Molten Strike

The projectiles can crit, and that will mean you have crit recently for EO.
Not sure if aware but the stygian molten strike MTX is super laggy did some testing with it and without definitely noticed a big difference.
Is their any consideration to allow this skill to proc the molten balls without hitting an enemy again?

I only ask this because it's so odd to play this skill now. If you're out of place at all and can't hit a mob or boss - you get no damage. It's like if shattering lance or magma orb (rolling magma) required "on hit" mechanic to work - just weird and awkward.
Why Melee damage modifiers still doesn't affect created magma balls' damage? Why, for example, caustic arrow has this mechanic (projectile damage affects damage over time damage for caustic ground created), but molten strike doesn't? Feels weird. So for some cases (like gloves base - gripped or spiked) i have to decide, what to scale, melee hit, or ball hit, same for influence modifiers.
Been playing molten strike since betrayal every league when possible, the last time it didn't feel like garbage was 3.9 with the release of the strike influenced gloves which kind of alleviated one of the issues that molten strike had following acall nerfs but getting to that stage means you have already almost beaten the game, whats the point?

My issue is with early game, mid game progression, this skill is pretty much unplayable without a lot of QoL pieces that fit together like a puzzle.

Clearing and Single Target - You need Ancestral call, strike gloves or tribal fury anoint, this is a massive damage penalty on single target already. Please give all strike skill gems +1 additional target at all levels.

Buff base Strike Range - following the nerfs on molten strike being unable to summon balls from no targets has hurt this skill alot, especially in a game where a lot of the bosses and content rely on you to be moving at all times, this makes it a grief to attempt to get dps through without playing an exceptionally tanky ascendancy like Jugg. Divergent molten strike is currently what i am using at the moment, along with stacking strike range to make it playable.

Attack speed - This skill is actually unplayable without excessive amounts of attack speed, it feels way too clunky, currently Multistrike is a bandaid for this skill, i have no idea why you would nerf multistrikes attack speed a few patches ago and following 3.15 nerfs further make this skill extremely clunky to play without stacking excessive amounts of attack speed, action speed etc.

All 3 of these issues are more related to the QoL of the skill gem.

Last edited by tomcruisejr on Aug 14, 2021, 8:20:11 AM
New zenit version isnt working properly with multistrike. It does not country as attack for the fifth to proc 1000% more damage.

Also in game its not 1000, but 800%. Which is wrong compared to your statement
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'd like to suggest that Molten Strike of the Zenith be changed to to only work with weapons that use both hand slots. This would make it so Oni-Goroshi can be used along with normal 2handed weapons, which I think would give the weapon a bit more use and I feel would be thematic with the skill and weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info