Power Rune should be more common

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No secret or skill, just luck

playing super casually this league, but the loot is good. people just don't wanna put in the work I guess
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No secret or skill, just luck

playing super casually this league, but the loot is good. people just don't wanna put in the work I guess

And I got 40/40 by the end of week 1, fully upgraded my town early did lots of map runner and shipment stuff, killed the black knight and some pirate bosses multiple times and I've seen 0 power runes lol, had to buy them for the weapon enchant challenge while they were still 1 div each because I knew they would go up. It ain't about "putting in the work" , this is a pure rng fiesta and nothing else. Sometimes I get more divines from shipments that are millions lower value than others. The most recent patch that lied to our faces and said "this is a buff in most cases" with the change to dust made shipments just not worth doing and unrewarding. It was, in fact, a nerf in most cases because now you are forced to farm millions of dust instead of only putting in 10k. Ofc that bit of info was conveniently withheld in the patch notes.

Like these runes are so rare I don't even know what exactly drops them or how you're supposed to get them, its a joke. Do the special bosses drop them? Do they not? Do you need a 50 mil shipment to get one? a 5 mil one? Because I've seen streamers get 0 power runes from 50 mil shipments. It's just a slot machine.
"
Toforto wrote:

Like these runes are so rare I don't even know what exactly drops them or how you're supposed to get them, its a joke. Do the special bosses drop them? Do they not? Do you need a 50 mil shipment to get one? a 5 mil one? Because I've seen streamers get 0 power runes from 50 mil shipments. It's just a slot machine.

its just complete rng...the guy you quoted got a mirror both now and previews league so i'm not surprised power runes are not a problem for him. some people just have suspiciously good "rng"
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:

its just complete rng...the guy you quoted got a mirror both now and previews league so i'm not surprised power runes are not a problem for him. some people just have suspiciously good "rng"

Jealousy is a bad look, Lyutsi. :-)

Besides, challenges say very little about how much loot and of which quality you should have found @Toforto. As you say, you can finish 40/40 in a single week and with very little effort.

When it comes to what you find, that's always been RNG. Personally, I think the drop rates of Power Runes is fine, it's the crafts that should cost a whole lot less. Keep the drop special, give more of a reward for actually finding one.

And... you can still upgrade them right? 5:1 or something. That's plenty of power runes over time.
no the upgrade doesnt work unless they changed it recently...if we could just vendor 5 time runes for a power rune then i dont think people would even complain about power rune drops.
They should have made the runes account bound like the rest of kingsmarch.
We've had much more grindy rng challenges in the past and getting the power runes isn't really that much of a deal especially with the rest of the challenges being extremely easy this league and the big player power provided by the enchants.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 26, 2024, 7:52:30 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:

Jealousy is a bad look, Lyutsi. :-)

Besides, challenges say very little about how much loot and of which quality you should have found @Toforto. As you say, you can finish 40/40 in a single week and with very little effort.

When it comes to what you find, that's always been RNG. Personally, I think the drop rates of Power Runes is fine, it's the crafts that should cost a whole lot less. Keep the drop special, give more of a reward for actually finding one.

And... you can still upgrade them right? 5:1 or something. That's plenty of power runes over time.

Sure? But you wouldn't be saying this if you weren't as lucky lol, I got a mirror and 2 doctor cards from Ritual during a previous league, if I went onto posts complaining that ritual is unrewarding and just told them "nah man just gotta put in the work and grind it out trust me the rewards are fine as they are" that would make no sense. You're basing your opinion off your own personal experience and rng, and just saying the drop rates are "fine" when they clearly are not if this many people have a problem with it.
"
Toforto wrote:
Sure? But you wouldn't be saying this if you weren't as lucky lol, I got a mirror and 2 doctor cards from Ritual during a previous league, if I went onto posts complaining that ritual is unrewarding and just told them "nah man just gotta put in the work and grind it out trust me the rewards are fine as they are" that would make no sense. You're basing your opinion off your own personal experience and rng, and just saying the drop rates are "fine" when they clearly are not if this many people have a problem with it.

First of all, I didn't bring up my mirror drop at all, that was Enviousifer665. When I say "people dont want to put in the work" I mean that a lot of people are quick to jump the gun and complain rather than just play the game.

In another post I said that I wished the crafts were cheaper, because they drop very rarely. I got 4. I need 15 for my next build. I play in a private league. :-)

Seriously hope Lyutsifer finds a mirror so he can stop yapping about mine by the way. Keeps bringing it up unnecessarily.
To me personally, by the time i get to 15 power runes i will be completely apathetic to the situation. It will feel like finding a mirror on your pre league start test run in standard. The power i get from it will be reduntant. I could have used it in early progression before i had a ton of gear. Now its just overkill. I can easily kill all ubers. Its a completely pointless amount of power.

Collecting the leagues borrowed power during your characters progression is fun. Collecting it once you can already do all content in the game does nothing.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:

First of all, I didn't bring up my mirror drop at all, that was Enviousifer665. When I say "people dont want to put in the work" I mean that a lot of people are quick to jump the gun and complain rather than just play the game.

In another post I said that I wished the crafts were cheaper, because they drop very rarely. I got 4. I need 15 for my next build. I play in a private league. :-)

Seriously hope Lyutsifer finds a mirror so he can stop yapping about mine by the way. Keeps bringing it up unnecessarily.

why does it bother you that i bring it up? you should be proud that they give you one so often. im sure you'll get one next league too. :)

BTW if you didnt keep linking it here every time you get one people wouldnt be able to bring it up...just a thought
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Aug 27, 2024, 8:05:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info