Molten Strike

Somethings off with this gem.

It's not the need to hit now. I'm at lvl 8, and I have 100% hit chance against everything, both offhand and mainhand. but I wiff ALLOT. orbs go off about 30% of the time, but I'm still spending mana on every swing.

Groundslam goes off EVERY time. Why doesn't Molten strike? I don't get it. Is there a bug? it's better to default attack mobs, at least I damage them.

Or is my LCS off, and I really only hit 1/3 of the time?

It's weird. First time I"ve ever seen this on Molten strike. I don't want to blame the hit requirement, but at 100% accuracy, I should be getting balls more then 30% of the time.

I was hoping to level with molten strike, but I can't when it literally misses ( or doens't go off) 2/3 of the time. Groundslam...every time. clears fast. MS is either really broke atm, or I bought a bugged 20% gem.

EDIT: figured it out. Due to the "hit" mechanic, you know have to have an active target in order for it to go off. Feels horrible. stopped playing my MS build after 8 levels. Please change this, there was absolutely no reason to make this change.

Guess I'll be looking a making a GS build instead. At least it feels good to play.

EDIT EDIT: Still something off...even with a mob targeted, It can wiff at 100% hit chance. it happens more often when I am holding down the move button AND hitting with MS. But every other skill can do this fine, something about the MS interaction makes it wiff and you essentially waste Mana. still needs to be looked at.
Last edited by Temjiu on Jul 7, 2019, 9:42:54 PM
Make MS send projectiles again without melee target in range

I agree to many players who were thinking MS was a little overpowered.

The last patch 3.7 made some melee skills stronger.
And it nerfed MS:
a) Reducing damage numbers
b) Reducing the number of projectiles
c) MS balls fly only if you hit

All 3 together is too much.
GGG is known for heavy nerfs, many times they did it too much.
(So many times that I think that this is intended and not incomplete work.)
I feel bad with c). MS melee range isn't large and with Multistrike you hit the air 3 times a lot.
Frost Blades and Lightning Strike work without hitting a target.

I have two Jugganauts using MS. One with Ngamahu's Flame (2hd axe, L82) and the other with a Oni-Goroshi 1hd sword (L87).
Both chars play a lot worse than before.
The 2hd axe has a greater range but it doesn't feel good to play any longer.
Oni-Goroshi is a glas cannon build even with 7 end. charges up.
Before 3.7 it was dangerous but fun. Now the fun is lost and the danger becomes greater.

So please undo change c).

By the way I think it's a strange and bad design decision to make a skill usabel by using a jewel only.
Last edited by Jerexil on Jul 10, 2019, 4:06:59 AM
damn why did you have to ruin the only fun i had in this game?
I think projectile spawning strike skills should do most of their single target with the strike attack hit. Then you could balance damage separately vs projectile hits for mjölner, coc, lgoh, spread, clear etc.

If projectile amount was like 9+ at lvl 20 but did like >20% of base dmg per projectile hit, they always procced even on attack ground, etc; then you could balance skills like molten strike, lightning strike, frostblades, etc to be interesting both for clear and dmg without necessarily making them OP. But considering KB, sunder, molten strike prenerf, splinter dmg probably needs to be lower unscaled dmg vs single target. If you could literally spawn a magmaballstorm or frostbladestorm every attack, it would be a very cool niche vs spectral throw, steel skills, etc. Might be need some sources of

"projectile dmg"

to be

"dmg with projectile skills"
or
"attack dmg with projectile skills"

for strikes spawning projectiles to scale to be easier, but i think you could still make do as currently without.

Also, a molten strike mtx that completely or almost completely removed projectiles and simply made celestial reality rifts in zone layout where the impacts hit for a couple of frames would be very very cool.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Jul 31, 2019, 10:46:37 AM
Please GGG, understand that Molten Strike is a large part of the population's first melee skill, I played it for so long and now it just is too clunky to be played right. The change that you cannot molten strike unless in melee range completely makes the skill feel unplayable. This needs to be reverted or something needs to be changed about molten strike to make it feel fluid again. It's incredibly disappointing that this skill still is in the state that it's in considering all of the new updates for 3.9 would greatly excite me if I could use them on molten strike
Last edited by wonderwiff on Dec 3, 2019, 3:31:45 PM
With the 3.9.0 content release, Molten Strike has received an animation update - and while the lava fountains look really cool, they obscure a lot of the ground around your character.

You can barely see anything that is happening to the floor tiles and this proves to be problematic especially in instances where there are patches of burning / chilled / shocking / desecrated / etc. ground.

The lava fountain will also block sight of various projectiles or attack animations, such as Split Arrow, Arc or Sweep.

This gets progressively more dramatic the more molten balls the player produces (with the help of the Wildfire jewel, Helmet Enchantment, Dying Sun modifier etc.).

In my opinion this visual update is in need of more tweaking.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have a feeling those balls aint hitting smaller single targets at all, using conc effect and no aoe increases. Anyone else got the same feeling? Found way to fix it? Some bigger targets go down so fast when balls are hitting, but smaller metamorphs especially seem to take alot of time.
"
TinyRogue wrote:
With the 3.9.0 content release, Molten Strike has received an animation update - and while the lava fountains look really cool, they obscure a lot of the ground around your character.

You can barely see anything that is happening to the floor tiles and this proves to be problematic especially in instances where there are patches of burning / chilled / shocking / desecrated / etc. ground.

The lava fountain will also block sight of various projectiles or attack animations, such as Split Arrow, Arc or Sweep.

This gets progressively more dramatic the more molten balls the player produces (with the help of the Wildfire jewel, Helmet Enchantment, Dying Sun modifier etc.).

In my opinion this visual update is in need of more tweaking.

Remembering my last feedback on the Molten Strike gem, I'm pleased to have read about the upcoming Molten Strike visual update - and as it turns out it's really good!

The update has cleared up a lot of the "effect clutter" that the 3.9.0 Molten Strike brought with it and now the lava fountains are much, much smaller while still looking rad. The floor tiles are no longer obscured and you can now see things such as projectiles flying towards you.

Big thumbs-up to GGG for this neat as heck update!!!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Last edited by TinyRogue on Mar 16, 2020, 5:21:48 AM
I have a question =) if you use endless munitions with molten strike you will have 5 projectiles what happens now when you use the new wildfire jewel? will you have 2 or 3 projectiles? I can't find any informations about how you split when the amount of projectiles are uneven.
Dear GGG Game Mechanics Team, thanks for your time and hope you're well. Can the projectile aspect of molten strike--as in the magma balls--proc Elemental Overload? Or only the melee portion of molten strike--when a monster is melee hit--can proc EO? Thanks for your answer!
Last edited by FlaskAddictAnonymous on Jul 3, 2020, 4:15:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info