Buff difficulty of regular content

"
Zandafolf wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
You don't need divines to spam red maps, we're doing them when we're poor, soon after campaign (wealth have nothing to do with it, as we can craft basic gear and roll with it, don't need much for t16). And that is way too soon, game need to have some progression, so white, yellow and red maps wouldn't be just placeholders to skip to start juiced t16s.

I'm not interested in easy game, I want it to be harder so the game would still be entertaining. I was doing damn ubers in first few days, thats not how the game should be for any build.

Its ok, friend. Path of exile isn't for everyone. If you're dissatisfied with the game, maybe you should play something else :)

The irony of saying that when the guy you are responding to has 40/40 challenges while you didn't even finish the campaign is not lost on you I hope
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Yes. That's the joke.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Once again powercreep bring us to a point where regular content and old leagues are way too easy. It is about time to balance game out and buff monsters in campaign and maps, so it will be closer to league difficulty. It is boring when we finish campaign and can nuke red maps instantly.

i blame powercreep for keeping the game difficult, and annoying
how the fuck, i'm stuck at lvl 91 because i can't stop being one shoted by random shit in my screen, that i can't even LEARN about wtf just killed me, because the screen is full of effects and monsters at higher levels

it's like i have no choice but to play some build that clears the whole screen with the push of a button
VISITE MEU DEVIANTART: http://nanicow.deviantart.com/
Last edited by nanicow on Jan 2, 2024, 5:56:01 PM
"
nanicow wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Once again powercreep bring us to a point where regular content and old leagues are way too easy. It is about time to balance game out and buff monsters in campaign and maps, so it will be closer to league difficulty. It is boring when we finish campaign and can nuke red maps instantly.

how the fuck, i'm stuck at lvl 91 because i can't stop being one shoted by random shit in my screen, that i can't even LEARN about wtf just killed me, because the screen is full of effects and monsters at higher levels

it's like i have no choice but to play some build that clears the whole screen with the push of a button

thats what happens when speed creep has been our driving balance for majority of the past 10 years.
You either zoom, or get zoomed.
I dunno if it is just the builds I typically play, but I don't really feel like there is much of a skill ceiling in this game compared to other similar sweaty try-hard games. Like, the other day I was putzing around with an alt near the end of acts and found a fractured scepter with +1 all spell gems, which I sold pretty promptly for about 20div. Between that and some other money I had saved up, I just bought some of the same gear that literally everyone in deep delve is using for my build type and suddenly the game went from hard to easy. I never feel like I get good at this game. I just spent 20 minutes fighting a double-juiced minotaur and everything was too fast to even gaf about what moves he was doing or not, the only "skill" involved was flame dashing away when he came over to one-shot me. I mostly go through several phases of gear each league and eventually, after about 100 div in this case, poof, I'm good at POE. I did simulacrum yesterday and had no idea what was happening on-screen and I don't think anyone honest would say otherwise, just dash around where the blurry mobs seem to be and drop AOEs...

Why I'm saying this, is sure, juice up heist too, it's drooly right now, it's a good place to level and *maybe* get one of those absurdly valuable rings currently and not much else, which is sad, cause that was an awesome league, but make sure the loot improves too, I don't really feel like trying to grind out the raw currency to be "good" at new era POE maps-on-roids when the legacy content is mostly a trash shower compared with the eldritch gear and wisp juicing.
"
I dunno if it is just the builds I typically play, but I don't really feel like there is much of a skill ceiling in this game compared to other similar sweaty try-hard games. Like, the other day I was putzing around with an alt near the end of acts and found a fractured scepter with +1 all spell gems, which I sold pretty promptly for about 20div. Between that and some other money I had saved up, I just bought some of the same gear that literally everyone in deep delve is using for my build type and suddenly the game went from hard to easy. I never feel like I get good at this game. I just spent 20 minutes fighting a double-juiced minotaur and everything was too fast to even gaf about what moves he was doing or not, the only "skill" involved was flame dashing away when he came over to one-shot me. I mostly go through several phases of gear each league and eventually, after about 100 div in this case, poof, I'm good at POE. I did simulacrum yesterday and had no idea what was happening on-screen and I don't think anyone honest would say otherwise, just dash around where the blurry mobs seem to be and drop AOEs...

Why I'm saying this, is sure, juice up heist too, it's drooly right now, it's a good place to level and *maybe* get one of those absurdly valuable rings currently and not much else, which is sad, cause that was an awesome league, but make sure the loot improves too, I don't really feel like trying to grind out the raw currency to be "good" at new era POE maps-on-roids when the legacy content is mostly a trash shower compared with the eldritch gear and wisp juicing.

If you use the following as measurement of your performance then skill critically matters:

"How much play time after leaguestart does it take to achieve XYZ in SSFHC"

Edit: "Skill" not being limited to mechanical skills.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Jan 2, 2024, 10:16:14 PM
Many of you simply miss the points, buffing monster alone will NOT make your boredom go away if you're already bored doing the same thing.

Imagine this patch notes:
1) Kitava now has 300% hp, ye, so instead of a 1 min fight now it's 3 min
2) All monsters now has 300% hp and 200% damage, ye now you gotta farm blood aqueduct longer to get some basic gear b4 white map, then yellow map longer before red map, you are not going to be suddenly excited for the game again just because of this.

You want proof? Players, including me actively avoid lots of difficult & challenging stuff in the game, like no hit sanctum run, delve as deep as you can, making build that can tank maven slam, because i suck at those things,

I have also become quite bored of this league now, will take some rest, but it's because i have played the game for 3 weeks straight, every single day, day-to-night,

it is NOT because i was able to reach red map first day and think "wow, that's the end, there's absolutely nothing else i can do anymore, i hope the journey from act 1 to act 10 could've been 3 days instead of 5 hours, that must've been fun."
"
nanicow wrote:

That's no surprise if you play a build with barely or close to no defensive layer at all.

Having at least some proper defensive layers would help you a lot without having to play a massive off screen clear build.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 2, 2024, 11:19:57 PM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"

If you use the following as measurement of your performance then skill critically matters:

"How much play time after leaguestart does it take to achieve XYZ in SSFHC"

Edit: "Skill" not being limited to mechanical skills.

Oh, then yeah, not enough masochist for that.
"
mooieshi wrote:
Many of you simply miss the points, buffing monster alone will NOT make your boredom go away if you're already bored doing the same thing.

Imagine this patch notes:
1) Kitava now has 300% hp, ye, so instead of a 1 min fight now it's 3 min
2) All monsters now has 300% hp and 200% damage, ye now you gotta farm blood aqueduct longer to get some basic gear b4 white map, then yellow map longer before red map, you are not going to be suddenly excited for the game again just because of this.

You want proof? Players, including me actively avoid lots of difficult & challenging stuff in the game, like no hit sanctum run, delve as deep as you can, making build that can tank maven slam, because i suck at those things,

I have also become quite bored of this league now, will take some rest, but it's because i have played the game for 3 weeks straight, every single day, day-to-night,

it is NOT because i was able to reach red map first day and think "wow, that's the end, there's absolutely nothing else i can do anymore, i hope the journey from act 1 to act 10 could've been 3 days instead of 5 hours, that must've been fun."

They will never get it. If you notice, almost everyone who complains that the game is too easy play in the trade league with the usual busted builds.
I would love to see them play “challenging” skills in SFF… yeah…

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info