Tempest Shield

I like this skill. Increasing block chance when leveling the gem would be overpowered. Adding some defense, not a lot, would be nice. Most shield users probably have some increased shield armor nodes, so something like 100 added shield armor on a level 15 gem would be cool.
"
I like this skill. Increasing block chance when leveling the gem would be overpowered. Adding some defense, not a lot, would be nice. Most shield users probably have some increased shield armor nodes, so something like 100 added shield armor on a level 15 gem would be cool.

I agree with Shuks that this skill could use a buff. I mean, yes the low reserve is nice and allows you to link it to more stuff, but would you seriously pick Tempest Shield over Determination or Grace if you had to pick two of the three? Personally, I think that this skill should provide a % boost to shield defenses. In that way, no matter if your armor-type is (evasion, armor, or ES), you'll still all the benefits of the skill. Now, as to what the %boost is and whether or not it should increase with the gems level are a completely different story. So, what do you guys thing about an addition of " X% Increase to Shield Defenses" on Tempest Shield?
No because ES guys would live even longer...

Only really usable and minor boost I see is Shield Recovery.
ign PhysicalActivity
shield recovery is used with blocking stuns, i personally find it a highly useless stat.
es has 50% stun avoid (ontop of other avoidance) and evasion characters barely get hit and that one hit causing a stun is justified loss for typically ranged builds for those two defense types.

melee however gets some use out of block recovery, it doesn't prevent a cast from not happening but reacting faster than a third of a second later on that off chance the "interrupt" happens, means a lot when having an escape skill used right after. a lot of games showed me that a lot can happen within a second.
Just a little question about TS:

Ive read here, that TS doesnt count basically as an aura. Its a skill, right ?

Is it intended, that the 10% reduce mana cost on a q20 Reduced mana doesn't work?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Aug 27, 2013, 12:54:57 PM
Whether it's an Aura or a Skill has literally nothing to do with the Quality bonus working or not.

Tempest Shield is a Skill that Reserves Mana. It does not have a Mana Cost.
The Quality bonus on Reduced Mana is a Reduced Mana Cost bonus.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Whether it's an Aura or a Skill has literally nothing to do with the Quality bonus working or not.

Tempest Shield is a Skill that Reserves Mana. It does not have a Mana Cost.
The Quality bonus on Reduced Mana is a Reduced Mana Cost bonus.

Ah, i see, thanks man ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

With the change to Tempest Shield allowing it to produce more than one charge per cast, does the crit chance rely on current power charges or only the power charges that you had on skill cast?
Some feedback regarding this skill.

1. On a defensive note, this needs a significant buff, since the 4% block with a 25% mana reservation isn't a good tradeoff at the moment. Probably change the skill so that it grants a 1% block at level 1, and increases by .5 each level. That would give a 11% block chance at level 20, which isn't unreasonable, since it is the equivalent of 2 x passive nodes (6% block nodes).

2. This has already been asked before, but the fact that the skill turns off when changing areas seems like a bit of a nuisance. Not much of a priority, and I know that this is currently an engine limitation, but it would be nice if this wasn't the case. Again, I understand why this currently isn't possible, but that need not mean that it should stay this way :)

3. Some positive feedback - the descry effect when using the skill looks awesome :)
It's only the equivalent of two passives if you only look at the single most powerful Block nodes on the entire tree, namely, Testudo.
(which, I believe, is supposed to be Tetsudo actually...)

Phalanx, Aegis, Bulwark, Precise Interception and Shield Mastery are significant passives, all with 4% Block. Regular nodes, which serve as the baseline, are 1-2%. In its current state, it's worth two Passives.

Tempest Shield will transfer some time in the future. Forgot to take note of where that was last mentioned :/ Was in the last week or so even.
EDIT@Pivovar: Ah there we go. Cheers :>
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 12, 2013, 10:21:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info