Tempest Shield

It's already part of a build; Tempest Shield + Molten Shell. Renatobaal used Tempest Shield for regular damage and spreading Shock through Elemental Proliferation, and Molten Shell for burst damage. Video's an old version of PoE, but the build still works.
yeah, A build, the number of options for this skill is quite low at the moment i think.
Why does Tempest Shield have a % Mana Reservation rather than a Flat one?
I remember reading that % and flat reserves are supposed to be base on the bonuses of the skill; if the skill is scaling %(ex %armor from Determination), the reserve will be % based. Whereas Grace is a flat amount, and has a flat Mana reserve.

Tempest shield has bonuses; Flat Lightning Damage and a Block Chance.
But Block Chance is still a flat 4%, it's not increased by getting a better shield or anything. 25% Mana for small amount of flat damage and block does not really seem balanced.
Well, if it was a flat amount, a high mana character could reach max block for nearly no cost.
Given that block becomes more valuable the more you already have, one could argue it scales.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Well, if it was a flat amount, a high mana character could reach max block for nearly no cost.
Given that block becomes more valuable the more you already have, one could argue it scales.

Why exactly would block become more value the more you have? 4% is 4%, regardless of what you're adding it to.

Also, a character would have to already be going deep into shield nodes to be even close to 71% block where the 4% would allow them to max it.
This is probably intended, but it is really weird imo.
When blocking ranged attacks and spells (if you can block spells) the enemy will recieve damage from tempest shield.
In PvP, it's annoying and doesn't make sense.
I think that the damage should be dealt if the enemy is at melee range.
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Jan 3, 2013, 3:50:41 PM
That would make it entirely useless for, well, almost everything.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That would make it entirely useless for, well, almost everything.

If that "almost everything" means, standing still while the enemies are killing themselves because of misterious energy that hits them because their enemy is blocking their ranged attacks or spells from far away. Then yea, i don't care if they modify that to implemet something smarter.
For one, your comment makes no sense from a logical standpoint ("almost everything" does not refer to "enemies kill themselves because their attack is blocked" at all). Regardless:

It's not a 'mysterious energy' that hurts the enemy; it's the shield that lashes out at the enemy. It's a magically-enchanted shield, and magic does that kinda stuff. Does it need an animation like Arc to show that it indeed does exactly as the description reads?

If the damage only works against melee attacks, Tempest Shield is useless against probably half the enemies you face, making it an even *less* worthwhile skill. It's already entirely gimmick-based and not even particularly strong if you go for it, and you want to kill it off because... Magic doesn't make sense?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
For one, your comment makes no sense from a logical standpoint ("almost everything" does not refer to "enemies kill themselves because their attack is blocked" at all). Regardless:

It's not a 'mysterious energy' that hurts the enemy; it's the shield that lashes out at the enemy. It's a magically-enchanted shield, and magic does that kinda stuff. Does it need an animation like Arc to show that it indeed does exactly as the description reads?

If the damage only works against melee attacks, Tempest Shield is useless against probably half the enemies you face, making it an even *less* worthwhile skill. It's already entirely gimmick-based and not even particularly strong if you go for it, and you want to kill it off because... Magic doesn't make sense?

No, i don't wanna kill it. I'm saying that for PvP it must get balanced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info