If fluoride is good for your teeth, or good for you at all...

My ignore fucntion request thread in GD never had more relevance.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
xMustard wrote:
it isn't about the idea being ignorant, its about the unwillingness to learn or explore what any other idea is/says/teaches/evidence towards/etc

that is ignorance.

taking your flat earth example (which you threw out there because you think its the most ridiculous), it isn't that people believe the earth is flat because they were never taught it was spherical. it isn't like they're ignorant to the globe model or heliocentric model etc. they have their own reasons for choosing a flat model over it. be it evidence, religion, hysteria, who knows.

however for you to be absolutely ignoring (ignorant) about anything flat earth because "pffft thats ridiculous"...that is ignorance. that is what ignorant is.

truth fears no investigation. if truth is actually what you're searching for

First, these were the two "ignorant" threads that popped into my head. I can't think of anymore.

Second, your statement, "however for you to be absolutely ignoring (ignorant) about anything flat earth because "pffft thats ridiculous"...that is ignorance. that is what ignorant is." made no sense to me. If it was critical to understanding your post then you'll need to reword it or something.

As a serious answer, I believe the ignorance here is not believing the science. Thinking that each individual has to figure it out on their own would also be ignorant. There are experts and there have been many studies done on this topic. People have spent years studying different questions such as this. It is ignorant to think a lay person could better reason this out on their own.

For example, I took many chemistry classes in college because I was planning on being a chemistry major. I know that it is ignorant to think that just because the same element exists in two compounds that those two compounds can be expected to have similar properties. (Note that ignorance is not the same thing as intelligence. I am not calling the OP unintelligent. Their statement was ignorant because it was uninformed.)

So in order to be informed one should do some research for the available material already produced. Doing an investigation would make less sense to me.

As a final thought, it could also be said that it is more problematic to just assume that a commonly held belief is wrong than to assume it is correct.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 10, 2020, 11:02:40 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
And your conclsusion was not "blank", it was:

"
xMustard wrote:
its kinda funny to me how people continue to hold onto the myth that fluoride is good for your teeth in any capacity. but to each their own.

thats what i meant - my conclusion was "blank" as in fill in the blank with what my conclusion was.
i stand by it.

sorry you're offended enough you want to ignore me forever on the forums, but that seems to be your forte. something you don't like, ignore it. stay ignorant. all good, i hear it resembles bliss

but by all means, take that i won't spoon feed you all the information sources data tests etc which drew me to my conclusion as an excuse to ignore it all completely.

and Scotie just resorting to misquotes.

"
As a serious answer, I believe the ignorance here is not believing the science.

actually the ignorance here is assuming there is no science backing the flat earth theory, or whatever other contention that might be had. on topic, that fluoride is not beneficial for your dental health and its more detrimental to your neurological health.

i know it sounds crazy enough, but there are a ton of things people claim as science and scientific which actually has no basis in science, or reality, at all.
this is very difficult for people to understand though, because their entire worldview is based around the scientism which created it
Last edited by xMustard on Mar 10, 2020, 11:10:00 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
Ah yes opinions. Always the solution when you don't understand something and are to lazy to actually search for any information regarding the topic, but still want to sprout thing you half read on some website you can't remember. And when someone calls out your bullshit, there is always the trusty "it's just an opinion" card you can play.

funny to hear this from the guy completely unwilling to research an entire side of an argument and others in here demanding i post my 'evidence' and do the research for them etc
Last edited by xMustard on Mar 10, 2020, 11:30:14 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

its kinda funny to me how people continue to hold onto the myth that fluoride is good for your teeth in any capacity. but to each their own.

Its because our dentists pushed that idea when we were kids =p
Yep, totally over league play.
"
xMustard wrote:
Scotie just resorting to misquotes.
Any reasonable effort to look into the truth about fluoride will result in the conclusion that it is hugely beneficial to dental health.

If it's fair for you to say that about 2+2=4, it's fair for me to say that about fluoride.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
Scotie just resorting to misquotes.
Any reasonable effort to look into the truth about fluoride will result in the conclusion that it is hugely beneficial to dental health.

If it's fair for you to say that about 2+2=4, it's fair for me to say that about fluoride.

I stopped posting because at this point it's just obvious bait.

If people want to believe in the illuminati, that we are ruled by a lizard class, the earth is flat, 9/11 was an inside job, and fluoride is a chemical put in our water that is designed to control the population, that's fine, books and TV shows have to make some cash.

I respect capitalism & darwinism. Things should woke out just fine for Mr. Mustard, and at least now I have a better idea how to handle some of his forum posts.

Spoiler
which btw haven't always been so clearly odd to this degree, which also makes me think this is a reaction/bait game, maybe due to boredom? Idk but it's clear now

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
xMustard wrote:

funny to hear this from the guy completely unwilling to research an entire side of an argument and others in here demanding i post my 'evidence' and do the research for them etc

completely unwilling? nope, i just haven't found any scientific paper that supports your "opinion". And another thing, an argument is always a fact or a conclusion, and never an opinion, so what is it now? :D
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
It's positive that people don't trust the people who don't trust them at all. Ask yourself the fluoride question on other less empiric topics than chemistry (like morals, economy or social structure) and you'll find your conspiracy.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

If people want to believe in the illuminati, that we are ruled by a lizard class, the earth is flat, 9/11 was an inside job, and fluoride is a chemical put in our water that is designed to control the population, that's fine, books and TV shows have to make some cash.

I really like your list. In that vein I thought maybe we could add to it. Here's mine to add to the list (most from https://www.boredpanda.com/crazy-unbelievable-history-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic)

-the Moon landing was faked
-Chemicals In The Water Are Turning People Gay
-Avril Lavigne Was Replaced By A Clone Named Melissa
-Paul Mccartney Was Replaced
-Hillary's Campaign Logo Is A Reference To 9/11
-Poisonous Government Snow
-April Is The Government's Blood Sacrifice Season
-Prince Charles Is A Vampire
-The Moon Does Not Exist
-Stonehenge Was Built By The Aliens
-Phantom Time Hypothesis
-Barack Obama Could Control The Weather
-Elvis Presley Is Still Alive
-Obama Is Malcolm X's Son
-Nigeria’s President Is A Clone
-American Pie By Don Mclean Predicts Satanic-Communist Takeover

-illuminati,
-that we are ruled by a lizard class,
-the earth is flat,
-9/11 was an inside job,
-fluoride is a chemical put in our water that is designed to control the population

Oh crap! Looking at Google search I found this which apparently has hundreds of crazy ignorant ideas. Way too many to be copied here. Silly me for thinking there could be any limit to the crazy ignorant ideas that people could come up with.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

As a final thought, it could also be said that it is more problematic to just assume that a commonly held belief is wrong than to assume it is correct.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 11, 2020, 5:47:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info