Additional Upcoming Changes

"
Zenshii wrote:
Regarding this, i just checked my stats:
level 91, 66 deaths, 174 k kills, 3 divine 1 exalt drop.

RNG is generally bad, it seems. YOu can even start a poll to see natural divine drop ratio/50 k kills or something... Mine is 0.85. Original poster has something like 0.3, and the "blessed white knight" with 13 divines has a ratio of 2.6

444k kills, 2 div and 3 ex raw drop, this make a ration of 0.2 for me. I'm the lucky winner? :D

P.S. no culler
Last edited by tador88 on Sep 13, 2022, 9:24:25 AM
"
axeltt012 wrote:
dead league, maybe dead game. Game will never be the same and we aren't moving in the right direction.

You want to reduce TFT power but increase it with loot goblins (which feels bad even without the culler issue).

You don't even consider that players should be rewarded continuously instead of once in a blue moon. This is what the player base hate. We want to feel that ANY mob can drop at anytime a big item. Why should I kill ANYTHING if I can just make a speedy build that hunt certain monsters.

Why does killing white and blue monsters feel like wasting time. Im here to kill shitload of monsters and get rewarded from it... not to hunt loot crates.

+1
"
DeeUU8938 wrote:
"
xBlackBart wrote:
Hi, brand new player here!

I came in right before the Lake drop. So my perspective is a little different. The game is amazing. My only issue is feeling like Im gonna have to play another 100 hours to find the next good upgrade. (The occassional 47 convoking wands is a little weird too, but, it's a game)

I appreciate everything the Devs are doing to make this is a great experience. It's amazing this game is free.

For this patch, definitely happy to see the permafrost change.

The game is too rewarding, if GGG have their way you will need 1000 hours to find the next good upgrade.

They are catering for a crowd of players that can smash 100 hours in a weekend and streamers, there is no way they can cater for those, and cater for the player (I'd argue "normal" player) who plays an hour a day, it's an impossible task.

Dude managed to squeeze 100 hours into a 48 hour weekend. Give him a Noble prize, stat!
The best would be:

Turn off Servers

Install 3.18

Reset Game

Let us play 3.18 for the next 3 months.

Nothing else needed.
"
tador88 wrote:
"
Zenshii wrote:
Regarding this, i just checked my stats:
level 91, 66 deaths, 174 k kills, 3 divine 1 exalt drop.

RNG is generally bad, it seems. YOu can even start a poll to see natural divine drop ratio/50 k kills or something... Mine is 0.85. Original poster has something like 0.3, and the "blessed white knight" with 13 divines has a ratio of 2.6

444k kills, 2 div and 3 ex raw drop, this make a ration of 0.2 for me. I'm the lucky winner? :D

Not sure if this calculations are fair without details.
400k kills on red maps should be very different from 400k kills on white maps, Heist should be different from Legions, etc.
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
Not sure if this calculations are fair without details.
400k kills on red maps should be very different from 400k kills on white maps, Heist should be different from Legions, etc.

Don't worry, my atlas is full, I run only T16, same level of LoK or heist contracts. Delve is only on lv 81 mobs. As a proof, I doubt that anyone can do 22 challenges in white maps.
tldr: Gambling

Those were just people taking MASSIVE risks and having fun. You are certainly welcome to do the same if you put in the grind effort and will to risk it all. Yeah sure, 90% of POE playerbase will not come close to that kind of turnover (maybe until near leauge's end), but that is just progression differences. Pointless to complain about people gambling, they are just doing what their environment enables them to.

Ultimately, gambling is the true end-game - not just POE, but IRL even. You could grind end-game content and hoard ton of godlies, but then what? What to do w/ all that wealths? What better than risk it for excitement, cause you sure do not get that from end-game content by then. And if you think about it, excitement is the chase, not the material.

The leauge (not the game) at this point is just fine tuning until next one. It is a shame for the most iconic lore to be so blindsided by AN and loot nerf. Honestly, I would rather GGG just get everything done in one patch rather than feeding everyone bits and pieces every week or so. You should have enough feedback by now to lay out which AN mods are which.
This is another update that is just a band aid on the knee while the patient is bleeding out from the stomach. Here is a list of things that I feel like should be fixed or at least addressed.

AN problems:
-Singular mod changes are irelevant when the issue is combination of
mods.
-Loot goblins are fun design if average loot is good because it makes player
more excited to find one, not when loot is so spiky you have to actively hunt
them and call a culler for them. (I doubt you can fix it this league but you
should at least address it as something to be fixed next league)
-Creature type of AN matters very little and the actual fight is with the mods
so fighting the rares is literally same every single time except for few
specific cases. (slow beach zombies vs moas)
-Also please next league cut the mod list by like 75% it's actually
stupid how many mods each element has.

LoK problems:
-Lake feels super underwhelming untill diff 10+ tiles no matter the actual lake
level. And 10+ tiles are honestly harder than most of my hard red maps.
-It is fairly annoying to try frostblinking over the gap at the lake just to
frostblink on the spot essentially because terrain is a lie.
-Kalandra with her basic randomized reflection shouldn't show just once during
the lake when you have 10 or 15 tile lakes. Those basic reflections that are
randomized should be WAY WAY WAY more common. Like once in 3-4 tiles with
50/50chance of it being double.

Other problems:
-Metamorphs feels super irelevant as a league mechanic, which is kinda weird
considering how close it is to archnemesis. Like rewards are very bad while
the actual fight got only slightly easier in your average MM encounter while
being way harder if you have a proper juiced MM with some nasty mods.
-Delve literally isn't about pushing depth which I feel like should be the
main way to increase difficulty but also rewards.
Last edited by Aerith919 on Sep 13, 2022, 9:33:24 AM
Harvest...
F

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info