GGG what's the point of having any stats in the game if they don't do anything?

that Mind over Matter - check the Timeless jewel in the guide. i suspect it is taken not for MoM but for a converted keystone (for flask uptime or more damage per Power Charge or max chaos res - dont know the build to guess here)

there is no reason to pick MoM on a low life build, esp with just ~200 life. you could rationalize it for 50/50 life/ES damage and stuff, but again - not with just 200 life

check the guide again, look for timeless jewel (Glorious Vanity, Lethal Pride etc)
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Mind over matter only applies to damage taken from life, ES comes before life so as long as you have energy shield MoM is doing absolutely nothing for your build, neither positive nor negative. It only comes into effect once your energy shield is down to zero and you take damage to that 2xx life pool of yours at which point MoM is unlikely to save you. Chaos damage hit's your mana pool directly so MoM isn't going to do anything here either.

It has nothing to do with you dying, it's just a wasted passive point, no more no less.

So technically because damage is taken from my Energy shield first (and not life) nothing really happens. As you say, a wasted passive point.

It's sad to see that it doesn't work for ES too though because most (if not all) mana builds will go low life and reserve their life to keep their mana pool free of reservation and scale their damage. Such as massive mana pool would also provide quite some defense if it would work.
"
sidtherat wrote:
that Mind over Matter - check the Timeless jewel in the guide. i suspect it is taken not for MoM but for a converted keystone (for flask uptime or more damage per Power Charge or max chaos res - dont know the build to guess here)

there is no reason to pick MoM on a low life build, esp with just ~200 life. you could rationalize it for 50/50 life/ES damage and stuff, but again - not with just 200 life

check the guide again, look for timeless jewel (Glorious Vanity, Lethal Pride etc)

Nowp, I believe it's an honest mistake of the creator not removing it. Also my mistake for not seeing it though.

It could serve that purpose on some other variants or similar builds though... For "my build" the better timesless jewel slot for is right above the witch starting point... for scaling some extra strength, since we take the most points in that area.

That said though, The Adorned is by far a better option these days to scale stat stacking... together with corrupted magic jewels in all sockets. Even dropping some other nodes for more sockets...
if this is the guide by Connor/oneManaLeft - he doesnt make such mistakes. check again. if this is some other creator - maybe but i find it very unlikely that guide has not been updated yet

this place is perfect for timeless jewel as it does not 'break' good nodes - ive used it in this place for both Traitor (flask uptime) and Supreme Decadence (to make life flask heal ES - this is very strong mechanic that is not popular - both on Ivory Tower builds (most of these builds are very similar..)
"
FutureFear wrote:
though because most (if not all) mana builds will go low life and reserve their life to keep their mana pool free of reservation and scale their damage.

Out of curiosity, do you have any information at hand to back up that claim? Because if i made a manastacker then going ES would definetely not be my first choice. We can't sort poe ninja by mana unfortunately but if we assume that mana stackers use archemage then only 34% of archemage builds use ivory tower which is neither all nor most...

I am honestly not convinced that making MoM work with ES builds wouldn't end in a complete balance disaster...
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
FutureFear wrote:
though because most (if not all) mana builds will go low life and reserve their life to keep their mana pool free of reservation and scale their damage.

Out of curiosity, do you have any information at hand to back up that claim? Because if i made a manastacker then going ES would definetely not be my first choice. We can't sort poe ninja by mana unfortunately but if we assume that mana stackers use archemage then only 34% of archemage builds use ivory tower which is neither all nor most...

I am honestly not convinced that making MoM work with ES builds wouldn't end in a complete balance disaster...

I think it depends on what we define as a mana stacking build...

For me that would be at least 10K (or more) mana and most likely using Indigon and archmage, probably also a hierophant as ascendancy.

I'm sure not everyone will agree, and quite sure some others might be using mana stacking in different ways. If those builds perform, I don't know.

Indigon however, is a a typical unique item where you want your mana pool to be big enough... given how it scales with mana spend and it's flawless interaction with archmage. The idea here is to keep your "indigon stacks" at an all time high to always get 2000% increased spell damage.
To do that, we need auras -> thus reserve them on our life and go low life -> thus need energy shield to well survive...

I simply search for builds using indigon on a hierophant on poeninja to get the desired result of mana stacking builds... there is your proof.

"
sidtherat wrote:
if this is the guide by Connor/oneManaLeft - he doesnt make such mistakes. check again. if this is some other creator - maybe but i find it very unlikely that guide has not been updated yet

this place is perfect for timeless jewel as it does not 'break' good nodes - ive used it in this place for both Traitor (flask uptime) and Supreme Decadence (to make life flask heal ES - this is very strong mechanic that is not popular - both on Ivory Tower builds (most of these builds are very similar..)

Yes I'm following Connor's guide and you are right, he did not make that mistake. It was entirely mine tbh, I just forgot to respec that keystone changing from my act's and early maps build once I had Mjölnir and went low life. It happens...

I'm sure the jewel socket and keystone can be used for the things you point out. Probably not the best upgrade I can do at this stage of the build with the limited currency I have...

"
FutureFear wrote:

No one playing Cast on stun... so a chieftain DD cast on stun isn't a thing with Immutable Force... I wonder what I played last league then..? O.o

I know this is quite old, but this one is confusing. You say you played that build, then you should know how it works, so what is the complain here? This build doesn't care if monsters are stun immune or not. Remember that the support is called "cast when stunned" not "cast on stun".
> Fixed a bug which allowed the Bestiary craft using The Black Morrigan Recipe to not respect item socket rules.

This company can't get any worse.
Oneshot are oneshots

Doesn't matter how much of anythng you have - there is not possible to get 100% physical or magical damage reduction, 100% chance to evade or block.

But yeah, t17 bosses have crazy overwhelming mechs and shtton of damage.
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on May 26, 2024, 7:57:05 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Oneshot are oneshots

Doesn't matter how much of anythng you have - there is not possible to get 100% physical or magical damage reduction, 100% chance to evade or block.

But yeah, t17 bosses have crazy overwhelming mechs and shtton of damage.

Oneshots are oneshots when you fail to build defences properly / stack mechanics that will get you killed. A large part of playing Path of Exile is game knowledge and risk management, but I guess I don't need to tell someone playing paper defences
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info