Are YOU still playing this league?

"
Darkel_ wrote:
Game became literally unplayable, incredibly high lag spikes, tried everything, clearing cache, fullscreen/windowed/fullscreen windowed, vulkan, etc etc. Fullscreen was working for a day or so then it was all the same, ruined the game for me

HERE, HERE!

Been dealing with unplayable lag spikes off both Washington and Texas servers for a month now. I have a strong cable connection (business class) no packet loss until I reach GGG's routing servers, then BOOM... spikes as high as 1k-2k causing multiple deaths, game crashes, etc.

To log into Texas from Florida and have a ping of >120 sustained is a MASSIVE issue, right GGG? I could drive to Texas faster than my packets can travel sometimes. There are numerous complaints on the tech forms about this... No response or discussion from GGG.

Game is broken both in theory and in practice...

-Chitlins
**** I Started the "HERE HERE" Movement

Pulled like 1.3k chaos out of a single Vaal Temple today. I think I have never played a league where you could do so many different strategies and be successful with them. Still such a banger of a league!

Playing some Grim Dawn on the side though. Friday we saw the launch of the new Community Season #6, which is a mod with an online community. Tons of fun!
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
One of worst leagues ever.

T17 is mandatory to gain some currency during mapping since on t16 you can only count on your luck (or like me 0 of it) or farm harvest/essence which is for people who doesnt care that they are doing same thing for whole league.

Veiled orb (od veiled chaos orb) change is tragic, I wont even continue.

Scarab rework on paper was looking good but later on it is worse that it was you can't farm 2 mechanics at the same time anymore.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Pulled like 1.3k chaos out of a single Vaal Temple today

hush, not that others start to accuse you for abusing your streamer client!
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Pulled like 1.3k chaos out of a single Vaal Temple today

hush, not that others start to accuse you for abusing your streamer client!

No they'd only do that if I started flexing my

(ethical hc ssf btw hoho)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 6, 2024, 6:47:41 PM
"
kyobusa wrote:
Just curious about players that use this forum and may/may not still be playing this league for any reason.

If you're still playing it: having fun, challenges/achievements, trying out new things, or not much else going on?

If done/stopped playing: finished with what you wanted to do, boredom/hatred, not having fun?

I'm not really playing anymore due to to fubar economy caused by endless exploits. I might still do some testing for next leagues builds, but this has just not been a fun league for me IMO.

I know this was the league to get a cheap HH and other items like that, but it feels like you didn't earn it. I don't want to get this stuff because it was exploited, I want to get them because I was successful enough to earn them.

It's like using cheat codes, you don't get the feeling of accomplishment because you were never actually good enough to be at that level. So why do them? IDK maybe it's my generation, but even my kids said the same thing. I hope it's because I raised them to work for what they earn and that taking handouts is not a good way to get things. In the end though this league has been the least satisfying and most disheartening of any I have participated in. All of my early investments turned to dust due to fubar economy and that really got under my skin.

GGG in the past said the economy was the most important thing in the game, but this league left me feeling like that's either not true at all, or some major changes in principles have happened in management.
Last edited by Valkaneer on May 6, 2024, 11:05:42 PM
Yes.

I enjoy RF build. and wanna see how far i can get with it.
Last edited by de99ial on May 7, 2024, 12:22:13 AM
"
O_Szerox wrote:
One of worst leagues ever.

T17 is mandatory to gain some currency during mapping since on t16 you can only count on your luck (or like me 0 of it) or farm harvest/essence which is for people who doesnt care that they are doing same thing for whole league.

Veiled orb (od veiled chaos orb) change is tragic, I wont even continue.

Scarab rework on paper was looking good but later on it is worse that it was you can't farm 2 mechanics at the same time anymore.

This is a good example og how "optimization strats" kill video games for some players.

You can earn TONS of currency running T16 maps - with tons of different strats. Is it optimal compared to T17's? No, but it's still more than enough to economically progress.

You can run more than one mechanic. Is it more optimal to specialize in one? Often yes, but there are tons of strats out there that combine two strats, be that ambush+domination for farming devoted/allflames, pack/influence/domination to farm altars and so on.

I get it; seeing the results in juiced T17's is demotivating. But acting like the rest of the game is barren is just factually wrong.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
No, quit after a week.
Not because of league mechanic, just think core changes are awful and killed the fun for me, so not looking promising for 3.25
Last edited by Rikku on May 7, 2024, 3:31:20 AM
Yep. League is still fun, there are plenty of builds I want to try, but it definitely took a backseat now with season 6 of grim dawn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info