WHY PUNISH PEOPLE FOR DYING?

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Because in my opinion this would make the game worse. Zombify level 100? No thanks.

Worse to who? You should specify. It's tell nothing.

no one. it would make it better. some people just dont wants casuals to reach lvl 100 for once. these are the same people who hated affliction league because casuals were rich for once.

You know you could get it by playing the game and paying attention? Why do you think you should get it for free?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

You know you could get it by playing the game and paying attention? Why do you think you should get it for free?

no its impossible for regular players to solo to 100. i only seen streamers do it. this league on top of capped ele resists i have 80% chaos res,more than whats required. it doesnt help. last league i had 100% spell suppress. it didnt help. the game is designed so people fail no matter what they do.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

no its impossible for regular players to solo to 100. i only seen streamers do it. this league on top of capped ele resists i have 80% chaos res,more than whats required. it doesnt help. last league i had 100% spell suppress. it didnt help. the game is designed so people fail no matter what they do.

It is possible, I did it solo on multiple occasions, and I'm not a streamer, also plenty of people get there in hc. Resists are basic def, you can't expect them to be the only defense layer - because with just this, you will surely die. Work on your build and on your skills, one day you will get it and it will feel great. Omens will help by a lot.

If you have problems with your build you can as in Help section about tips how to improve your build.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 15, 2024, 9:03:37 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

It is possible, I did it solo on multiple occasions, and I'm not a streamer, also plenty of people get there in hc. Resists are basic def, you can't expect them to be the only defense layer - because with just this, you will surely die. Work on your build and on your skills, one day you will get it and it will feel great. Omens will help by a lot.

If you have problems with your build you can as in Help section about tips how to improve your build.

there is nothing wrong with my build. typical answer from you. my point was that the game is purposely designed this way. i'm lvl 97 now and i could reach this but 100 is not possible unless i play like a turtle and run blue maps or some other way that is not fun.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

there is nothing wrong with my build. typical answer from you. my point was that the game is purposely designed this way. i'm lvl 97 now and i could reach this but 100 is not possible unless i play like a turtle and run blue maps or some other way that is not fun.

If nothing would be wrong with your build, you wouldn't be having problems with getting to level 100 on rare t16. But if reaching 100 is not fun, then don't get level 100, you don't need to have it, but at the same time, why would you ask to get it for free?

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 15, 2024, 9:12:58 AM
Last edited by sownice on Aug 16, 2024, 1:00:06 PM
i think the biggest thing is that the devs are worried if people reach lvl 100 they would just quit the league so they try to make sure it doesnt happen often,unless the person puts in tremendous effort.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Aug 15, 2024, 9:34:23 AM
"
sownice wrote:
Good advice is expensive.

A discussion with people who are highly addicted to gambling is useless, the poor stricken ones are trapped in their bubble.

The XP penalty has only one reason.

Gambling addiction, gambling addicts want their loss back, it's always been that way, loss doesn't always have to be money, but the loss is the same.

Nobody likes to lose something that they have invested a lot of time in.

In addition, all the oneshots in the game use exactly this trigger.

Except playing PoE isn't a lottery and even suggesting that dying is like that just shows a complete lack of game knowledge.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Using yourself as an argument when you have 40 challenges in like 20 leagues and 15 level 100 characters. Yeah i don´t think you understand how much you are proving his point instead of disproving it. You no life the game, unlike most of the poe players that find the xp loss problematic with how terrible the deaths are at being communicated properly to the player.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i think the biggest thing is that the devs are worried if people reach lvl 100 they would just quit the league so they try to make sure it doesnt happen often,unless the person puts in tremendous effort.

Thing is, people 100% quit more often cause they lose progression on their levels, that could have given them those small incremental upgrades from an extra jewel socket, some extra life or dmg. There is legit 0 people that quit just cause they hit level 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info