Molten Strike

Something I'm a little curious about.

Has anyone tested faster projectiles with multistrike and molten strike?

The reason I ask this, I've been playing with molten strike + blood magic + multistrike + Wep ele. When I hit an acceleration shrine, my attack speed increases massively.

Of course this doesn't effect the tooltip at all, because the attack is based off the attack speed of the melee portion. However, multistrike causes the skill to repeat twice, and the next cast happen once that has finished. With increased projectiles the projectile portion of the attack ends much faster, allowing the repeats to happen faster.

Basically asking if a faster projectile gem could end up being more powerful than a faster attack gem.

20/20 faster attack is 54% attack speed

20/20 faster projectiles is 10% attack speed, 68% projectile speed, 19% projectile damage.

With the deminishing returns on attack speed, I'm wondering if a char that has stackedattack speed may well benefit more from projectile speed. (the tooltip would never let you know this though)
Last edited by MrPing1000 on Jul 30, 2014, 12:38:02 AM
You can swing again before the Projectiles land; they're completely unrelated to the Melee swing. The reason you Attack much faster is because that's what Acceleration Shrines do. You... Accelerate.

There are no diminishing returns on Increased Attack Speed.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 30, 2014, 12:44:15 AM
there are still some questions regarding the magma projectiles, for that I was unable to find a an answer so far.

1. Do the projectiles trigger life leech?
/ gem / warlords mark / passive nodes / item affixes /

2. What sources are taken to compute the damage of the projectiles?
The wiki says "Unmodified projectiles will deal 72% of full weapon damage"
Full weapon Damage is the physical and elemental damage a weapon does right ?

3. What is the interaction between "weapon elemental damage" gem and the projectiles?

4. Can the Projectiles miss? they come out and hit, even if you just swing in the air, so accuracy seems not important
Last edited by kkjct2 on Aug 27, 2014, 9:27:14 AM
They are Projectile Attacks, they work exactly like Projectile Attacks. It's no different from firing an arrow, except you're using a mace instead.
why MS isn't allowed for unarmed? It's shame unarmed didn't get any new skills and MS can easily fit into unarmed
Sad, but to be fair, there's really only facebreaker. Nothing else.
There is, atm, no other unarmed to speak of...
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
would this build work out?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA-_WXl0V85Rm0OIw2YeJVSyaVFr-kseWOnWNd8g5ISVHw1ZUuBx4RlmyMnao2PeOEYqz_HEuNHoG0xVIN2j0i6pu1UzUPqwkhW_fdDSzpFSAqTX1brEdRTMpKwzrRNqTCFHUY2zWStfJuqkrIPyf-Cti9_o9N46ZXSn2Hdmeg_MV4DaluMn46UjboWK-fyw48VvoppU4qW6-sr-eRw4ZeExvIQzG2QXTthO9672BLBS2jiu4OPeK309fLG61I7k2SI_aNfTrhMZ4DHh9BBiM=

it is with elemental damage. as far as I know this should scale both (the initial hit and the projectily) ?

this skill confuses me :/ sorry
Dear GGG. Id shower you with riches and give you all my moneyz if only you guys could come up with an alternative skill effect for Molten Strike which I love to use but am not too big of a fan when it comes to those flying meatballs xD

"Help me GGG, you're my only hope"
Canon ball molten strike, for all you pirate themed characters.
@Moylin (Beyond)
How does MS work when multiple hits strike the target in terms of stacking status effects? IE. If I am wearing The Three Dragons mask and land a critical with my melee strike and then my critical strike fire balls land hitting the initial target with 2 out of the three will he have 3 stacks of Shock or 1?

This is assuming that since critical strike rolls only happen once per action and thus a critical strike from the melee swing guarantees the projectiles will crit as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info