Buff difficulty of regular content

But I don't need wealth to make gear, excluding uniques and ring it took me maybe 3 divs worth of stuff to craft it to farm t16s(not counting implicits as those cost me quite a bit of eldritch orbs). I was able to skip to red maps even with molten strike juggernaut, any reasonable build can do that.

Should my opinion be invalid because I know how to play? I play PoE because it supposed to be hard, and I hope it still will be. There are other games that cater to slower/less skilled players, but not many if any other than PoE that cater to people who want hard arpg.

EDIT: I was playing not long ago melee, my own molten strike jugg. Was farming ubers with it.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 28, 2023, 10:16:19 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
But I don't need wealth to make gear, excluding uniques and ring it took me maybe 3 divs worth of stuff to craft it to farm t16s(not counting implicits as those cost me quite a bit of eldritch orbs). I was able to skip to red maps even with molten strike juggernaut, any reasonable build can do that.

Should my opinion be invalid because I know how to play? I play PoE because it supposed to be hard, and I hope it still will be. There are other games that cater to slower/less skilled players, but not many if any other than PoE that cater to people who want hard arpg.

If everyone else, or at least the vast majority of them, were all capable of reaching the same level of power as you within a quick span of time, you'd have a point. However, this is simply not the case. Path of Exile isn't, nor should it be, balanced around the small handful of players who know the game well enough that they can complete the whole league barely a couple weeks after launching.

I think it's more than fair to say you've exceeded the game's expectations and have well and truly beaten it. Instead of making it harder for everyone else who hasn't for no reason, you should try ruthless where GGG made a much more challenging version. And if you should somehow trivialize that too, then you could ask them to make ruthless harder.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I started the league with self cast soulrend, which is under 0.1% skill usage on the ladder and would be even lower if all builds were counted.

I killed the pinnacle bosses, filled in my Atlas, and was clearing T16 Ultimata on less then 10 divines (most of which was a 6L Shavs, which are already much cheaper than when I bought mine).

You don't have to follow a guide or chase the meta or grind currency for ten hours a day to succeed in this game. You just have to know what you're doing.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
If everyone else, or at least the vast majority of them, were all capable of reaching the same level of power as you within a quick span of time, you'd have a point. However, this is simply not the case. Path of Exile isn't, nor should it be, balanced around the small handful of players who know the game well enough that they can complete the whole league barely a couple weeks after launching.

I think it's more than fair to say you've exceeded the game's expectations and have well and truly beaten it. Instead of making it harder for everyone else who hasn't for no reason, you should try ruthless where GGG made a much more challenging version. And if you should somehow trivialize that too, then you could ask them to make ruthless harder.

Telling people to go play Ruthless is like telling a formula 1 driver to take part in soapbox derbies (and I say this as someone who actually spent a lot of time playing Ruthless).
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Anything done to make the game consistently challenging for the top percentage of players should only be implemented as an option.
It is just disingenuous to say that when ruthless mode exists, unless you now think that's too hard for your taste. There's nothing wrong with only play softcore, i also do that and i died countless times, but the real elites are those in ruthless or at least hardcore/ssf if "game is too easy" is your real, actual complaint.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Telling people to go play Ruthless is like telling a formula 1 driver to take part in soapbox derbies (and I say this as someone who actually spent a lot of time playing Ruthless).

I don't have any similar analogies to counter with, but it's honestly no different than wanting to force a needlessly harder game on everyone else who aren't trivializing it, and may even be struggling currently.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
game is too easy and yet i dont see you play ssf viper strike...

Would disagree, this would turn more players away than the game already does. People struggle with all sorts of progression but they made ubers specifically for high end farming.

Ask for more ceiling rather than buff the entire game. We are long overdue for something other than just the ubers.

I'd say the vast majority of players are not on your level of play. As for your gear... that was not "3 divs worth"

Unless you want to tell me you found:

Bottled faith
All 4 awakened supports just for SRS alone; two of them level 6
Darkness enthroned 2% from being perfect
+10 Amanamu's...

I could go on but this build of yours is not "only 3 divs huhuhuhuhuhu"

This is an end game srs build with HEAVY investment.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"

I'd say the vast majority of players are not on your level of play. As for your gear... that was not "3 divs worth"

Unless you want to tell me you found:

Bottled faith
All 4 awakened supports just for SRS alone; two of them level 6
Darkness enthroned 2% from being perfect
+10 Amanamu's...

I could go on but this build of yours is not "only 3 divs huhuhuhuhuhu"

This is an end game srs build with HEAVY investment.

You misunderstood
"
Nomancs wrote:

excluding uniques and ring it took me maybe 3 divs worth of stuff to craft it to farm t16s (not counting implicits as those cost me quite a bit of eldritch orbs).

I'm speaking only about crafting rare items and those were sufficient to farm t16s. Awa gems were after I started farming t16s.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Dec 28, 2023, 11:34:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info