Buff difficulty of regular content

"
"
Nomancs wrote:

It is as valid argument as „if you want an easy game, go play d4” ;). Mobs in hc or ruthless are same as in softcore, exception is 1life in hc, so that changes nothing for me and a mode Im not interested in, so thanks, but I will stick with my suggestion to buff regular content to compensate for accumulating power creep.

Disagree full on the first point. So /dismiss.

If the options you're provided with in the alternate modes are too hard, then I don't know what to tell you. The devs are not going to skew the entire play balance toward the top 5% of the game.

Particularly when they have given you the ability to make the game insanely difficult.

I have no problem with adding more super hard content to those who elect to attempt it.

But I do not think we need further gates keeping people out. And I very much doubt that will happen. Whatever expensive and broken builds you've made the game "boring" for yourself with will never the baseline for game balance. (If anything, what you're playing will end up getting balanced).

Hardcore, Ruthless, Deep Delves, Uber Pinnacle Bosses and T-17's are a thing.

Or you should ask for new pinnacle content. Agitating to hurt others is simply trolling.

You’re mistaken, as both softcore and hardcore have same mobs and values, they’re equal in terms of content difficulty, difference is extra restriction in form of one life.
Majority of players hit red maps in first week, I would say 80-90%. When was the last time you leveled new toon? It is absurdaly easy and plenty of people skip early tiers, and then people hit t17 or league mechanics with a lot higher difficulty than previous content. You know why early content is so easy? power creep, that wasn’t adressed for many leagues. So hence this topic, to buff difficulty of old content to be more in line with endgame difficulty, so people gradually experience increasing difficulty instead of hitting t17 like now.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
SerialF wrote:

and what you re missing is the way ggg did the balance of the game. there is no difficulty to chose from for new / newer players. so game is balanced this way. campaign super easy, white maps fix your def ez, yellow a bit tougher but still feel empty cause no boss chasin, low red start to find a lot of defensive / offensive multipliers, t14-t16 know what you re doing

GGG havn’t done the balance for a long time, don’t remember when was the last big one (expedition maybe?) and power creep accumulated. We all were new players, we all have learned the game when it was a lot harder an more punishing (15% exp penalty, maps scarcity, and I mean real scarcity, not „I dont get multiple t17 from every map”) - new players were fine. This is a lot better experience and will prepare them better for endgame

"
SerialF wrote:
t14-t16 farming really know what you re doing, delirium, t17.

Sadly this is not true, they hit a wall, expecting things to be equally easy and we have plenty of proof on forum

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
it will prepare them to quit.
anyway, last time time they tried to add difficulty to campaign without adding two difficulty levels for it, they had to stop in the middle cause new players were quitting.
but maybe they ll get it some day. dont think so though they love the lame shortcuts like the recipe white weapon + rare belt + whitestone = 50% more damage compared to new players. lolol. those new players so bad lololol
Last edited by SerialF on Jul 13, 2024, 11:32:56 AM
"
SerialF wrote:
it will prepare them to quit.
anyway, last time time they tried to add difficulty to campaign without adding two difficulty levels for it, they had to stop in the middle cause new players were quitting.
but maybe they ll get it some day. dont think so though they love the lame shortcuts like the recipe white weapon + rare belt + whitestone = 50% more damage compared to new players. lolol. those new players so bad lololol

As far as I remember, they stopped improving acts because poe2 become a separate game, not because new players - do you have a link?

Such people quit anyway because suddenly content for them is too hard, and all they expected was a bit more customizable diablo4. Casualizing PoE further will make them compete for same audience as d4, and in that category other titles could win, so I think PoE could get more players by staying true to what it was before, a hard ARPG. Games, and entertainment, don’t have to cater to every audience group, else you end up with next avengers movie. Look ad Dark Souls, they’re not cattering to all possible people, but still doing fine, probably wouldn’t if they would follow your advice.

Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 13, 2024, 11:44:19 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Such people quit anyway because suddenly content for them is too hard, and all they expected was a bit more customizable diablo4. Casualizing PoE further will make them compete for same audience as d4, and in that category other titles could win, so I think PoE could get more players by staying true to what it was before, a hard ARPG. Games, and entertainment, don’t have to cater to every audience group, else you end up with next avengers movie. Look ad Dark Souls, they’re not cattering to all possible people, but still doing fine, probably wouldn’t if they would follow your advice.

"POE dont have to cater to every audience group, only to people like me."

More like stick to what they advertised and sticked to before, a hard ARPG, not another diablo casual level competitor. If you feel excluded, don’t lose hope, it is all about improving our skills.

"
Nomancs wrote:
More like stick to what they advertised and sticked to before, a hard ARPG, not another diablo casual level competitor. If you feel excluded, don’t lose hope, it is all about improving our skills.

Again with the hyperbole.

PoE1 has way too many mechanics and features that makes it deeper than Diablo 4 can ever hope to achieve. For PoE to even come close to that level of casual appeal, GGG would have to completely change every fundamental aspect of the game, including outright removing of mechanics.

Rebalancing the game to make it appeal to more players who can't make 100+divs a day isn't going to turn it into a Diablo 4-like.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

PoE1 has way too many mechanics and features that makes it deeper than Diablo 4 can ever hope to achieve. For PoE to even come close to that level of casual appeal, GGG would have to completely change every fundamental aspect of the game, including outright removing of mechanics.

Rebalancing the game to make it appeal to more players who can't make 100+divs a day isn't going to turn it into a Diablo 4-like.

Comparing PoE now and PoE from 3-4 years ago, it is getting near casual level of d4. Not there yet, but heading towards it.

100divs/day? If your goal is to farm multiple mirrors in first two weeks it might be relevant. For a functional build? hell no, even 100 total is more than enough, except if you aim for mageblood for some reason.

Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 13, 2024, 12:52:54 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Comparing PoE now and PoE from 3-4 years ago, it is getting near casual level of d4. Not there yet, but heading towards it.

100divs/day? If your goal is to farm multiple mirrors in first two weeks it might be relevant. For a functional build? hell no, even 100 total is more than enough, except if you aim for mageblood for some reason.

Yeah bro, I'm sure D4 players are looking at the absolute jungle of a skill tree in this game and are going "oh yeah, that's exactly like the skill twig in my game". D4 players are looking at currency orbs and essences going "crafting is sooooo easy". They're looking at the gem system in determining their abilities and going "this just like d4 frfr".

And we didn't even cover things like having to put thought into Syndicate board, building a temple, blight tower placement, setting up Heist crew gear, etc.

You've never played D4 and it shows if you think PoE is becoming as casual as it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jul 13, 2024, 1:01:07 PM
I actually did, for free on game pass, and they indeed don’t have extra mechanics, or skills, but difficulty level of mobs, bosses - PoE is getting closer. At current rate, in next few leagues, I expect that level 100 could be achieved solo by majority of league players within days of league start, if nothing will be improved.

Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 13, 2024, 1:11:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info