WHY PUNISH PEOPLE FOR DYING?

"
mrhouston wrote:
"
Of course, it also doesn't solve the problem, if the mob takes 2 and a half instead of 3 minutes to kill. It's still no longer an action game, as in, action rpg.

Even if it worked; if the game works with compulsory specific items instead of optional ones, it's no longer an arpg. It's a LINEAR action game.

If you think frost bomb solves this, I probably know more of this game than you; I'd appreciate if you stop the condescending...

? Frost bomb does solve it

Enough DPS + frost bomb = dead rare.

If you don't have enough DPS well that's a build issue.

I'm a tanky char you don't see me complaining now do you?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 11, 2024, 10:28:08 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:

You're angry that people play in a party in trade league? You know you can start racing in SSF?

No, I am annoyed I have to build things I don't like (outside of any race modes) if I wish to avoid eating exp penalty. Community progress concerns are valid for trading economy, while experience is a personal stat that shouldn't be so strictly enforced.

As said before, there were always ways to cheese exp penalty anyway, and bet those who brag how they brave the penalty use those ways, such as aurabot party and TFT rota services. It is their own business if they reach 100 in 23 hours, but no one benefits if other players abandon game at the same time because of penalty, neither elite players who need market audience, nor devs who need sales.

And if you want penalty to stay just because it pleases you to know how many others "fail" where you've "succeeded", that is not healthy at all, and certainly not a design argument.
Nomancs, I used frost bomb for years, ffs, I know what it does.

It doesn't solve the problem, the problem is not just regeneration. And it creates another problem of compulsory use of specific things, killing variety and making the game LINEAR, for the third and last time. If you continue insisting in escaping the subject, I'm done here, sorry.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

You're angry that people play in a party in trade league? You know you can start racing in SSF?

No, I am annoyed I have to build things I don't like (outside of any race modes) if I wish to avoid eating exp penalty. Community progress concerns are valid for trading economy, while experience is a personal stat that shouldn't be so strictly enforced.

If you're annoyed that you supposed to get some defense for your build in arpg, then it is an unsolvable problem in my opinion.

"
Echothesis wrote:

but no one benefits if other players abandon game at the same time because of penalty, neither elite players who need market audience, nor devs who need sales.

Well, game is fine after over 10 years, so it works fine. Some people would leave if game would be way easier, so I don't know how you fail to notice it - plenty of people don't want to touch diablo because of that.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 10:39:18 PM
"
mrhouston wrote:
Nomancs, I used frost bomb for years, ffs, I know what it does.

It doesn't solve the problem, the problem is not just regeneration. And it creates another problem of compulsory use of specific things, killing variety and making the game LINEAR, for the third and last time. If you continue insisting in escaping the subject, I'm done here, sorry.

But you have plenty of solutions, especially in campaign, like frost bomb, better build, getting a better equipment, weapon, gem level - it was a campaign mob. There was plenty of solutions, and they do solve the problem.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 10:42:44 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:

If you're annoyed that you supposed to get some defense for your build in arpg, then it is an unsolvable problem in my opinion.

"
Echothesis wrote:

but no one benefits if other players abandon game at the same time because of penalty, neither elite players who need market audience, nor devs who need sales.

Well, game is fine after over 10 years, so it works fine. Some people would leave if game would be way easier, so I don't know how you fail to notice it - plenty of people don't want to touch diablo because of that.

Agreed, but "some defense" is vast understatement, you know that. Back to original point: you need to start building around defenses and check all immunity boxes, and then use remaining character space for dps. This is where build disparity comes into view, if a skill you like to look at doesn't work without heavy investment, you are out of luck.

And as another user mentioned here, even most efficient build won't save you forever, hardcore players (who supposed to be the experts on this) still die routinely, "after over 10 years".
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

"
Echothesis wrote:

Agreed, but "some defense" is vast understatement, you know that. Back to original point: you need to start building around defenses and check all immunity boxes, and then use remaining character space for dps. This is where build disparity comes into view, if a skill you like to look at doesn't work without heavy investment, you are out of luck.

And as another user mentioned here, even most efficient build won't save you forever, hardcore players (who supposed to be the experts on this) still die routinely, "after over 10 years".

"Some defense" is about enough. And no, you don't need to check "all immunity boxes", and you don't need huge investment. All rares I am wearing are self found self crafted. I don't even need to cap spell suppression because of how easy t17 are now, lol :D I think you haven't played the game for a very long time :) Maybe this is the reason of those misconceptions.

EDIT: and there are unkillable builds, especially on standard ;)

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 10:57:46 PM
Okay, I'd be very grateful if you told me how to get serious phys damage mitigation on a top-right side of the tree characters, without sacrificing your chest slot for lightning coil or such. If I have to use several items to shift phys damage to chaos or elemental, this is hardly "some side investment".
There are solutions and they all end in a patience game, no longer an action game, which is the issue, Nomancs. BESIDES making compulsory use of things, destroying variety.
"
It becomes a patience game, it's awful.

The problem is: it's BORING. No exp penalty is the actual solution.

So that we can have FUN experimenting creative builds, mixing archetypes, learning by ourselves instead of copying things done by a community, instead of ourselves.

The "harder" -actually time consuming- they try to make the game, the more people decide to play it by easy linear copy-paste. A mere action game.
Last edited by mrhouston on Aug 11, 2024, 11:01:41 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
Okay, I'd be very grateful if you told me how to get serious phys damage mitigation on a top-right side of the tree characters, without sacrificing your chest slot for lightning coil or such. If I have to use several items to shift phys damage to chaos or elemental, this is hardly "some side investment".

So you're asking how to get phys mitigation without using phys mitigation? is this your trap of some sort? :P
Simplest answer: endurance charge will give you reduced phys dmg taken. Tbh if you have 3k life pool, any extra life will probably increased your "phys hit" survivability by a tone. Will it fix your specific build, because I assume you have one in mind - no idea. You wanted an example, you got it ;)

If you want complex help with a very specific build or specific layers:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-discussion

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 11, 2024, 11:20:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info