Shock Nova

I use This Skill a lot for testing and i think is inviable in game (Desynch, Horrible Dead Zone etc). Remove dead zone entirely and maybe its useful.
I'm perfectly fine with the deadzone myself, but what makes this skill completely unuseable is the fact that it will VERY often not hit any mobs if they are clearly inside the damage zone. Whether that is because of desyncing or the graphic for the nova is just wrong I'm not entirely sure, but it is undeniably a big problem when using this skill. In my opinion this MUST be fixed, before other changes should even be considered. Maybe the skill will even turn out the be just fine after.
Last edited by Dechef on Mar 4, 2013, 2:22:24 PM
Can anyone confirm if increased area of effect and concetrated effect alter the dead zone? Especially in the case of increased AoE, it actually gets harder to hit enemies with it?

Thanks!

**** EDITED: I just checked Wiki, and yes the dead zone area is also affected.
Last edited by biggoat on Mar 4, 2013, 4:04:30 PM
There is one disgusting thing about Shock Nova (and Ice Nova too).

When you bind it to mouse 1, it prevents your character from running at all.
I guess that's because you ain't need to target anything with such spells.
This issue, while not affecting general performance of a spell, is a huge pain in the ass 'cause people get used to their binds.

As far as I remember, this issue is from as far as Closed Beta 9.x.x, so it should be finaly fixed.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
This skill is so forgotten since it's previous glory that the feedback thread for Phase run was somehow bumped up further than this..

Please consider reverting this skill back to something similar to it's previous state. While the skill may have been overpowered and in need to tweaking there's one one thing that can't be denied, it was fun.

The reason i decided to play path of exile in the first place was a video of old shock nova having lead me to believe i could spam nova and tp around like i used to in d2. It would make for high risk builds for mapping but would have good clear speed as well.
"
Nyandere wrote:
This skill is so forgotten since it's previous glory that the feedback thread for Phase run was somehow bumped up further than this..

I like how you posted that no more than three hours after the previous post in the thread :P
(they're alphabetically sorted)

You can still make a Shock Nova build just fine, by the way. *shrug*
Other people have done so in the Open Beta build as well.
The skill needs a rework imo, the deadzone was an interesting idea but it makes the skill frustrating to use and I haven't managed to find a way to make it truly viable.

The problem as I see it is, if the deadzone is removed the skill will be extremely powerful. There's a reason why there are no strong aoe lightning spells in the game, you would shock stack mobs like crazy and destroy large packs quickly.

I don't know exactly what has to be done but nova is one of my favorite skills in Diablo 2 and shock nova is just frustrating to use :/
I think a dead zone is to much.

Have Melle range at 15-25% Damage, and scale that up as it gets further out maxing out at 100% and maby even dipping down on the other side down to 50%.

Having it deal no damage just plain sucks, having a chance to at least shock in any range from lower damage would at least help.
dead zone seems to be the factor of... i cant just spam this all the time, and its a bit annoying! and i agree there are other spells that are clearly more efficient at this point.
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
When I first noticed the dead zone I came up with 2 options:

1: add cold damage and try to catch, freeze them at max range. (or use frost nova)

2: use concentrated effect. (my favorite solution)
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info