Molten Strike

if you want to hit a big boss multiple times with this skill specifically, DON"T increase AoE.
if you want to hit general things multiple times with this skill specifically, DO increase AoE.
this is assuming extra projectiles as questioned.

vs a boss, they are large normally, so more likely all splashes will hit it with thier narrow spread.
vs other things, the randomness of increased size of splashes vs increase in range of the splashes, won't matter that much and its nicer to have bigger. the extra projectiles will give more coverage and increased likelihood that two balls land next to each other.

both cases, on coming update, the projectiles themselves will only hit once, but the splash is the important part anyways for this skill. unless you're using cast on crit then... lol not sure what to say there, you only have 3 procs max due to cooldown. XD
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
if you want to hit a big boss multiple times with this skill specifically, DON"T increase AoE.
if you want to hit general things multiple times with this skill specifically, DO increase AoE.

vs a boss, they are large normally, so more likely all splashes will hit it with thier narrow spread.
vs other things, the randomness of increased size of splashes vs increase in range of the splashes, won't matter that much and its nicer to have bigger. the extra projectiles will give more coverage and increased likelihood that two balls land next to each other.

both cases, on coming update, the projectiles themselves will only hit once, but the splash is the important part anyways for this skill. unless you're using cast on crit then... lol not sure what to say there, you only have 3 procs max due to cooldown. XD

Great feedback, thanks. I was pretty much assuming what you said. The coming update in 2.0 to projectile mechanics is going to make MS w/ GMP/LMP less effective for LGoH effectiveness then huh? In other words, even if each of my MS attacks fires 9 projectiles, I'll only benefit from LGoH once per attack, right? Or am I confused?
IGN: NinetySixBottlesOfBeer
"
Edits wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

Great feedback, thanks. I was pretty much assuming what you said. The coming update in 2.0 to projectile mechanics is going to make MS w/ GMP/LMP less effective for LGoH effectiveness then huh? In other words, even if each of my MS attacks fires 9 projectiles, I'll only benefit from LGoH once per attack, right? Or am I confused?

I guess more bluntly my question is: will the upcoming changes in 2.0 to projectile mechanics ablate the "on hit" effects from MS's projectiles? (ie, if my goal is LGoH, will more projectiles be useless per attack on an individual enemy?)
Last edited by Edits on Apr 22, 2015, 9:38:15 PM
The projectile changes in 2.0.0 remove shotgunning - this means that of a set of projectiles fired together, only one can collide with any given enemy.
Molten strike projectiles cannot collide with any enemies, and thus cannot shotgun. Their AoE can overlap to damage things multiple times, this has not changed.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The projectile changes in 2.0.0 remove shotgunning - this means that of a set of projectiles fired together, only one can collide with any given enemy.
Molten strike projectiles cannot collide with any enemies, and thus cannot shotgun. Their AoE can overlap to damage things multiple times, this has not changed.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I was reading that first part of the comment, and thought "Wow, I thought they only changed spells. Darn, no more infinite popcorn build."
And then the second paragraph: "Oh...that's a relief."
i find it very strange molten strike does nothing with projectile speed

i would love to see it effect how long it takes to land on the ground.

How much of an increase to DPS is Point Blank with this skill? Worth 1 point in the skill tree? :)
"
Unsul wrote:
How much of an increase to DPS is Point Blank with this skill? Worth 1 point in the skill tree? :)

i always felt is was very strong personnaly
Do you use Concentrated Effect with it? Dunno if its worth the gem slot + the passiv point - any experiences on that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info