Buff difficulty of regular content

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
exsea wrote:
to me, i actually like giving players a choice. if OP worded it in a way that says "i wish ggg gave players an option to make the campaign mobs more difficult" i would be perfectly fine with that.

players can opt in and find the game more challenging (but without any additional loot/xp rewards)

players who dont, dont need to opt in.

Can be more dedicated/special mtx rewards, but probably bad players will complain they can’t get them easly. But again, this would split community between game modes. Regular content in basic game tho can be adjusted after leagues of power creep. It is about time for it.

we dont get any special mtx rewards for playing ssf/hardcore, so i dont see a reason why opting into a harder campaign mode should warrant extra rewards.

if we're talking campaign specifically, it shouldn't split player base too much as you still end up in the same end game with other players.

the easiest implementation if this was an option is to make players who opt in cannot party with others until they complete the campaign.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
exsea wrote:
to me, i actually like giving players a choice. if OP worded it in a way that says "i wish ggg gave players an option to make the campaign mobs more difficult" i would be perfectly fine with that.

players can opt in and find the game more challenging (but without any additional loot/xp rewards)

players who dont, dont need to opt in.

Can be more dedicated/special mtx rewards, but probably bad players will complain they can’t get them easly. But again, this would split community between game modes. Regular content in basic game tho can be adjusted after leagues of power creep. It is about time for it.

we dont get any special mtx rewards for playing ssf/hardcore, so i dont see a reason why opting into a harder campaign mode should warrant extra rewards.

if we're talking campaign specifically, it shouldn't split player base too much as you still end up in the same end game with other players.

the easiest implementation if this was an option is to make players who opt in cannot party with others until they complete the campaign.

Easier option is just to balance mobs to compensate for growing player power.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
put them all in ruthless
give them poring hats and valkyrie helmets, i dont care, give them whatever mtx they want as long as it keeps them in the containment mode and they stop asking to make the only fun mode unfun
"
Nomancs wrote:

Easier option is just to balance mobs to compensate for growing player power.

this is dismissing the weaker players and any potential newer players.

you are asking for the game to be changed in a way that would benefit fewer players and could potentially drive away interest from the game.

if we're going that direction, i would actually go from the other side. make the end game content easier but nerf numbers gamewide.

with lower numbers, damage multipliers result in lower numbers. this could potentially make the early game harder for you while keeping the gap between a very efficient player vs a newbie less wide.

this way players have a more consistent experience from beginning to end which technically achieves the same thing that you're asking for but without alienating the weaker players.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

you are asking for the game to be changed in a way that would benefit fewer players and could potentially drive away interest from the game.

You do forget the point that the "weaker" and "potential newer" players already make the minority of the player base.
They did survived the harder difficulty leagues ago and it wouldn't be any different now.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

You do forget the point that the "weaker" and "potential newer" players already make the minority of the player base.
They did survived the harder difficulty leagues ago and it wouldn't be any different now.

lol you know what? you're right. and i actually dont care enough about POE1 anymore.

ggg can make POE1 as tough as hell and have minimal new players trying out the game.

and with less players poe1 would in turn gain less revenue which leads to it getting less temp league content or new content.

which is good. since that means ggg can focus their efforts on poe 2 :D
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

and with less players poe1 would in turn gain less revenue which leads to it getting less temp league content or new content.

That's the good part of a consistent player base with mostly the same amount of players returning with each league or leagues.
Or bad games like D4 brining new lasting and adventures players into PoE or even LE.

Revenue is sure not a problem giving that they work on two games since a couple of years with only one game earning more than enough to keep development for both games up and running :)

But you and others who claim to not "care" clearly still care a lot, else you wouldn't include yourself into all the PoE1 related topics so often.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 12, 2024, 4:34:29 AM
I wholeheartedly support this sentiment. People who want to relax and take it easy have appropriate genres for that. Not every game needs to be piss easy, accessible, suitable for any and all audiences while also catering to the low effort, zoomer and instant gratification crowd.

More studios should adopt the Fromsoft mentality. Game too difficult? Have you tried getting good?

A little more agency and meaningful difficulty / engaging content is not too much to ask for.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Jul 12, 2024, 4:31:44 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

That's the good part of a consistent player base with mostly the same amount of players returning with each league or leagues.
Or bad games like D4 brining new lasting and adventures players into PoE or even LE.

Revenue is sure not a problem giving that they work on two games since a couple of years with only one game earning more than enough to keep development for both games up and running :)

But there's lots of yapping going on for someone who doesn't "care" enough anymore.
Clearly enough to keep you all busy and occupied with PoE topics and changes being part of your daily routine hoho

hmm how would i put it. i dont care what happens to helldivers 2 but i pretty sure would talk about it.

why? because its a game and gaming is part of my hobbies.

as for POE1. i spent a lot of time on POE1 and during that time i've been very active in POE forums. so the daily part is more of participating in forums. i like to talk a lot you see.. and i m pretty much sure you've seen. enough to know that i still post frequently even tho i no longer care about poe 1.

i dont expect you to follow me too closely so i ll just tell you that i only ever participate in conversations that i feel are things i can provide feedback on while not necessarily being part of the active playerbase.

i m more active on general/off topic subforum now and i try to keep my participation in the "POE1 feedback" forum minimal. tho once in a while spicy topics like this are just so juicy that i d take a couple of bites.

POE1 remains uninstalled. tho GGG could entice me to reinstall if at the very least made league content available on standard whenever a new league launches. even then thats just a huge if.

currently i m playing poe lite (TLI) kinda enjoying my time there. heck i would say i enjoy d4 more than poe1 at this point.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
POE1 remains uninstalled. tho GGG could entice me to reinstall if at the very least made league content available on standard whenever a new league launches. even then thats just a huge if.

Safe to say you'll not reinstall PoE1 then
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info