Molten Strike

"
willeke wrote:
Sorry more questions: If I got hatred running, and this counts: Unmodified projectiles will deal 72% of full weapon damage, of which 60% of physical is converted to fire damage. Then the projectiles will deal 12% physical damage + 3.12% (12%*0.26) cold damage?
assuming your hatred is the ".26" then...
0.72 *0.6 = 0.432 [43.2%] percent fire damage on projectiles.
0.6 - 0.432 = 0.168 [16.8%] percent physical on projectiles.
0.72 *0.26 = 0.1872 -> 18.72% extra cold damage on projectiles.
VERY BIG ISSUE!!!
----------
Spoiler
Needs projectile part of the attack to be shown in at least some way. Maybe as an extra section in the character screen. (probably preferable) Or, maybe have it toggle-able. Can I know like how the hell my stuff is being calculated? LMP, GMP, MS all have LESS damage modifiers, but if they were additive, then I would do 0% damage to (or even heal if the damage isn't lower bound) mobs by attacking them.
What is the actual damage that is going on? I'd love to know. (It's more than 0, as Warlord's mark still heals me).

----------
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Oct 17, 2014, 1:16:20 AM
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
LMP, GMP, MS all have LESS damage modifiers, but if they were additive, then I would do 0% damage to (or even heal if the damage isn't lower bound) mobs by attacking them.

Increased/Reduced are additive modifiers.
More/Less are multiplicative modifiers.

Let's say you link GMP and Chain to Elemental Hit, using a Bow.
EH just deals 100% Damage. GMP and Chain grant 50% Less Damage.
100 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 25% Damage.
Each 50% Less Damage multiplier halves Damage dealt separately.

You also have 50% Increased Projectile Damage, and 50% Increased Damage (untyped).
100 * (1 + (50/100) + (50/100)) * 0.5 * 0.5 = 50% Damage
Due to the multiplicative nature of GMP and Chain, they have a larger impact than the two 50% Increased Damage sources.

If GMP and Chain were instead 50% Reduced Damage, it would work out as follows:
100 * (1 + (50/100) + (50/100) + (-50/100) + (-50/100) = 100% Damage
100% Increased Damage completely negates the 100% Reduced Damage, due to additive stacking.

-----------
To list the Projectile damage, GGG has to rework the Character Sheet entirely. Another one of those things that has been on the list for a long time, but takes a whole lot of time (probably requiring its own separate update).
From my experience with Marauder and Templar builds, this skill is OP and broken as hell especially with HoA.
Has anyone tried Lava Lash? Would it add damage to the projectiles?
The Projectiles are weapon-based Hits (Attacks) all the same, so yes, Lava Lash applies as per usual.
Hi, need some help.

I have MS linked with multistrike + CoC

So can someone explain me what will happen in crit

1. Initial hit deals 3 times and triggers 1 time.

2. 3*3 proj spawn. They also crits and triggered linked skill 9 times in sum.

Is it correct?

Haw many times linced spell will be casted in that case?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last edited by Radonegskyprotiv on Nov 19, 2014, 3:39:50 AM
"
Radonegsky wrote:
Hi, need some help.

I have MS linked with multistrike + CoC

So can someone explain me what will happen in crit

1. Initial hit deals 3 times and triggers 1 time.

2. 3*3 proj spawn. They also crits and triggered linked skill 9 times in sum.

Is it correct?

Haw many times linced spell will be casted in that case?

Well, up to 12 times vs single enemy, up to 21 times vs two enemies, and so on. Assuming all projectiles hit all enemies, though, which rarely happens in real combat, since projectiles dont have very large AoE.

Also, even if you happen do deal a "critical" attack, enemy still can evade from it, in that case CoC wont proc. And CoC itself has a chance to proc on crit.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 23, 2014, 10:25:49 AM
I have a question about how the Pillar of the Caged Gods works with this. I've read several posts mentioning various things but none have addressed my specific question. Therefore I ask :)

On the Pillar, the text reads as such: "16% Increased Physical Weapon Damage per 10 Strength"
--This comes from the item description itself so I'm clear on that.

Molten Strike however, I'm forced to rely on the poe wiki which leaves me feeling uncomfortable in terms of it being fact or not. But the wiki is reliable more often than not and it reports this little bit of information:

"That said, passive points that grant Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons for example will in fact affect the projectile attack as well if one is using a one-handed weapon, since it is still an attack that is dealt with a melee weapon (though the damage you're dealing is not actually melee damage). "

My question, Given that Pillar describes it's gain as a "Physical WEAPON Damage per 10 Strength" this implies to me that the bonus will apply to the projectiles, the same as if I had a bonus staff damage node from the passive tree. Is this so?

The projectiles are generated from the initial hit, does the bonus damage from the staff then apply to projectiles? I understand that the damage bonus is already applied on the initial hit which generates the projectiles...so in a way it's already factored in. But I'm fuzzy as to if it is applying a second time. I would think not, but my damage on those little magma balls is pretty hard hitting so I'm unsure.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
"
pestwulf wrote:
I understand that the damage bonus is already applied on the initial hit which generates the projectiles...so in a way it's already factored in.

That's not how Molten/Lightning Strike work though. The Projectiles are not in any way related to the Melee strike; Projectile Damage is simply based on your weapon, not on the Melee strike. This is why Strength does not apply - it specifically only applies to Melee Damage, which does not include Projectiles.

The Projectiles deal weapon Damage, just like every other attack. If your weapon deals Physical Damage (it does), then Increased Physical Weapon Damage applies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info