Tempest Shield

Found answer where it belongs.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Last edited by Drudley on Jan 24, 2013, 7:49:30 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
When you level up a gem, the item it is socketed in, is unequipped for a fraction of a second. No shield -> no Tempest Shield.

But it happens when upgrading any gem, not just the gem responsible for the skill.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
TS disables itself during zone transitions because it bugs out if it's tranferred like Auras are.
Cool, wonder if this will change in the future, as it is a little annoying.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Would be nice if an arc of lightning fired from your shield to any enemy it affects! ;)
Whether that be ranged or melee enemies!
that would get messy for visual effects for most people that aim to get the most out of this gem (max block rate).
But it would be rad as hell. I'd totally get that as a microtrans :P (and disable it when I'm in a party)
I'm sure it has been asked before, but I'm kinda lazy looking for it, does tempest shield have effect on shield charge?
Shield Charge is just a weapon swing.
"
Another way to buff it would be to give it block recovery % scaling with the lvl of the gem. Not a big deal but that could be useful for certain builds I think.

I like this idea a lot.

Its also pretty sad that the block chance doesn't scale .. even a bit with the level of the gem. Would be nice to see a 1% increase every 3-5 levels.

Also Tempest Shield is WAY to expensive in terms of mana. The flat 25% reduce makes it not worth as a shadow with EB and also def. not worth for melee chars using Blood Magic.

I think a mana amound instead of the % would be way more appropriate for it.

Also its kinda hard to find support gems that work with tempest shield. I mean sure Elemental Proliferation works really well, but what else.

To be totally honest .. i would want to see this skill being merged with shield charge :)
maybe its just wishful thinking,but does ancestral bond allow tempest to work?
"
Vods wrote:
"
Another way to buff it would be to give it block recovery % scaling with the lvl of the gem. Not a big deal but that could be useful for certain builds I think.

I like this idea a lot.

Its also pretty sad that the block chance doesn't scale .. even a bit with the level of the gem. Would be nice to see a 1% increase every 3-5 levels.

Also Tempest Shield is WAY to expensive in terms of mana. The flat 25% reduce makes it not worth as a shadow with EB and also def. not worth for melee chars using Blood Magic.

I think a mana amound instead of the % would be way more appropriate for it.

Also its kinda hard to find support gems that work with tempest shield. I mean sure Elemental Proliferation works really well, but what else.

To be totally honest .. i would want to see this skill being merged with shield charge :)

Edit: I'm an idiot :P merging would be a good thing, assuming you mean it keeps it's current properties, not just when you actually charge.
I often thought about why tempest shield requires a percentage mana reserve instead of a flat number and the reason is simply because it's a good skill. As a flat number it would be a no brainer skill everyone with a shield would use, as a percent, you have to weigh up the value of it against another aura, or build specifically to use them all which is possible.

Last edited by Chronoja on Feb 4, 2013, 10:57:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info