If fluoride is good for your teeth, or good for you at all...

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Now I understand the part of you that doesn't want to really believe this. I said it earlier in the thread: there isn't enough time to investigate everything. You not only want to be intellectually lazy, but you need to be, because there simply isn't enough time, and we've got more important shit to do like sleeping and Labyrinth runs and text-based Lewis Black impersonations, and if we can't find somebody to trust then we won't be able to do any of that fun shit because we'll be stuck doing the research our fucking selves God damnit. But it would behoove you to accept the result of this inevitable choice to do fun shit instead: we're all full of shit, and we're just making it up as we go.

Kinda false equivalence. Not everyone is on the same shit level. There's levels to this shit.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Now I understand the part of you that doesn't want to really believe this. I said it earlier in the thread: there isn't enough time to investigate everything. You not only want to be intellectually lazy, but you need to be, because there simply isn't enough time, and we've got more important shit to do like sleeping and Labyrinth runs and text-based Lewis Black impersonations, and if we can't find somebody to trust then we won't be able to do any of that fun shit because we'll be stuck doing the research our fucking selves God damnit. But it would behoove you to accept the result of this inevitable choice to do fun shit instead: we're all full of shit, and we're just making it up as we go.

I basically agree with this, but I would also add that the vast majority of people just don't have to ability to do the research themselves even if they do have the time. It's possible to self-teach, but if you're doing that with no feedback there's also a chance you're way off base about most of the things you think you understand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info