[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
How far we can go with pure spark build? is there any possibility to play endgame so far or just for start only?

I mean, someone took the spark build (not me) to lvl 100 last season, so I assume it can go far into the endgame. I myself stopped at Maps / A5 to focus on refining leveling.

The wall I hit with Spark was the single target damage and I'm pleased with how Crackling Lance has filled that gap.
"
brochata wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:

So I was looking at unique jewels tonight and I’m wondering if Apex Mode is something worth exploring. It gains an intensity every 0.5 sec if a spell generated an intensity recently.

Right now I am casting CL in 0.37 sec (3x CL in 1.11 sec), so I could get to the 3rd stack in 0.74 sec instead.

In addition, it would help keep the intensity charges higher when doing small moves / dodges.

This is an interesting idea! I actually think this jewel might help shore up one of spell echoes weaknesses, that it takes a tiny bit longer to reach max stacks of intensity.

So if my maths is right, it looks like using this gem shaves .35 seconds off getting to max stacks with spell echo!!! (It even beats a normal faster cast time, which is bonkers) Will definitely buy one and try it out. And that's not even counting the other benefits from the gem. VERY interesting find!

I wanted to circle back to this and some observations I've had (and differences between Brochata's approach and mine).

1a. I have played a maxed Phantasmal CL with both Faster Casting and Spell Echo. While Spell Echo casts slightly faster, I find that I am surviving encounters better with Faster Casting. The two gems represent two different boxing techniques: faster casting lets you "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee," while Spell Echo makes you stay a bit more stationary but you get a bigger punch. I don't think there's an objective "better support" gem between these two and it's going to come down to your preference.

1b. I found myself casting Spark way more when I had spell echo on CL and casting Spark way less when I had faster casting. Because you have more control over how fast you cast CL with Faster Casting, you can keep it in "crackle" mode easier and less in laser mode, which is super helpful when clearing. I still prefer Spark as the primary spell in things like Delve and wider maps. I am playing CL more and more where I can skill shot or get a good ranged attack in. The two spells really are complementary and should not be seen as one or the other.

2. Sigil of Power is the real deal. See #1a and "dance" around in the sigil ring. With a SoP at its first mode, CL at 4 Intensify, and a diamond flask up, I am getting around 1.5mil DPS (in PoB).

3. Apex Mode is a HUGE boost to this style of play and you can maintain your 4 stacks easily while still dodging. I'd say this is now a mandatory part for a CL build.

4. I can no longer see myself playing with Storm Brand as originally designed. CL is just that much better.
Hey, thanks for your guide, I'm loving this build! What passives should I be allocating using Thread of Hope? Thanks! :)
"
JediExile wrote:
Hey, thanks for your guide, I'm loving this build! What passives should I be allocating using Thread of Hope? Thanks! :)

I am no longer playing with Thread of Hope in this build. It was needed in 3.11 as a cheap way to allocate glancing blows and a few other things.
"
Scary3074 wrote:

I wanted to circle back to this and some observations I've had (and differences between Brochata's approach and mine).

A few (four!) updates on my findings, which I think have been converging with yours.

A) First, I agree Apex Mode is so good with CL. Such a find. It gets you to death beam faster,keeps the death beam up, and it just feels made for CL. Plus, like a lot of not super in demand unique jewels, you can grab one with corrupted blood for a decent price!

B) Also, I too have dropped Spell Echo. Even at cast speeds I would call absurd, it killed me too often. I'm sure someone with better reflexes could pull it off, but that person is not me! I've been rolling with no cast speed gems as I've tried to juice it through gear as much as possible. (There's a watcher's eye mod that gives you a nice cast speed bump for using zealotry, and it isn't too pricey as far as watcher's go.)

C) The boxing analogy is quite apt, and one that has crossed my mind. This is a play style that requires a lot of movement (again, making Apex so necessary), and feels great when you're in a rythym of throwing the various punches CL has in its arsenal.

D) I bet our builds are pretty close, I've just devoted my second 6L to a pure support orb of storms (power charge, ice bite, innervate, blind, onslaught), and probably given Sigil (and now, its good friend frost shield) way too much love with support gems.
"
brochata wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:

A few (four!) updates on my findings, which I think have been converging with yours.

Thanks for sharing your results back. I haven't found much by way of meaningful build comments for CL outside of everyone's contributions here.

Are you using cluster jewels, and if so, which ones?

My Large Notables: Overshock, Snowstorm

Medium: Pressure Points, Quick Getaway, Blast-Freeze, Chilling Presence

Small: Prismatic Heart
Last edited by Scary3074 on Oct 11, 2020, 6:42:10 PM
"
Scary3074 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your results back. I haven't found much by way of meaningful build comments for CL outside of everyone's contributions here.

Are you using cluster jewels, and if so, which ones?

My Large Notables: Overshock, Snowstorm

Medium: Pressure Points, Quick Getaway, Blast-Freeze, Chilling Presence

Small: Prismatic Heart

This comment inspired me to look back at the passive tree and see if I could squeeze in some clusters. In general, I think there's a lot of support for CL in the base tree, but I've been neglecting clusters for a few leagues and they're super fun.

So, here's what it's looking like now:

Large: Overshock, Thunderstruck, Disorienting Display

Medium: Pressure Points, Magnifier

Small: Surging Vitality

Also, tried out Apex Mode's evil twin Nadir Mode. If I was just lawnmowering content, Nadir Mode might not be a bad choice! It keeps your intensify stacks low, so you rarely get to the death beam stage of CL. But really, who has the time to be swapping jewels like that.

The last fun interaction I've been trying out is using the Intensify Support purely for the AOE boost. Using that and AOE Support with Sigil results in screen-spanning circles that a single flame dash can't cover. Does this help the build? Not really. Does it look cool? Yes, yes it does.

hi mate, thank you for this build i am using the storm brand so far but i see the CL thing and im very interesed in it, buuuut i am blind maybe but i don't see your pasbind of the CL one, can you please poste your pastbin of the actuall CL build please ? (sorry for my bad english :/ )
this is my pob so far can you tell if you want to see it :

https://pastebin.com/pP2XzBWi

have a good day mate
"
Shaankaraa wrote:
hi mate, thank you for this build i am using the storm brand so far but i see the CL thing and im very interesed in it, buuuut i am blind maybe but i don't see your pasbind of the CL one, can you please poste your pastbin of the actuall CL build please ? (sorry for my bad english :/ )
this is my pob so far can you tell if you want to see it :

https://pastebin.com/pP2XzBWi

have a good day mate

Pastebin has removed and continues to remove all PoB exports. I have not found a solution other than posting the raw export to a text file. :(
Hi, i'm looking at your build 'cause I was hoping to try for the first time a real Spark build, but I don't get any current PoB or raw code.
It's not a potato without po... or tato.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info