[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
mumyea wrote:
Hey Im new at the game and its my first season. This build is my first build I can say. Problem is, I copied pastebin link to PoB community fork and it doesn't work. Today I can't find passive skill tree in web page. Can you add passive skill tree to the page again please?

Hey — I recently split this post. You’ll want to follow this post for what you need:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2953709

It’ll let me keep Q&A for that specific build focused.
"
brochata wrote:
Alright! A5 sirius is down, cortex done, next up is uber elder. I am loving CL and Sigil of Power, but what I've found is that CL loves alt. gems.

LONG POST INCOMING - MAYBE ONLY OF INTEREST TO CRACKLING LANCE HEADS

So here's my official 3-tier rankings based off HBO's Succession:

Kendall tier (ESSENTIAL)
Phantasmal Crackling Lance: Gives you 10% cast speed, build loves cast speed. Even at 15-20 chaos this is a steal.

Phantasmal Sigil of Power: 20% spell damage and gets rid of the mana cost bump. This gem is what made me fall in love with the sigil. Most times we're not seeing the third or fourth stage of Sigil, so getting an immediate spell boost is awesome. Plus, getting rid of the mana penalty means we can keep blasting longer.

Shiv tier (All help the build, but not build defining)
Anomalous Added Cold Damage: Again, this gives us 10% cast speed, but we're actually giving something up with the ice damage boost. I think we still come out way ahead, but not as much a no brainer as the CL gem.

Divergent Vitality: This is the most expensive gem I've tried, and I'll admit it's a luxury. But still, if you're using this aura, this is just a straight up free 20% damage boost.

Anomalous Zealtotry: If you can't justify Vitality, this is a great back-up. A free 5% multiplier, what's not to like?

Divergent Inspiration: 10% reduced mana cost shaves about 5 off CL, which I take as more of a QOL upgrade, since if I forget to pop a mana flask, it will pump out a bit more damage.

Roman tier (Expensive, unnecessary, but I still want)
Anomalous CWDT: This gives 20% duration, but is also 40c at the moment. Only for the most absurdly rich.

Anomalous Inspiration: This one is like 50c, but adds 20% crit chance. I would love this on Orb of Storms to churn out more crits, but OoS is already doing its job, and the slight upgrade here can't be justified by the price... yet.

Divergent Increased Area of Effect: 10% more AOE, I use this on Sigil, and more AOE is better, but can't justify 20c for something I wouldn't notice. But will def. buy.

Connor tier (Neglected, ignored)
Orb of Storms: There's a few tasty variations, will get around to trying!

Ice Bite Support: There's some nice upgrades, but I don't think I would even notice whatever help it would give me.

Intensify: There's 3 different ones, 2 seem helpful, but the base version hooks it up with area damage, so meh!

This is great info. Are you using the build in this thread or running something else?
"
Taopaipai wrote:
x

"
BuggyPie wrote:
x

"
Cryogeni wrote:
x

"
eLbotz wrote:
x

"
SakTapNinja wrote:
x

"
bodryibomj wrote:
x

"
Kargastan wrote:
x

"
x

"
Nico89 wrote:
x

"
JorDag wrote:
x

"
Dtrei wrote:
x

"
Tabofren wrote:
x

"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
x

"
gvarph wrote:
x

"
Rbn192 wrote:
x

"
GosuSausage wrote:
x

"
achmedclaus wrote:
x

"
OGFire wrote:
x

"
x

"
Janitsu wrote:
x

"
Benzoboy_ye wrote:
x

"
Wichurin wrote:
x

"
burdd wrote:
x

"
brochata wrote:
x

"
FallenScribe wrote:
x

"
Trev0413 wrote:
x

"
zrenda94 wrote:
x

"
x

"
ROGERMICHAEL wrote:
x

"
TheChrisLam wrote:
x

"
Milkbread wrote:
x

"
xentaros wrote:
x

"
sipress wrote:
x

"
abexandre wrote:
x

"
RancidPanda wrote:
x

"
jimmate wrote:
x

"
rostik666 wrote:
x

"
UglyManeZenny wrote:
x

"
wacja wrote:
x

"
darkflake wrote:
x

"
Silvano13 wrote:
x

"
NemesisCW wrote:
x

"
mumyea wrote:
x

Just giving everyone who commented on this build a heads up that the split occurred between the original Spark / SB and Spark / CL build.

This thread will remain the Spark / CL thread.

The following is the SB build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2953709
Last edited by Scary3074 on Sep 29, 2020, 2:27:51 PM
"
MemoMadness wrote:

This is great info. Are you using the build in this thread or running something else?

I started with the Spark/CL build, but just loved crackling lance too much and went all in on it. Wherever I eneded up, my build still embraces the lightning/cold conversion base, but went a different direction from Spark, mainly using Orb of Storms for clear/buffs and Sigil of Power for DPS spikes.

Looking back at it now, I think where I've landed is a bit tooooo far from this build to keep running my mouth though, lol.
I started with the Spark/CL build, but just loved crackling lance too much and went all in on it. Wherever I eneded up, my build still embraces the lightning/cold conversion base, but went a different direction from Spark, mainly using Orb of Storms for clear/buffs and Sigil of Power for DPS spikes.

Looking back at it now, I think where I've landed is a bit tooooo far from this build to keep running my mouth though, lol.[/quote]

I am enjoying the two alternate version skills you've added and Sigil of Power is growing on me a bit. I'm in early yellow maps but am doing some silly things with CL already.

Regardless, it's fun.
"
brochata wrote:

Looking back at it now, I think where I've landed is a bit tooooo far from this build to keep running my mouth though, lol.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but here's an interesting read on Intensify + CL:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940991

Looking over poe.ninja builds for Inq CL, all are using intensify support. I'm not totally sure what to make of it yet.
Great build!

I'm following this guide and got most of the items already, just got enlight lvl 3 but my mana reserved is at 99%.I can't throw any skill if using zeal + disc + herald hahaha.

Any thoughts on how to get less mana reserved? By nodes or items? I'm with longshot on amulet, could anoint with champion for less 4% overall but I think it's not enough.
"
Great build!

I'm following this guide and got most of the items already, just got enlight lvl 3 but my mana reserved is at 99%.I can't throw any skill if using zeal + disc + herald hahaha.

Any thoughts on how to get less mana reserved? By nodes or items? I'm with longshot on amulet, could anoint with champion for less 4% overall but I think it's not enough.

I picked up the node for less mana reserved by HoI and have just been doing HoI / Zeal so far. I haven't gotten my mana reserves to a point where I can play Discipline too.

If you like CL, you may want to anoint Intensify instead. If you are focusing more on Spark, Longshot is great.

There is an amulet that lets one of the aura have no mana reserved but you'd have to place Choir of the Storms, and I don't think that's worth it. The 3.11 Watcher's Eye would allow for reserved reduction as well but now... not so much.

There's some other tricks to do mana sustain. I like / use a +# Mana on kill and basically ditched my mana flask altogether. You just have to be careful in boss fights if you're not killing minions as well. I believe my mana regen rate is high as well.

I have some support gems that reduce the cost of casting (CL in particular) and that has really helped my mana sustain.

Those are all things to look at.
"
Scary3074 wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but here's an interesting read on Intensify + CL:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940991

Looking over poe.ninja builds for Inq CL, all are using intensify support. I'm not totally sure what to make of it yet.

That thread is a little concerning!

From a gut level, something has felt a little off with the gems and CL! I've been juggling them pretty much nonstop, and this might explain how nothing has felt super optimal.

So far, I beat A5 Sirius w/o spell echo and A7 w/spell echo... spell echo felt a little bit better... A7 Drox also went down a little quicker using Spell Echo. All that was with intensify... I'm going to map for a bit w/o intensify to see how it feels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info