[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
Scary3074 wrote:

Spark was definitely a safety net for my build and I find myself casting it 50/50 with CL. I made an earlier reply here somewhere, but they're really two different tools that compliment each other, IMO. I love being able to reach out and touch someone with CL but also the large clear spread / speed of Spark.

Thank you for sharing and don't hesitate to share ideas / insight you have. I will eventually have to break this build into two for a Spark / SB "starter" build and a more advanced CL / Spark X "advanced" build.

I think starting up a CL specific thread would be great! This one really feels like a skill that's been misunderstood, but has lots of potential.

I've been using a Orb of Storms (ice bite/power charge crits) instead of Spark. I had been trying assassins mark for power charges, but self-casting that feels soooo, so, so bad.

I actually think sigil of power won me over today. Linked with a lvl 13 arcane surge it's become a solid boss button. Plus it looks beautiful! The one thing about that skill is it DEMANDS an enduring mana flask, but if you get cast speed+, it doesn't feel too bad. A big sigil is a lot of fun to navigate. Much like the lance itself, sigil looks so dumb out-of-the box, but with some AOE and duration love, it just might win me over.

I also saw a video with frost shield on the CWDT links, and that's been fun. You're dropping domes and orbs on your sigil and it's a very pleasing feeling. I am worried about sirius, because his area control game is pretty, pretty good.

Other random thoughts:

- CL loves Atziri's Promise, easiest 1C DPS boost in the game. I put off buying this, which was stupid.
- I've been neglecting block big time, and think the block/dps push/pull will be part of figuring the staff version of this build out.
- The Lance is not a slot-and-go skill and DEFINITELY has some awkward levels, where it feels like a channeling skill w/o any channel bonuses. It's the ugly duckling that could just turn out to be a great big laser-shooting boss-melting swan. We'll see!
Hey, im struggling with some issue, got Winds of Change R-R-R-B CWDT(1)-Incresed Duration-Immortal Call(3)-Summon Lightning Golem(3). When CWDT is attached in i cant use Immortal Call and Golem. They're disabled instantly. Can u explain what is happening ? Maybe i should lvl up CWDT ?
"
Hey, im struggling with some issue, got Winds of Change R-R-R-B CWDT(1)-Incresed Duration-Immortal Call(3)-Summon Lightning Golem(3). When CWDT is attached in i cant use Immortal Call and Golem. They're disabled instantly. Can u explain what is happening ? Maybe i should lvl up CWDT ?

you can't use skills attached to CWDT (cast when damage taken).. they are cast automatically when you take a certain amount of damage
Last edited by jimmate on Sep 24, 2020, 1:51:46 PM
"
jimmate wrote:
"

you can't use skills attached to CWDT (cast when damage taken).. they are cast automatically when you take a certain amount of damage

To elaborate a bit more on this...

Cast When Damage Taken casts all skill gems linked to it when a certain threshold of damage occurs. If we level our CWDT too high, it will not activate when we take lower levels of damage (which we want it to activate at a low threshold). CWDT also does not cast spell with level requirements greater than the level requirement of CWDT itself (you can hover over it to read more about how it works).

As stated above, one of the abilities of CWDT is that you cannot manually cast skill gems linked to CWDT.

You have a couple of options:

1. Keep the links and levels where I recommend
2. Level up CWDT to a point you are comfortable with, which allows Lightning Golem / Immortal Call to go up in level too
3. Remove CWDT altogether and self cast LG / IC... which allows you to level those two skills to whatever point you want.

Your level of skill and comfort with the build will dictate how far down that list you progress.
"
brochata wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:

Spark was definitely a safety net for my build and I find myself casting it 50/50 with CL. I made an earlier reply here somewhere, but they're really two different tools that compliment each other, IMO. I love being able to reach out and touch someone with CL but also the large clear spread / speed of Spark.

Thank you for sharing and don't hesitate to share ideas / insight you have. I will eventually have to break this build into two for a Spark / SB "starter" build and a more advanced CL / Spark X "advanced" build.

I think starting up a CL specific thread would be great! This one really feels like a skill that's been misunderstood, but has lots of potential.

I've been using a Orb of Storms (ice bite/power charge crits) instead of Spark. I had been trying assassins mark for power charges, but self-casting that feels soooo, so, so bad.

I actually think sigil of power won me over today. Linked with a lvl 13 arcane surge it's become a solid boss button. Plus it looks beautiful! The one thing about that skill is it DEMANDS an enduring mana flask, but if you get cast speed+, it doesn't feel too bad. A big sigil is a lot of fun to navigate. Much like the lance itself, sigil looks so dumb out-of-the box, but with some AOE and duration love, it just might win me over.

I also saw a video with frost shield on the CWDT links, and that's been fun. You're dropping domes and orbs on your sigil and it's a very pleasing feeling. I am worried about sirius, because his area control game is pretty, pretty good.

Other random thoughts:

- CL loves Atziri's Promise, easiest 1C DPS boost in the game. I put off buying this, which was stupid.
- I've been neglecting block big time, and think the block/dps push/pull will be part of figuring the staff version of this build out.
- The Lance is not a slot-and-go skill and DEFINITELY has some awkward levels, where it feels like a channeling skill w/o any channel bonuses. It's the ugly duckling that could just turn out to be a great big laser-shooting boss-melting swan. We'll see!

I'll probably pull apart the thread this weekend. This main thread has had a LOT of talk of CL on it so it will probably inherit that build. The new post will likely be Spark / SB league starter / new player specific.
Is there any way I could get a quick run down on how I'm supposed to be staying alive? I'm level 79 and struggling a bit on even random map mods without reflect. I tried figuring out gem setups as best as I could for the time being so I'm wondering am I missing something here gear-wise or should I really just try and hang back with longshot anoint? I've tried vaal molten shell in comparison to immortal call for guard skill (still linked to cwdt but really only care for the vaal shell) and it feels like i'm getting popped regardless.

Also my resists are decent bar chaos, 3.6k hp and ~800 energy with Discipline, but now I'm noticing now my blocks only at 66 and 46 for spell. Is it crucial to get that to 75 or is there not much else I can do on the defense front?
"
Also my resists are decent bar chaos, 3.6k hp and ~800 energy with Discipline, but now I'm noticing now my blocks only at 66 and 46 for spell. Is it crucial to get that to 75 or is there not much else I can do on the defense front?

duskdawn is a good upgrade as it brings you up to 75%, 5k ehp is attainable with a good es chest and crown
is there any unique chest options we can explore before crafting? i was thinking of getting a high es splendour and rolling with the punches from there
"
xentaros wrote:
"

duskdawn is a good upgrade as it brings you up to 75%, 5k ehp is attainable with a good es chest and crown

Sounds good, but anything possible on the budget side of things? I can get a duskdawn without the proper links for 40c, but getting it to actually be worth something is gonna be more than 40c even fusing/chroma'ing myself.

I have the crown currently, so I guess I'll focus on a chest upgrade for now. I'm also dabbling in more life/energy shield nodes post lvl 80 until I can get what I truly need. Still getting smashed in some places, but I also think it's just the nature of this game from a low tier player which I definitely still am.

I also hate spark for heist. It just doesn't do anything after alert goes off and I can't be standing still hardly ever. CL doesn't feel juicy enough to keep everything from coming at you either in tandem. I know they "stagger" their attacks now, but 1 mob hitting me for 600 says "what stagger, little pup?".

I really love this build regardless so I want to see it through til I can pop off.
"
xentaros wrote:
is there any unique chest options we can explore before crafting? i was thinking of getting a high es splendour and rolling with the punches from there

The Covenant Spidersilk Robe 6-link is going for around 12-15 chaos and that is a steal. You can spam spark and get the extra chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info