Buff difficulty of regular content

Bump, we need monster rebalance to compensate for insane powercreep.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

i rather see a big rebalance in skills and ascendancies, the power gap between them is ridiculous.

so many years and GGG still cant figure out something as basic as damage output should be inverce to range and aoe. in terms of damage ranged skills with large aoe should not be remotely close to single target melee skills.

long story short fighting power creep with power creep while keeping the bad skills bad solves nothing.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

i rather see a big rebalance in skills and ascendancies, the power gap between them is ridiculous.

so many years and GGG still cant figure out something as basic as damage output should be inverce to range and aoe. in terms of damage ranged skills with large aoe should not be remotely close to single target melee skills.

long story short fighting power creep with power creep while keeping the bad skills bad solves nothing.

That is totaly different issue and I agree that overperforming skills should be tuned down by a lot. It could happen alongside monsters buff. One doesn’t exclude other - they should both happen.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Bump, lantern showed that campaign can be better with increased difficulty

Making things more tedious isn't really a solution either. Most players agree that maps aren't exciting, they mostly zone out in them. Honestly the entire endgame doesn't really offer much until t14 maps. I don't want to see red map monsters reach billions (or millions) of HP.

The game is too long and grindy for many players. they don't want to grind maps to get enough yellow juice to clone mirror shard cards so they can get gear, so then they can use the broken strategy this league to accumulate worthless orbs that don't matter.

GGG has to somehow balance a 500k dps build with 3 k life and 12 k armor/ev character with a 100k ev/armor character with 4.5 k life and 3 million more dps because [insert unique item] exists. My point is that some uniques and rare items offer way to much for a single piece of gear. For example, removing lightning coil and cloak of flames might actually be better for the game then balancing monster damage around them.

I have ideas like making it so you can wear one fractured item OR one synthesized item. GGG should start establishing some sort of reasonable cap to the kinds of gear we can have. I get most people will disagree with me, but man buffing monster life and damage isn't going to help matters.
"
roundishcap wrote:
Making things more tedious isn't really a solution either. Most players agree that maps aren't exciting, they mostly zone out in them. Honestly the entire endgame doesn't really offer much until t14 maps. I don't want to see red map monsters reach billions (or millions) of HP.

The game is too long and grindy for many players. they don't want to grind maps to get enough yellow juice to clone mirror shard cards so they can get gear, so then they can use the broken strategy this league to accumulate worthless orbs that don't matter.

GGG has to somehow balance a 500k dps build with 3 k life and 12 k armor/ev character with a 100k ev/armor character with 4.5 k life and 3 million more dps because [insert unique item] exists. My point is that some uniques and rare items offer way to much for a single piece of gear. For example, removing lightning coil and cloak of flames might actually be better for the game then balancing monster damage around them.

I have ideas like making it so you can wear one fractured item OR one synthesized item. GGG should start establishing some sort of reasonable cap to the kinds of gear we can have. I get most people will disagree with me, but man buffing monster life and damage isn't going to help matters.

Yes, that is why I ask about making campaign and early maps harder, to be more in line with new league content and endgame, so we don't get huge gap between regular t1 and league juiced (like affliction) t1. Game is already to quick in terms of progression.

Ofc early/middle game difficulty can't be balanced around top 5-10% who know exactly what they are doing and know the given build inside out. I think absolute majority of players find the game very hard and challenging. And running well juiced red maps is not easy for most and lots of players can't do it.

If you want more challenging gameplay play build which you haven't played 10 times before. I have no doubt that if you post here before league start that you wanna have a hard time and ask for build pick, lots of people will gladly give you suggestions which will make you happy in this regard. Yeah, if you say that you wanna suffer lots of guys will go out of their way to make your dreams come true.

I must say that you really made me laugh though with your self bumping the thread. You really are persistent, aren't you? Lol.
Bump, I hope GGG will buff difficulty of regular content to be more in line with new league stuff. Necropolis lantern was quite nice attempt.

Most noobs thing the game is too hard as it is. Noobs that don't follow guides will struggle. If you think the game is too easy then quit following other peoples builds and come up with something from scratch. Make that your challenge. Metaslaving and saying the game is too easy is always a hilarious take.

Or better yet, play hcssf or ruthless. Don't beg for changes that negatively effects new players
even if you play a non meta build the game provides way too much player power even early on to absolutely crush the entire game.
All the added power creep over the past years and adjusted game difficulty did in fact made the game a lot easier.

Also hcssf and ruthless are both not more challenging modes, the only challenging part about both especially ruthless is to find the mentality to limit yourself to a lot fewer viable build options.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info