Buff difficulty of regular content

"
Chickenwink wrote:

This is an end game srs build with HEAVY investment.

Meanwhile the sad reality is that day one or even 12h in random floor gear is good enough to fully destroy t16 content along all the boss content. Even Ubers are getting destroyed on bare minimum budget stuff in the current state of the game.

Or do you actually think that you need giga endgame gear, awakened gems and what not to play/finish t16 and all the games content? If so you're doing something wrong in one or another way.

I highly doubt that anything is going to happen with PoE2 being out somewhat soon but they should definitely buff content or get rid of the insane power creep. Going to end up with the same results both ways.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
same level of power as you

Dude, he's playing the easiest mode in this game: softcore with fresh economy and complaining the game is easy. Don't you find this absurdic?

"
Buff difficulty of regular content

Every time they have done this it leads to the meltdown of a lot of players who scream bloody murder and send death threats to the staff.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
This is a very difficult question and I suspect buffing regular content isn't the answer due to the scale of differences between invested X and invested Y.

PoE is a game about knowledge and always has been, the more you have the faster you get anything done and all of the refined and optimised tools present only expedite that.

Put another way if it took experienced SC trade players longer than a day to unlock everything your game is probably completely unreachable by newer players unless the skill and knowledge ceiling were lowered to barely above the floor.

Edit: I don't really have my own answer to this which is why i've not chucked one in, I solve it myself by playing HC and limiting how much I will spend on a build but I know perfectly that it isn't fun to play like that for many (including me on most other things). We want the sandbox rules to support what is fun for us out of the gate.

Edit2: Strongest suspicion for a while is they have abandoned any attempt to balance difficulty in PoE1 which is why we are unbelievably fast now, get in-league power creep and why we haven't had any new endgame. The game just doesn't support it anymore as an investment tbh.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Dec 29, 2023, 3:28:47 AM
Plays overpowered build, complains game is too easy ....

These so called 'good' players with noob pvp skills.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Guys don't feed the troll. All of you jumping at it is 90% of the reason he even made this topic.
they already did recently!
Let us see that 40/40 SSF, HC or SSFHC next league then let’s talk about the game being too easy.
Last edited by cacmeister on Dec 29, 2023, 11:54:12 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Once again powercreep bring us to a point where regular content and old leagues are way too easy. It is about time to balance game out and buff monsters in campaign and maps, so it will be closer to league difficulty. It is boring when we finish campaign and can nuke red maps instantly.
Would be ok if they add an easy mode. Otherwise I dont think it would be right to make the easiest mode (which is already too hard for many) harder. Those who want it harder can play a harder mode already. But those who want it easier cant do anything. And the game is unfortunately designed so that a large part of the varied content is beyond T16 maps so you kind of need to be able to get there. And they should reduce loot by 99+%.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Dec 29, 2023, 9:48:29 PM
"
cacmeister wrote:
Let us see that 40/40 SSF, HC or SSFHC next league then let’s talk about the game being too easy.

People still think that hc is a harder mode? Or even ssf? Damn

Be fun to have gauntlet mods enabled at any time for hc to make it actually harder, and not just heavily build limiting and repetitive like it is in the current state. Hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Dec 29, 2023, 10:38:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info