal. You can spam spark and get the extra chaos damage.

I’ve played with The Covenant quite a bit last league. I dropped it only because I had too many unique pieces of gear and needed something with resists. That’s the part of the gear balance I had the most problem with before. If you can get capped then go for it.
What if I wanted to skip CL and have a trap as my boss DPS. Would I go shaper gloves with trap and mine damage and then use lightning trap? If so what is the best support for traps? Also how would I utilize my 6 link for auras or buffs?
OP do you know how manump had glancing blows socketed seperately considering he had a very large thread of hope
Continuing my first playthrough with this build, I'm now level 40 at Act 4. I started having some survivability issues in level 30+ heists and I'm also struggling to find gear with matching links as shown in the OP per act. I check the vendors and spend probably more time than I should at deciding if I want the random drops or not. Any tips would be appreciated!
Last edited by FallenScribe on Sep 26, 2020, 3:11:14 PM
"
FallenScribe wrote:
Continuing my first playthrough with this build, I'm now level 40 at Act 4. I started having some survivability issues in level 30+ heists and I'm also struggling to find gear with matching links as shown in the OP per act. I check the vendors and spend probably more time than I should at deciding if I want the random drops or not. Any tips would be appreciated!

At the top of the post I added a link to my loot filter I use for leveling. It will ID helpful leveling gear in some funky colors. That may help you scoot past less helpful loot faster.

Depending on the day you did heists, the difficulty may have changed. Early heists had some balance issues so I wouldn't base "heists" off of things before this last Wednesday. I had survivability issues myself through Level 75, so... it's part the heists, partly the gear, and partly learning to play better.

The venders update one or twice per act so there's no need to check them after every zone. They also remember what they showed you in past sessions so don't get fooled into thinking they have something new and cool.

One cool trick I learned early is to pick up all loot with socketed R-B-G links and resell it at a vender. They will give you a chromatic orb, which will let you reroll the colors on something you have. This can be helpful if you have a nice piece of gear and need the colors different. Also be aware how gear tends to roll colors; Int rolls Blue, Str rolls red, and Dex rolls green. If the item requirement has only one of those stats, it is most likely to roll links of that color. So if you need a B-B-B-R, you can get an Int pure or Int & Str item to roll that with few tries. You can almost guarantee that a pure Int 4 link item will not roll 3+ green sockets.
"
xentaros wrote:
OP do you know how manump had glancing blows socketed seperately considering he had a very large thread of hope

In 3.11 Glancing Blows was in a slightly different position than it is now. The old position required a very large ToH. I think it requires Large now, but I haven't checked. The very large ToH in 3.11 also allowed for the build to get +1 brands and some other good damage from the ToH. Now, not so much.

I am not playing ToH right now.
Hey first of all thanks for the build. I quite enjoyed leveling so far.
Damage is really good. But i keep struggling with my sustain. I just started doing t3-5 maps but i have a really hard time surviving :/
Heya, this is my league starter and loving it so far!

Now i'm wondering about the helmet enchant, I got 40% CL damage on Inward helmet on my first ulab run...
Dunno if id sell it, or keep it. Haven't decided yet on the CL (im using 5-link Duskdawn and 6-link rare chest for Spark)

Any thoughts?
Hi, i used this guide for my leaguestarter this league but for some reason i really struggle against the first conquerer fights. can someone take a quick look and help me see why i get 1shot and deal 0 dmg.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darkflake/characters?characterName=donnerwetternocheinmal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info