WHY PUNISH PEOPLE FOR DYING?

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
As a side note, first lvl 100 character in Settlers league appeared like 23 hours after release, a scion aurabot with 0 dps. How does that fit with all the elitist arguments of "you have to earn your levels"?:) Guy invested all into defenses using leverage of not having to invest into dps, and just walked behind his party members. Even if we all agree that exp penalty is "justified", it still doesn't work fair even from this angle.

This will tell you that you CAN build a tanky character and not die :)

Sure, if I can get someone else to kill all monsters for me and occasionally die:) Poe inherent party exp bonus doesn't hurt either, regardless of who does the kill. Party vs solo choice should not be a matter of free bonuses. Fair play at its best.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
As a side note, first lvl 100 character in Settlers league appeared like 23 hours after release, a scion aurabot with 0 dps. How does that fit with all the elitist arguments of "you have to earn your levels"?:) Guy invested all into defenses using leverage of not having to invest into dps, and just walked behind his party members. Even if we all agree that exp penalty is "justified", it still doesn't work fair even from this angle.

This will tell you that you CAN build a tanky character and not die :)

Sure, if I can get someone else to kill all monsters for me and occasionally die:) Poe inherent party exp bonus doesn't hurt either, regardless of who does the kill. Party vs solo choice should not be a matter of free bonuses. Fair play at its best.

You can also do it yourself solo (tanky toon), that was one of many examples out there, but do you feel you need to compete in leveling race in trade league vs party and you feel you're at disadvantage? I mean, in SSF you can race solo, if you feel like you can compete in leveling, and move to trade after.

EDIT: oh, you don't play league, so race party/solo in trade does bother you why?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 8:55:07 PM
Oh, I made a tanky build this league. It can avoid death and its exp penalty, all right.

I stopped playing with it, because of how BORING the game becomes. It's almost no longer an action game, you just stop there and keep pushing the mouse button until the single random yellow mob dies, SOME 3 MINUTES LATER! Or have to run of annoying ones that just refuse to die because of regeneration.

It becomes a patience game, it's awful.
"
mrhouston wrote:
Oh, I made a tanky build this league. It can avoid death and its exp penalty, all right.

I stopped playing with it, because of how BORING the game becomes. It's almost no longer an action game, you just stop there and keep pushing the mouse button until the single random yellow mob dies, SOME 3 MINUTES LATER! Or have to run of annoying ones that just refuse to die because of regeneration.

It becomes a patience game, it's awful.

Have you tried using frost bomb to counter mob hp regeneration? Use it next time.
Congratz for making tanky character in campaign. You know you could build it with more "action" and not losing toughness?

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 9:14:43 PM
"
Have you tried using frost bomb...

There's more than frost bomb to negate mob regen. All for very specific builds, should we just play those and forget the rest of the game to solve the problem...? Should all tank builds use frost bomb now...?

Of course, it also doesn't solve the problem, if the mob takes 2 and a half instead of 3 minutes to kill. It's still no longer an action game, as in, action rpg.

Even if it worked; if the game works with compulsory specific items instead of optional ones, it's no longer an arpg. It's a LINEAR action game.
"
mrhouston wrote:
"
Have you tried using frost bomb...

There's more than frost bomb to negate mob regen. All for very specific builds, should we just play those and forget the rest of the game to solve the problem...? Should all tank builds use frost bomb now...?

Of course, it also doesn't solve the problem, if the mob takes 2 and a half instead of 3 minutes to kill. It's still no longer an action game, as in, action rpg.

Even if it worked; if the game works with compulsory specific items instead of optional ones, it's no longer an arpg. It's a LINEAR action game.

Well, then use them next time (and yes frost bomb can be used by any build, even tank builds). You can upgrade your gear in acts, check vendors between quests.

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 10:16:29 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:

EDIT: oh, you don't play league, so race party/solo in trade does bother you why?

No, racing doesn't bother me, it just one of many illustrations how fair play is a lie here, and those who defend exp penalty mostly appear exactly to fair play.

Another hint to GGG about modern design practices: custom difficulty level, where you can toggle mechanics on/off, and every choice in favor of more difficulty gives you some passive bonus. For example, playing with exp penalty gives %increased exp for those who are really into this kind of challenge.

It is not like entire poe game is bad, there are several archaic mechanics that spoil the experience, and the sales.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

No, racing doesn't bother me, it just one of many illustrations how fair play is a lie here, and those who defend exp penalty mostly appear exactly to fair play.

Another hint to GGG about modern design practices: custom difficulty level, where you can toggle mechanics on/off, and every choice in favor of more difficulty gives you some passive bonus. For example, playing with exp penalty gives %increased exp for those who are really into this kind of challenge.

It is not like entire poe game is bad, there are several archaic mechanics that spoil the experience, and the sales.

You're angry that people play in a party in trade league? You know you can start racing in SSF?

"

If you think frost bomb solves this, I probably know more of this game than you; I'd appreciate if you stop the condescending...
"
mrhouston wrote:
"

If you think frost bomb solves this, I probably know more of this game than you; I'd appreciate if you stop the condescending...

it is not what someone thinks, it is what the gem does, it is written there. It is a self imposed problem you created and refuse to solve.

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 10:25:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info