If fluoride is good for your teeth, or good for you at all...

Why is it the main ingredient in pesticides?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2020, 9:37:44 AM
If oxygen is so good for us, why is it the main ingredient is carbon dioxide, which is poisonous?
do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

its kinda funny to me how people continue to hold onto the myth that fluoride is good for your teeth in any capacity. but to each their own.
"
LennyLen wrote:
If oxygen is so good for us, why is it the main ingredient is carbon dioxide, which is poisonous?

It's also an important part of most explosives and partly responsible for the aging process of our cells.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
xMustard wrote:
its kinda funny to me how people continue to hold onto the myth that fluoride is good for your teeth in any capacity. but to each their own.
This is like saying it's a myth that caffeine makes people more awake. Exposing tooth enamel to fluoride is objectively good for your teeth in that it chemically hardens it against acidic and bacterial decay. Fluoride is naturally used by sharks for their teeth.

I could understand, perhaps, an unwillingness to swallow fluoridized toothpaste, or even opposition to fluoridized water. Once fluoride hits the teeth there's no benefit to ingestion, and high quantities of fluoride can be harmful to people. But saying it doesn't help teeth? You can literally get some teeth (e.g. "tooth fairy" for growing children) and expose them to fluoride baths, acids, etc. Do the experiments yourself before you argue with scientific conclusions.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 9, 2020, 4:04:46 AM
"
LennyLen wrote:

No need to mix it, pure Oxygen is already poisonous.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Everything is poisonous in the right amount or combined in the right way.

In advanced chemistry there is a property called Chirality where 2 molecules have the EXACT same physical composition but are mirrored images of each other (just like the images of mirrored items in PoE) and cannot be superposed.

But if their composition is the same then it doesn't matter right?!
In fact it matters a lot because the effects of each other are different. One important detail is they manifest opposite optical behaviour. I recommend you to look up a few examples on the net, i won't copy them here. You may get a surprise.

When u see CO2 or O2 there is oxygen in both right? However, those names don't tell you the structure of the molecule or the way it is arranged. The element oxygen is oxygen, the valence it has on a molecule is not always the same.

Your toothpaste has fluoride, the pesticide has fluoride, but in which form?

Are you considering that something extremely toxic for fungus will be as toxic for you if you ingest it?

Dose matters?

If the medicine is good for me then why can't i take as much as i want?

"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
This is like saying it's a myth that caffeine makes people more awake. Exposing tooth enamel to fluoride is objectively good for your teeth in that it chemically hardens it against acidic and bacterial decay. Fluoride is naturally used by sharks for their teeth.

I could understand, perhaps, an unwillingness to swallow fluoridized toothpaste, or even opposition to fluoridized water. Once fluoride hits the teeth there's no benefit to ingestion, and high quantities of fluoride can be harmful to people. But saying it doesn't help teeth? You can literally get some teeth (e.g. "tooth fairy" for growing children) and expose them to fluoride baths, acids, etc. Do the experiments yourself before you argue with scientific conclusions.

sorry, it isn't like that at all.
as i said, do your own research and come to your own conclusions. we come to different conclusions, thats fine with me.
Don't be scurred. Post your so-called research.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info