Buff difficulty of regular content

would it really make a difference for you if they made it a bit more difficult? you would still finish everything after 2 weeks but other players would get slowed down too much.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
would it really make a difference for you if they made it a bit more difficult? you would still finish everything after 2 weeks but other players would get slowed down too much.
I hope it would (and it will if they buff difficulty significantly), thats why I created this topic. I like to get rewarded for hard work, not to get participation trophy that is equal for everyone.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 30, 2023, 2:54:41 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Again, it is like asking for an easy mode to dark souls or robots and space ships to Lord of the Rings. Totaly oposite to what was advertised to me. If you want to talk about it, make a topic about it. I want GGG to stick to hard game vision.
If you dont want to explain it (why you are against an easy mode) just say so. And my comment was in respect to your topic - it clearly belongs here into this thread. If you dont understand why again: That way they give the players that dont want the game harder what they want. Just as they "promised" you a hard game they "promised" those players an easy game. It opens the possibility for making the "normal" SC trade mode harder. For some reason however this seems to bother you? From my POV you are totally out of line here like "give me what I want and deny others that have similar stake/right as you what they want".
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Yes, if Dark Souls analogy is not enough than maybe someone else could explain it better because I run out of metaphores. I want (as it is popular expression lately) for the game to respect my time and effort, not te be almost an idle clicker (edit: especially in white, yellow and red nowhisp maps in first days of new league)

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 30, 2023, 3:16:09 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
I want (as it is popular expression lately) for the game to respect my time and effort, not te be almost an idle clicker.
And it would only be an "idle clicker" if you would pick the easy mode. So if you would pick the normal mode (which would be harder than what it is now) it would be less of an "idle clicker" than now. So clearly a win in terms of "respecting your time".
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
I want (as it is popular expression lately) for the game to respect my time and effort, not te be almost an idle clicker.
And it would only be an "idle clicker" if you would pick the easy mode. So if you would pick the normal mode (which would be harder than what it is now) it would be less of an "idle clicker" than now. So clearly a win in terms of "respecting your time".

It is already close to an idle clicker so I hope GGG will buff the difficulty of the core game.

Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 30, 2023, 3:29:30 AM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Y'all are too wealthy and are completely detached from what most players can afford to run. It's easy for you to make red maps or T14+ maps feel trivial when it's easy for you to get hundreds of divines, which is something I strongly doubt most players can do.

Not to call out the OP or anything, but my dude, you're 40/40 and one of the challenges is beating uber bosses, content which needs a massively overpowered (and equally expensive) build to complete. We shouldn't be making the game unnecessarily more difficult just to appeal to bored elites. :P

Yeah this is pretty deluded. The game is not even in the ballpark of being balanced enough to get an across the board difficulty increase because the difficulty as it is makes no sense and is complete random.

People that do nothing but play and theorycraft this game all day every day get RIP'd back to standard all the time because they lose the diceroll on a gigarare spawning with the right multipliers to delete them.

If anyone thinks the game is too easy then I think its time they move onto another game. They've simply beaten POE and we are all proud.
Begging gamers to understand that when you’ve mastered a game you’re allowed to move on with your life.

If they make the game hard enough that the players who have already mastered the highest peaks are challenged all the way through, it will alienate countless average players.

And for what benefit? You’re clearly not deterred from playing all the way to 40/40; your engagement doesn’t really seem to be at risk. Seems like a bad trade.

If you aren’t going to move from the easy mode to the harder modes that already exist, then your suggestions should at least be about other optional modes (or I guess some kind of dynamic/variable scaling that works for everyone). Just making the entire game significantly harder is not reasonable
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Dec 30, 2023, 5:05:23 AM
Nothing stops you to make your own private league with additional modifiers if you want an increase in difficulty.

Also the game is not easier than in 2013. If you would play your crazy build in 2013, the game would have been cakewalk. Back then people played simple fireball witch builds or dual strike duelists. There were not many op builds discovered.

You want it harder? Play an oldschool simple build and let see then how far you get. You got a lot of personal control on difficulty, yet you do not seem to take that into account. You want the entire bar raised to YOUR level which is pretty selfish in itself.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 30, 2023, 3:56:18 AM
That was back before 90% of playstyles were target nerfed until you needed a spreadsheet of breakpoints for whatever mechanic you're trying to abuse to eek out a build that's serviceable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info