If fluoride is good for your teeth, or good for you at all...

As far as i know combating bad idea's with silence hasn't been proven to be an effective strategy.

Your handing victory to the other side, which seems rather selfish if you honestly believe it has bad effects.

Somebody invoke godwin and make an analogy sps.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

but by all means, because i disagree with you make quips at my intelligence.

"
xMustard wrote:

just keep in mind that you're the one being ignorant here

Well played.

Also, this is quite the interesting way to make a point, or defend an opinion.

"
xMustard wrote:

im not required to answer your questions. nor does it invalidate my opinion in any way. not that i need my opinion validated by anyone else

first of all, calling you ignorant isn't insulting your intelligence. you're the one willingly ignoring an entire side of an argument, which is ignorance. im never said you were unable to understand that argument or anything like it.

next, im not trying to make a point or defend my position. i stated my opinion and all of you jumped on it.
im not trying to "win victory". im not debating.

i said do your own research and come to your own conclusion. my conclusion is "blank" - then all of a sudden people grasp at their pearls in horror that i wouldn't succumb to what they believe and most commonly believed.
then the requests for me to do research for them come flooding in, and if i don't then i lose the "argument" because of silence and whatnot. man you people have really interesting ways of things lol
"
xMustard wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

but by all means, because i disagree with you make quips at my intelligence.

"
xMustard wrote:

just keep in mind that you're the one being ignorant here

Well played.

Also, this is quite the interesting way to make a point, or defend an opinion.

"
xMustard wrote:

im not required to answer your questions. nor does it invalidate my opinion in any way. not that i need my opinion validated by anyone else

first of all, calling you ignorant isn't insulting your intelligence. you're the one willingly ignoring an entire side of an argument, which is ignorance. im never said you were unable to understand that argument or anything like it.

next, im not trying to make a point or defend my position. i stated my opinion and all of you jumped on it.

i said do your own research and come to your own conclusion. my conclusion is "blank" - then all of a sudden people grasp at their pearls in horror that i wouldn't succumb to what they believe and most commonly believed.
then the requests for me to do research for them come flooding in, and if i don't then i lose the "argument" because of silence and whatnot. man you people have really interesting ways of things lol

Ok sure. Whatever.

This forum would certainly be different, if we all had opinions, but didn't let anyone know what they were. LOL

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I was thinking about this and another thread here. Here's the question that arose.

Which idea is more ignorant,

That fluorine treated water is poisonous or at best very bad for you because some insecticides contain fluoride.

OR

That the earth is flat.

My opinion, I think the earth is flat thread was much more ignorant.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
it isn't about the idea being ignorant, its about the unwillingness to learn or explore what any other idea is/says/teaches/evidence towards/etc

that is ignorance.

taking your flat earth example (which you threw out there because you think its the most ridiculous), it isn't that people believe the earth is flat because they were never taught it was spherical. it isn't like they're ignorant to the globe model or heliocentric model etc. they have their own reasons for choosing a flat model over it. be it evidence, religion, hysteria, who knows.

however for you to be absolutely ignoring (ignorant) about anything flat earth because "pffft thats ridiculous"...that is ignorance. that is what ignorant is.

truth fears no investigation. if truth is actually what you're searching for
Is it really true that 2+2=4?

I read this book once, I don't remember exactly what it said, but I think the general idea was that Emanuel Something-stein was saying 2+2=5, if you're undergoing enough torture. I also heard somewhere that Emanuel is another name for Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus was a Jew so the last name fits, and if thing Mel Gibson taught me, it that that motherfucker knows a thing or two about torture.

So we should launch an immediate investigation into what Jesus Christ is keeping from us about 2+2. I'm sure he'd have wanted to greedily keep that information to himself — selfish bastard —but we'll have the last laugh when we uncover it. And if you disagree with this line of inquiry, then with all due respect, you're being ignorant. You might disagree with my theory but you should know what people who are following this research are thinking.

It's not like you have anything better to do.

Plus, if you don't join me, I'll press The Button and release the chemtrails. I mean, I kinda already promised I would, but I'm giving you a second chance here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 10, 2020, 2:59:30 AM
mockery aside, is it dangerous or harmful in any way to investigate if 2+2 does = 5?

no. it isn't.
and you'll conclude every time that it equals 4. why? because you're searching for the answer, not something new to believe in or convince others of or anything like that.

what a poor example to choose anyway, because its way more objective than a high majority of scientific topics or nearly anything else you could have brought up.

at what point does something become unquestionable, in your opinion?
Last edited by xMustard on Mar 10, 2020, 3:25:59 AM
"
is it dangerous or harmful in any way to investigate if fluoride protects teeth?

no. it isn't.
and you'll conclude every time that it does.
That's it! Enough of your lies, heretic!
Spoiler
Spoiler
BWAHAHAHAHA
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 10, 2020, 4:10:28 AM
"
xMustard wrote:

Ah yes opinions. Always the solution when you don't understand something and are to lazy to actually search for any information regarding the topic, but still want to sprout thing you half read on some website you can't remember. And when someone calls out your bullshit, there is always the trusty "it's just an opinion" card you can play.

And your conclsusion was not "blank", it was:

"
xMustard wrote:
its kinda funny to me how people continue to hold onto the myth that fluoride is good for your teeth in any capacity. but to each their own.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
If you don´t want to get in contact with any fluorides,
maybe consider relocating to another celestial object in the solar system is in order.

Spoiler
fluoride is also naturally present in virtually all foods and beverages at a wide range of concentrations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info