[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

In THEORY, its roughly the same, but if you want to get more out of your atziri's due to conversion i think the non-rep version is better
1st Thanks for your efforts with the build.
I was wondering which Helm Enchant I should go after, I got the '2 extra Sparks' one but not certain if it's the best one before I upgrade to the '3 sparks one'

Also I'm a bit worried about survivability, at lvl 77 (with a Tabula) I sit with just under 3K live and under 1K ES, have to say I need to upgrade gear, but what should I look to prioritize (Armour/Live/ES/Evation)?
KIELKODE
"
KIELBLOCK wrote:
1st Thanks for your efforts with the build.
I was wondering which Helm Enchant I should go after, I got the '2 extra Sparks' one but not certain if it's the best one before I upgrade to the '3 sparks one'

Also I'm a bit worried about survivability, at lvl 77 (with a Tabula) I sit with just under 3K live and under 1K ES, have to say I need to upgrade gear, but what should I look to prioritize (Armour/Live/ES/Evation)?

Lucky — I never get both a helm I like and a relevant enchant. 2 extra sparks is a good one but up to you how high you want to go. The lvl 100 build this is modeled from used the extra sparks enchant so it probably the right choice.

Discipline is giving our ES a boost so I tend To build towards ES gear. I try to balance resistance capping, ES, and life as my 3 priority stats. Our ascendencies allows for regen of our ES on consecrated ground so that’s another reason to go towards ES.
So this is the most active thread for Crackling Lance Inquisitor (unless there's one I'm missing!), so apologies for going all CL here and no Spark. I've been trying to go pure CL and just hit red maps.

Wondering if anyone has landed on 6Ls for CL yet. I'm currently rolling with:

Inspiration - Spell Echo - Intensify - Controlled Destruction - Added Cold

I've seen some people use Hypothermia, Added Lightning, Faster Cast instead of Spell Echo, Increased Crit... I've probably swapped in all at some point and it changes up the feel a bit, but nothing has felt 100% optimal to me yet!

(Sidebar on Spell Echo v. Faster Cast: I definitely think Spell Echo starts to feel better when your cast per second of CL is sitting in the 5-6 range. But that could be a personal preference.)

I'm starting to wonder if the endgame for CL is to stack cast speed with jewels/gear/Onslaught/Frenzy and then drop spell echo/faster cast altogether for more damage ... but not sure on that one!

All in all:
- CL is probably my favorite casting skill to date. SO SATISFYING
- I really want to make a big ol sigil of power work, but the investment is looking crazier by the day.
- Not sure from a sheet DPS standpoint, but going off feel -- cast speed is KING with CL.
"
brochata wrote:
So this is the most active thread for Crackling Lance Inquisitor (unless there's one I'm missing!), so apologies for going all CL here and no Spark. I've been trying to go pure CL and just hit red maps.

Wondering if anyone has landed on 6Ls for CL yet. I'm currently rolling with:

Inspiration - Spell Echo - Intensify - Controlled Destruction - Added Cold

I've seen some people use Hypothermia, Added Lightning, Faster Cast instead of Spell Echo, Increased Crit... I've probably swapped in all at some point and it changes up the feel a bit, but nothing has felt 100% optimal to me yet!

(Sidebar on Spell Echo v. Faster Cast: I definitely think Spell Echo starts to feel better when your cast per second of CL is sitting in the 5-6 range. But that could be a personal preference.)

I'm starting to wonder if the endgame for CL is to stack cast speed with jewels/gear/Onslaught/Frenzy and then drop spell echo/faster cast altogether for more damage ... but not sure on that one!

All in all:
- CL is probably my favorite casting skill to date. SO SATISFYING
- I really want to make a big ol sigil of power work, but the investment is looking crazier by the day.
- Not sure from a sheet DPS standpoint, but going off feel -- cast speed is KING with CL.

This is a good place to post about CL so thank you for sharing! I'm glad to hear it is working for you in red maps as it got a lot of bad publicity this past week and discouraged playing it.

I just got a 6L for CL but am color locked so I'm using:
CL - Spell Echo - Added Cold - Arcane Surge (lvl 10) - Added Lightning - Faster Casting

I like your choice of inspiration and that was one of the skills I started with earlier. The PoB calcs didn't like inspiration so I moved to other supports earlier.

I agree that cast speed is KING with CL and I've been working on speeding that up as much as I feel I can. I think you're onto something with using other jewels to juice up the speed for end game.

Spark was definitely a safety net for my build and I find myself casting it 50/50 with CL. I made an earlier reply here somewhere, but they're really two different tools that compliment each other, IMO. I love being able to reach out and touch someone with CL but also the large clear spread / speed of Spark.

Thank you for sharing and don't hesitate to share ideas / insight you have. I will eventually have to break this build into two for a Spark / SB "starter" build and a more advanced CL / Spark X "advanced" build.
hey, is there a reason on the POB the "full nodes" tree has only allocated 101 out of 121? i usually get to around 90 or so on most characters so not sure what else the extra points should be invested in, and also do we not use cluster jewels with this build?

thanks!
"
jimmate wrote:
hey, is there a reason on the POB the "full nodes" tree has only allocated 101 out of 121? i usually get to around 90 or so on most characters so not sure what else the extra points should be invested in, and also do we not use cluster jewels with this build?

thanks!

Unfortunately my focus on the guide was towards level 75 and below, but I have some of your answers. This is a section of the build I have not worked on a ton so I am open to ideas and insight.

Some passives are unallocated to fit your personal flavor, but in reality, it's best to put them into your cluster jewels.

If you look at the "final gear" section in PoB you can see the cluster jewels used. Look for Snowstorm, Disorienting Display, and Overshock (or the best combination possible) in your large jewel. Eye to Eye, Aerodynamics, and Streamlined in Medium. These are focused on helping Spark. I haven't done the work to see what makes best sense for Crackling Lance. Based on needing casting speed, small passives granting casting speed would be smart in addition to granting elemental damage.
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
jimmate wrote:

thanks!

Unfortunately my focus on the guide was towards level 75 and below, but I have some of your answers. This is a section of the build I have not worked on a ton so I am open to ideas and insight.

Some passives are unallocated to fit your personal flavor, but in reality, it's best to put them into your cluster jewels.

If you look at the "final gear" section in PoB you can see the cluster jewels used. Look for Snowstorm, Disorienting Display, and Overshock (or the best combination possible) in your large jewel. Eye to Eye, Aerodynamics, and Streamlined in Medium. These are focused on helping Spark. I haven't done the work to see what makes best sense for Crackling Lance. Based on needing casting speed, small passives granting casting speed would be smart in addition to granting elemental damage.

aha right you are, i'm not quite sure how i missed it but i see the cluster jewel now, must've looked at it a bunch of times but it just hadn't registered haha.

and is glancing blows & tireless still worth getting? i know POB is a pain in the ass with thread of hope so i'm not sure what's allocated from the jewel instead of going there naturally like is shown at level 75

as going from the level 75 page to the full nodes page respecs quite a few things, thanks again.
Hi, hc viable? or freezing pulse or frostbolt better?
"
rostik666 wrote:
Hi, hc viable? or freezing pulse or frostbolt better?

Unfortunately I have no faith in HC for totally unrelated reasons. I just get too much lag / low frame moments to be comfortable with any build in HC, so I've never tried it.

I have seen similar builds be labeled as HC viable but I can't tell you one way or the other. I had no problems until around Act 8 when it felt a little too squishy. It would take a more talented player than myself doing a bit more focus on their gear than I do while leveling.

I have heard that Spark tends to screw with some people's GPUs (there's a lot of things that happen with so many bolts out there) and that may increased the number of problematic encounters you have.

This doesn't answer your question, but I didn't want to leave you with a /shrug type answer. I guess if I had to play HC I would start here, but that's because I know how to play it more than anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info